3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

La weightloss #56

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 11:44 PM   #61

Meg, and the rest of ya'll, thanks for the info. I start it tomorrow morning. I hope I have something good come out of this. I told my boyfriend that if I am *****y tomorrow then that's why

Karen
Old 11-09-2002, 02:17 AM   #62

Hi All,

Have I told you how great you all are?? Thank you for posting replies about the cookbook!

Cheer...when I was on WW I started a "recipe" thread, it's in the "Depression" Forum. Most of them are from WW and some are mine and other WW people's creations. Suzanne had no objections to them and I think as long as the credit is given to whomever, it's pretty legal. So I would say if you have the time to scan them in...I for one would love to try a couple that you approve of That is a very generous offer

Well today was the first day on the "Red Plan". Talk about challenging...I was out all day Christmas Shopping with my mom and cousin. So on the first day, I had to try and figure out how to eat at a restaurant with two women who kept asking for MORE HOT CRUSTED ITALIAN ROLLS and using olive oil and garlic dipping sauce to make things worst!!

I got through it! I ordered 3 ounces of grilled chicken and had it sliced over a small garden salad, with balsamic vinegar. The two of them had pasta, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, in a garlic and oil sauce...OMG, it smelt soooo good. I wanted to slap the two of them But, this is life, and I have to learn how to deal with this on a regular basis. I was very proud of myself!

The only problem I had...as you can imagine was my water. I hate to stop to use the ladies room in every store (I know where they all are) So I drowned myself when I got home.

My center gave me a sample box of the biscotti instead of the bars. I asked how much they were, but I was told, "try them first and we'll discuss the price later". Oh ya, maybe another subtle pressure tactic They were sooooooo good, what an awesome treat! I bet they are very pricey????

Well enough rambling for one night....I hope all of you have a great weekend! Stay focused and think thin. For those of you that are way younger than I, do this for yourself NOW, don't wait until your life passes you by. You are worth it and so am I!!!!

Thanks for being here for me!!

Meg
Old 11-09-2002, 08:32 AM   #63

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I have not posted for a few days because our computer was "sick", but it is feeling much better--$100 later.

I am off to the center to weigh in. I was up 3 pounds this last time so I am hoping that it was a fluke and I'm back down again plus some. I hope.

Thanks for the cookbook info. I am asking for it for Christmas as well.

Well, I'll check in later with my latest weight.

Start Weight 191
Start Date 9-4-02
Current Weight 160
Mini Goal 154 by 2/7/79 my 24th birthday
Goal Weight 130
Old 11-09-2002, 10:45 AM   #64

Hi All:
Karen good luck with the three day.
meg do you know if the biscotti are a limited item, I keep forgetting to ask at my center? They are either 5/$25.00 or $6.00 a box at my center anyway.
Did anyone have luck with the weekends off or did you find it to hard to stay OP?
Diane
Old 11-09-2002, 11:02 AM   #65

Good morning all. I have been lurking lately as things have been a bit crazy. I have been SOOO busy with work and school and I have not been staying on plan. When I went to weigh in today I was up 2 lbs and that was the last straw!!! SOOOOO....I am back and going to work really hard.

Have a great weekend all.
Old 11-09-2002, 11:33 AM   #66

Hi all,

I made it through last night, only picking here and there instead of just eating everything in site like I have been.

Diane- Nice to hear from ya! Glad things are going ok.

Jibbelle- Sorry about the weight gain. Welcome back to diet land, keep us updated on how it's going throughout the week. I'am also having a heard time getting back but i'm doing it.

er130- glad your computer is feeling better. lol Sorry your up a few pounds.

Meg- congrats on making good food choices in the face of temptation!lol My center sells the biscotti's the same as Diane's. it's so worth it. At first I thought it was but they really have helped me through some rough patches. lol

karen- good luck w/ the express. Keep us posted!

Kathy
Old 11-09-2002, 12:24 PM   #67

Do the biscotti's count as a LA Lite or are they starches?
Old 11-09-2002, 02:42 PM   #68

Hi Marcie:
The biscotti count as a starch and a fruit. I like the vanilla ones with some La lite Hot chocolate.
I am glad you are back. You've kept me posting through the good and bad, thats what we are all here for to help each other.
Diane
Old 11-09-2002, 04:18 PM   #69

Biscotti and hot chocolate sound like a great afternoon snack or evening dessert!
Old 11-09-2002, 04:57 PM   #70

Well, I tried the juice this morning and it tasted nasty. I had washed my shaker cup and I must have not rinced it all the way and it tasted like soap......EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I don't know if I am really crazy about the taste though. So I took it home (because I was at work) and threw it in the dish washer. So now I am ready to use it. I will keep you informed
Old 11-09-2002, 08:43 PM   #71

Default Hey!

Well I went and weighed in...... It has been a week tomorrow since I started. I was down 3.5, so Woohoo!!

Then dh and I went out to lunch, and although I swore I was going to get grilled fish, I had a burger and fries...... So today, was a bust!

But tomorrow, I am back on! Only 64 more to go! :lol

Good luck to all!

joined 11/2/02 203.5
current 192.5
Christmas goal 185
Mother's Day Goal 140
Old 11-09-2002, 09:58 PM   #72

Way to go on your weightloss. Keep up the good work.

I am so hungry. I want to go into the fridge and get a loaf of bread and eat it all. lol Although I did cheat and had a chai at work today but it didn't taste good. I know that by tomorrow it will be all over on thr cravings. I have been though this before so I know the drill. And it does pass. So I have to keep that in mind.

My little boyfriend took me to a steakhouse and I had a steak and a salad while he had the steak with the bread and potato. I so wanted the bread. It was killing me.

Well I will let you know how things are going tomorrow.

Karen
Old 11-09-2002, 10:19 PM   #73

I weighed in today at was back down to 171 which was where I was before I put on the 3 pounds. I was finally introduced to the weekends off program. We'll see how it works for me. I was telling my hubby that I was going to buy oreos and his response was (and very smart may I add). "hon, you didn't buy oreo's before why do it now." So true, I didn't spend the money to have them in the house before so why bother with them now." I may just pick stuff up when I know I'm going somewhere where everyone else will be eatting the "regular" stuff. We'll see. I have a very astute (sp) husband!

Start Weight 191
Start Date 9-4-02
Current Weight 160
Mini Goal 154 by 2/7/79 my 24th birthday
Goal Weight 130
Old 11-10-2002, 01:16 PM   #74

Hi All:
I am finding the weekends off hard. I am trying to stick to the portion size but I know its there and want more. Even though there is more food variety, I am finding that I am not feeling full or satisfied. I am looking for more to eat.
Erin did you try the weekend off plan?
Diane
Old 11-10-2002, 02:22 PM   #75

It sounds as if it will take some time to get accustomed to the weekends off plan. Good luck all!

I had a decent day yesterday, but I didnt do well today. I was at work from 8-12 and I got the munchies and ate candy from the candy jar....not just candy but chocolates! ARGH!!!! So...I am trying to forget it happened, having a healthy (but light) lunch and dinner today. Back on track tomorrow!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.