October 2010

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Kim-thanks for the info and the link about the plan you are having so much success with. You are right...if something works, go for it!!! What's your next mini goal...????

Jillian - when does DH return for good? So proud of how well you've done!!

Beautiful day in Georgia...tennis at 1P today, then just a night of R&R. Had a great garage/yard sale this weekend and made $300!! woo hoo.
  • thanks Joni! it's been a tough journey, but i'm powering through it and have made it a 100% lifestyle now for me and the fam. DH isn't due home until this coming spring-ish (so roughly about 7 more months.) but i never say he's home for "good" because being in the military, there's really no such thing.

have fun with tennis--i love playing it with the kids on the Wii when i have time.
  • Afternoon Chickies.

Congrats on the WL Kim.

Had a great weekend after a terrible Friday. It was just one thing after another. But thats over and this is going to be a GOOD Week!

Just trying to maintain for now. Not being real restrictive, but trying to stay in the neighborhood as I feel better. I can say that I have developed a sharp dislike for steemed broccoli. Can't stand it or the thought of it. Anybody got any I JUST CAN'T DO THAT anymore with food choices, since being on a diet?
  • wow..where is everyone? knee deep in halloween candy wrappers? kidding!
  • Jillian, no wrappers here. Down another pound today and was down a pound last week too. So slow trip down the scale. It has been quiet in here.
  • Hi all - I'm around too, but busy with other things. I joined a challenge on the WW site to track my food for one month. I'm usually good with tracking for a few days and then I fall behind. BUT, tracking/journaling/keeping a food log is key for me. To see what I'm eating on paper is eye opening! I need to up my natural foods, fruits, veggies!! I stared at some candy corn in the store tonight, but quickly ran away! I love that stuff and could eat a whole bag!
  • joni--what i do sometimes when i don't have time to get on fitday right away, is i have a piece of paper handy to write down what i just ate and then i put it on fitday later, as long as i'm writing it down somewhere it helps!
  • I bought a Dietminder food journal at Barnes & Noble - for me it is just easier to write it down rather than enter it. The journal also has a section with common foods and their nutritional values - and leaves blanks for adding your own - sometimes on fitday I get fits from trying to find a food! The journal was about $5.

Still doing well - TOM for me, but it seems better than normal. Haven't wanted to tell DH to "STOP TALKING!" which is normally what happens at PMS time. Which is a considerable victory, since he has been pounding the candy corn for about a week - and it hasn't annoyed me one bit. Except for maybe the fact that he still weighs 175.
  • Joni, I do the WW only online, but the key to that for me is writting down everything I'm eating. The last few days have not been the best... bonus points slipping away with no activity points to make up for it. My DH does not seem to understand that the chicken teriyaki place or a trip to sweet tomatoes is going to mean going over the points allowance for the day. I guess if there are any vegetables involved he figures it is a good diet food.

Kim, My DH got told by the apparently incompentant people doing a health acessment that he needs to lose weight (they were measuring everyone one inch shorter than they actually are, so of course more people got labelled as having a bad BMI when you subtract height from them). He said he will cut out the peanut butter... which I think he has been eating 1/2-1 cup of that stuff a day since I started doing weight watchers, since he sneaks it after dinner and into his breakfast cereal regularly. I just looked it up and a cup is 1517 calories... no wonder he gained a few pounds in the last little bit.
  • Hello Ladies. I have been lurking for a few days, keeping up with everyone. I have not been eating on plan, but thankfully the scale hasn't reflected it. Other than now going down. Imagine that.

Barbara - How does your husband eat PB in his cereal? Thats a new one on me. I like it on ice cream and fruit but hadn't thought of cereal.

It is also getting close to TOM for me so trying to make better choices. Its also getting cooler here, which will mean packing on the pounds for winter. LOL

Have a good rest of the week all. Make / plan good choices for the weekend. I hope to post a loss by Monday from 148. Wish me POP.
  • Amy, He eats it mixed in with instant oatmeal. I'm sure it tastes pretty good. Either that or he has a piece of toast with peanut butter and nutella spread on it, which I have had a bite of that and it is delicious.
  • this is by far my favorite peanut butter, i don't know if you've seen it before, but it's great!
    http://www.naturallymore.com/

Quote: Amy, He eats it mixed in with instant oatmeal. I'm sure it tastes pretty good. Either that or he has a piece of toast with peanut butter and nutella spread on it, which I have had a bite of that and it is delicious.
  • Since I went back to college at night, DH has been living on PBJ's - despite the fact that I have more than enough other things in the house for him to eat (and they are for him - not me, things I can't eat!) Yet he always has PBJ. Last week he made me laugh because he was telling me about something he watched on Nova while I was at school and he said "I realized what my life would be like without you - sitting in from of the TV, watching Nova, eating PBJ". I told him that was a really sweet thing to say and he corrected me and said "No, I meant that it would be AWESOME!" - Geek boy cracks me up, every time.

Barb - OK, I was wondering how he got it into cereal too. All I could picture was him spreading PB on all of his bite sized shredded wheat. Funny thing - I'm not a huge PB fan, but since I started this diet, I have been insanely attracted to it. I think my body is just craving fat.
  • Barb - I never thought of putting it in oatmeal. That sounds really good. Now I hope I can never try putting it in oatmeal. LOL

I have to go find that pumpkin pudding recipe. Its been a long time since I made it and it is getting time.

The weather here is beautiful. I am thinking about taking off 1/2 day of work just to have some me time. But that will entail going to the grocery store and then cleaning house so not really much me in there.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Peanut butter--- Yum! I love the lighter version ( 50% less fat)

One of my all time fav s- Pancake mix( whole wheat preferred), warm peanut butter, banana ...beat ...pour ...flip over....delish!!!