October 2010

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • JM - I've been just the opposite - I usually have a protein shake for b-fast (use part of it as coffee creamer) and sometimes I get the urge to CHEW something! LOL - DH even notices - "Oh, you're chewing this morning..."

I have found it quite interesting that I can be tired of something every day, but used to eat the same exact non-healthy stuff everyday and not get tired of it.... ah, the brain, can't live with it, can't live without it.

Barb - yup, I'll take the 16 in one month any day! It is a tiny bit discouraging to see the weeks decline from #1 and #2, but overall I am thrilled! Ready to start exercising regularly again, since I wasn't supposed to for the first few weeks.
  • Quote: good morning all. just wanted to stop by and say hi and report that i'm down on the scale again! FINALLY.
    CONGRATS!!!

I think it will be really cool when your current weight is less than your pounds lost! (I mean it's all really cool, but hey, I'm a numbers gal)
  • Quote: CONGRATS!!!

I think it will be really cool when your current weight is less than your pounds lost! (I mean it's all really cool, but hey, I'm a numbers gal)
    YES!! that would be really awesome! maybe that'll have to be a new goal for me soon!
  • Hey all

Barbara-i am glad that you are feeling the difference!I read this book "French women never get fat" in which the author mentioned that often it is best to do a "zipper-measurement" i.e...trying on your clothes to see if they fit, than obsessing about the scale.
    And yes...I have started exploring, and it feels wonderful to discover hidden-jewels and have those "yippee" moments ...I truly feel like a those explorers who discovered continents

Amy- I can imagine how you must be feeling.but you can't teach them life skills...they have to learn as they go.I have known people who married at 21 and got divorced soon after...and also people who married as teenagers and now celebrating their 50th anniversary...hard to assume anything!!

Jillian - Great job!!!!

JM- I get tired of eggs/egg whites too. Besides protein shake, low-fat ricotta is also a good source of veg protein (1/2 cup= 1P). You can also try soft tofu scrambled instead of eggs.

Angie & Joan how was your thanksgiving?

THANKSGIVING is OVER(thank you god!)...and I have tacked some of the left overs already. I used the turkey and leftover green bean casserole and gravy to make mini-pot pies.i made some turkey stock...I'll use that and the mash+ some left over veggies to make a turkey soup this evening.
    lucky...i made a root veggie mash instead of potato mash so i don't have to worry about the carbs.
    The mash actually came out wonderful...and i would like to share it with everyone. Use 1 potato+1 celery root+1 rutabaga+1 parsnip for the mash, add few cloves of roasted garlic...some butter/olive oil, buttermilk, black pepper and fresh chives...yum!

I have also got some corn-bread/turkey sausage stuffing left...any ideas?
  • Hello all. For the most part things are going well here.

For some reason I seem to be binging. In the late evenings I can't get enough to eat. I think it has something to do with TOM. But I'm two weeks in / two weeks out. Is that normal to be hungary now? I'm starting to think something I am eating is "triggering" this as it only happens in the evening after I have eaten an apple or yogurt. So I may have to investigate that theory. Any ideas?

Congrats on the WLs to everyone. The good news is with the binging I haven't gained anything (yet).
  • Hello Ladies!

I am hoping I can join you in this thread. I have posted before but that was earlier this year but went off plan so I stopped posting. I did LAWL 5 years ago and lost 56lbs but have since gained it back plus an additional 20. Since July I have lost 18lbs and am now back on the LAWL plan. I decided to go back to LAWL becuase it was the only thing that worked for me. I think its great to have people who support you in your weight loss journey.

Christina
  • My monthly check in!
    Hi old friends! WOW - everyone is doing amazingly well! Kim, Mama Nicole, Jillian, etc........so proud of you guys. Kim - I know it's a no carb thing, but was is IP? I'm doing WW and averaging 1.5 lbs a week...slow slow slow! But that's okay. As long as it keeps going down or even stays the same once in a while, I'm okay with that! Life is just busy....I'm trying to make healthy choices every day and be good to my body..but I have my days..who doesn't. All the Canada Thanksgiving food talk has me hungry...think I'll go down a glass of water and curl up for a good night's sleep!
  • Welcome Christina to the forum and good Luck on your journey.

Good To see you again Joni. I have only recently returned to the forum as well. It is good to see all the old friends in here isn't it?

Well My scale is moving down again and I don't understand why but I'm not going to argue it. I won't talk about the yogurt binge I had going again last night. I pledge to do better today. (Partly because I am out of yogurt).

I am also going to drop my ticker and see if that will motivate me to focus more.
  • Amy - Yes, I find that not having any food in the house stops the bingeing! LOL. This is the first time I've really looked at your ticker - you are doing great! At 5'7" - I bet you look pretty svelte!

JONI! Just when I thought you were among the missing. Good to hear from you - IP is Ideal Protein. I mentioned it a couple of months ago when I was researching it - it is based on Dr. Tran Tien's insulin resistance diet - but with food packets (You can follow his diet with real food too, but I needed simple and easy!) 3 or 4 packets a day (usually shakes for me, but they have other stuff), 4 cups of low GI veggies, unlimited lettuce, and 5-6 oz meat/chicken/fish per day. The idea is to give your pancreas a rest, and then re-awaken it after most of the weight you want to lose is gone. Restrictive? Yes, but it works for me. At some point I may do the whole food version, but not now.
    http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article142 Dude's got great hair too.
  • Welcome Christina! And congratulations on getting back on the wagon.
  • Joni, Good to see your post! I've been doing WW too and losing about at the same rate I think (I was scale avoidant for months so hard to say for sure). Slow and steady wins the race. Given how little I like to either starve or exercise really, this is probably the best I'm likely to do long term. I do like the flexiblity of WW. I can eat 1200 calories on the weekdays and 1800 calories on the weekend, and I still end up losing. Sure I'd likely see better results without those 1800 calorie days, but it wouldn't be more than a weekend or two before I was lured off, and when I go rouge on the dieting, more than 1800 calories are consumed.

Amy, congrats on the WL, I suspect even with the binging that you are likely just being more aware of what you are eating. Maybe your body is just craving the vitamen D. I've been seeing better results on the scale and feeling better since I started taking the supplements that my doctor prescribed after determining that I was pretty deficient. I've since read several studies that say losing weight is much less likely if you are deficient and that the dairy making people lose weight more readily may be due to the vitamen D. Also I suppose the calcium too can be calming... I guess that might be why we feel so good after we've been on vacation and sitting outside in the sun more often.
  • Hi all

I joined a gym finally...and yesterday evening I worked out ...after almost a month. I have been neglecting that part with relocation, graduation ...etc.It is a ladies only center...with lots of group fitness classes. I loved it. I am planning to start with the Zumba class next week...just need to get back my fitness level this week.

I am stuck at 124.5- 125 ....like forever. I really need to kick my own butt and lose the last 5 lbs. So...DAY1 take-off today...actually I am not that hungry as I expected to be since my last TO was 5 months ago.

Glad everyone doing so good!
  • hello all. just a quick hi from me..in between all the chaos!
  • MJ - glad you are settling in and getting back in your routine!

Drum Roll Please.... I actually hit my goal! 18 lbs gone (it seemed too traditional to choose 20 - gotta be a rebel!) Let me tell you all when the last time I actually hit a goal I had set.... um, NEVER! Thrilled, happy, woo hoo and all that Cr@p!

Edit == just to be clear, that was a mini goal - lots more of them to go....
  • AWESOME JOB KIM!!! i've been setting and achieving the mini goals i set for myself too. it's the way to do it, i think. for my brain anyways! so proud of you! awesome to see your ticker like that!!!