La weightloss #56

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • It is so predictable that we are going to have the problems staying on the program at times, especially around the holidays. I maintain that it all has to do with what frame of mind and mind games we are playing with ourselves at any given time. When you are very motivated and focused the eating plan seems to just fall in line.

We just have to know that there are times we are going to have trouble, and plan for it. I have to get the foods that I call my red light foods, out of my house. Otherwise, it just gives me too much opportunity to dive into them when I am in a weak or craving mode. For instance, the Halloween candy is leaving my house today. Yesterday after lunch, which I planned for and had OP, I got into the candy. Go figure!

I am also on the red plan. I do better to divide my protein out so I get some at every meal. I usually have eggs or eggbeaters, toast, yoghurt for breakfast. About once a week I have oatmeal or cereal. Lunch is often a salad with a little protein.

One thing that I did when I started the program that has helped me is I got a journal and wrote why I wanted to lose weight and how I thought it would improve my life. I also journal some of my thoughts on good or bad days throughout the journey. When I am needing a motivation boost, I go back and read the entries, and it helps me to refocus.

Sorry about the rambling. Hope everyone has a great day.
    Hannah
  • You guys seem very dedicated...... I want to be, but it is only my 4th day! I went for my first visit yesterday and was down .5. I didn't get to do Jet Start, so I hope that doesn't hold me back from a good first week.

My baby was sick this morning (vomiting, she seems to have the stomach flu, YUCK), so I didn't get breakfast at all. I ate OP at lunch. I am finding nights to be when I want to snack the most...
  • Hi Pennie, I find that nights are my worst as well (practically all day) anyhoo, I find that a cup of coffee helps me after dinner.

Kathy
  • weekends WAY off
    I laugh when I look at my post about weekends off, and how it would be so good for me....blah...blah...blah. You should have seen me this past weekend....pizza, taco bell...donuts (I'm pretty sure they are not on the weekends off card)

I was so mad at myself, and I knew it wouldn't end on Sunday (had to get that last piece of pizza in on Monday), so I dragged myself to LAWL to assess the damage. I gained 2 lbs in TWO DAYS! That stinks. It takes soooo long to take off, but it goes back on so quickly.

I'm back OP and exercising like mad. I lost the 2 lbs that I had gained (okay, so they were easier to take off than I think).

My counselor might ban me from weekends off! I might try it one more weekend and if I just can't control myself, I will have to stick to the regular program....
  • Hi Everyone,

I am kind of new here...I posted a question to all of you a couple of weeks ago. I was a former WW person and I have recently joined the ranks of all you die hard LAWL people. After reading your posts for several weeks, I think the bunch of you helped me make the decision to just get up and DO IT!!

So here I am, just completed my second day OP and will be happy when I don't have to eat so much protien!!!! I feel stuffed and uncomfortable and that's with only eating about 5 ounces of meat or fish per meal. My counselor said "eat healthy portions", well after these three days, I think I will welcome the restrictions (for a little while at least)

I want to loose at least 60 pounds, which I managed to gain in the last 8 years.

The center that I joined seems to be very easy going (so far). There was no pressure to buy bars or supplements. In fact, I wouldn't join until they showed me the entire plan. So they pulled out all the "cards" and let me go through them and then I wanted a calorie count on the plan that she thought I'd fall into and that sent her to the phone. She had to call corporate to answer my question, which I thought was strange...but I did get my answer. Then I refused to put the entire amount down at once, so they are letting me pay in two installments. She was not going to let me walk

Anyway sorry for rambling...I am excited to be on this journey with you and hope that I achieve the results you are.

Nice to be with all of you~~~~~~Meg
  • Hi Meg

I had to pay in installments, too, but thankfully it's all paid now. Now all I need is to get that money back when I finish losing! (pleasepleaseplease!!) Welcome! Sounds like you've got a good center!

I've been OP for the last 6 days, and I feel pretty good. Job/school are stressing me out horribly this week, but strangely I haven't felt the need to overeat. I think I'm too busy I have 9 days until this comedy show that a lot of our friends are going to at this greasy chinese restaurant. I don't really know what I'll do that day. Right now, I'm just acknowledging that it will be a cheat meal, so I am trying to stay OP until then. The Weekends Off program allows chinese food, I hear, but I'm not sure how much We'll see.

Good luck to everyone
  • Good Morning all,

Well last night was the best night I've had in 4wks. I didn't exactly make it all day at work without dipping in the cookie jar but it wasn't that bad. I did have some plaintains w/ my salad and chicken breast for dinner but at least it better than the burgers and fries that i've been living off of.

So today I fought the urge to have a donut for breakfast and I won! Boy the road back is so hard, but the road off is so good!

Cheer- the weight you gained is probably just water from all your good eaten on the weekend. A couple days of cardio and i'm sure you'll loose it.

Hi Meg, like you I am a fellow ex-WWer, but plan to go back on it when i'm done w/ LAWL, I need to continue to be accountable to someone for the rest of my life. Slip ups are so easy to do. I also came to LAWL needing to loose 60# and i've lost 30# of it so far, well just gained back 7# but that's another story in itself. lol Welcome! I'm glad your enjoying the program, it's hard but effective.

xYTx- good luck with your cheat meal. You can do it. And having the extra advantage of the "weekends off" program, should make eating the chinese food a little easier. Are you eating it the day before your weigh in?

Kathy
    184/164.2/130
  • Hey's guys there's a exercise challenge before thanksgiving a little further down on this board. I joined it and it really helped me get off my butt last night and workout cause I knew i'd have to post what I did.

Come join us if you think it will help you get off your but too! lol I think the creator's name is Semo.

Kathy
  • Wow. it's great to see so much activity on our thread. Welcome to all the newbies! I feel much better today than I have for the last couple. I went to an awesome yoga class last night, and it changed my whole attitude. I usually just do yoga twice a week on my lunch hour, but this new class is addictive. Plus, with my family hurtling toward Nashville at this very moment, I figured I needed all the relaxation I could get. The next few days are going to be quite a challenge. I head out tomorrow driving my mom, grandma and sister up to a wedding. I think it'll be hard to stay on track, but I'm determined to do it. Luckily, my mom is on a diabetic diet and so she's very supportive about eating right. I guess it's just the idea of a road trip ... something that I associate with fast food and potato chips ... that had me worried. Anyway, good luck with everyone for the weekend. I probably won't post again until Tuesday.
  • Hi girls, and hello Meg! I am new too, this is my 5th day on program, but I skipped the Jet Start. Did they not pressure you to buy the lites?? The lites are what make me angry, those things add $112 a month to the cost!! I still can't believe I paid that for 7 packets of hot chocolate and 7 yucky shake mixes...

Anyway, on to the positive!! I did ok yesterday. My babies are both sick, and my 10 month old, Belle, has to have a little surgery on her bottom tomorrow (she has a mole that needs taking off), so I am stressed and already worried about what I will eat tomorrow morning. We have to be at the hospital at 6, and she is having general anesthesia, so I will be a wreck I am sure.

Thanks for the little tips you success stories give. Kathy, the coffee after dinner is a great idea and helped me. I have to lose 63 lbs! But I was down on my scale today a few pounds. I was supposed to go to the center to weigh in, but with 2 vomiting babies, I can't go until Sat.

Did any of you see Oprah yesterday? It really got me thinking about my issues!
  • Hi Everyone:
    Cheer you got me a little nervous about the weekends off, but I think I will still try it.
    Meg at one point I did lose 60 pounds until I started fooling myself that I could eat anything, but its a great program I am glad I did it.
    Kathy where do the dounuts come from are they at work?
    Pennie I did the jet start and I did not lose much at all, some do really well with it but I only lost 1 pound, I lost the rest doing the program.
    They won't tell me about the weekends off until tomarrow I guess they are afraid I might do it earlier.
    Trying to stay on track it gets a little easier as each day passes.
    The councelor was great today she let me exchange some of the summer drinks I had for the Hot chocolate.
    Well we have another new manager I don't know how she is yet, I hope not to pushy.
    Have a great day
    Diane
    210/153.4/135or140
  • Hi all,

I'm eating lunch right now. So far so good! No cheating, no dipping into the cookies jar, nothing! Thank God for the biscotti's and hot coco. Thanks Diane!

Diane- we have complementary cookies here at work, 8hrs a day. When ever the tray gets low one of the kitchen ladies promptley changes it! so we've got cookies all day long! I'm staying away from them though. No donuts are from the truck down stairs, but i'm ignoring that too!

Diane- I'm so glad that your back on track. Everything is getting easier and easier to do. I'm also glad they let you change those funky shakes for hot coco. lol

Pennie- i'm so glad the coffee helped. It really takes away my snack attack in the evening.lol I'm so sorry your kids are sick. Hope they get better soon. Congrats on the 63# GONE!

Gringa- good luck on being able to keep OP when you take your road trip. I often associate road trip w/ yummy food to.

Kathy
  • Again, come join me in the November excercise challenge if you need the extra boost to get your exercise in!

It's in the general diets, close to this theard. Hope to see you there!

Kathy
  • I read the exercise challenge threat...er, thread, and thought about joining. The problem is i'm traveling a lot...and i do mean a lot, this month. i'm gone approximately half of the next month. so, my goal is just to get some sort of work out in five days a week. even if it's only doing some stretches and ab work in my hotel room.
  • Come join us Gringa, we'd love to have ya. . something is something, whether is be a stretch or a bend...my goal is only 30mins of something a day. Now matter what it is as well. So if you want to we'd love to have you!

Kathy