Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 08:20 AM   #16  

Erin -

It sometimes takes me a couple of weeks of getting op, failing, getting op again, failing again, etc... to motivate me. This last time, I've gained a pound or two back, and I'm in the same boat. Kathy and I have made a pact this time to go this week OP. Join us! I check back in every day right before bed, when I can't eat anything else. It also helpe me to keep a chart of the week where I mark if I've been OP, my weight, and whether I exercised or not.

One more day OP! Two down, 5 to go... I think if we make it through the week, we'll be able to get back on track
Old 10-23-2002, 08:51 AM   #17  

Unhappy frustrated

I know I shouldn't get frustrated by seeing the scale move up....but it makes me crazy!

I monitor myself by my home scale as well as the one at LAWL, and between Mon and Tuesday, I was down a full pound (after a full day on program and a mean aerobics class), then yesterday I was OP again and did an hour kickboxing class, and this morning I was UP a pound on the scale!!!!

I know it is not much, but it is just so frustrating. What did I do differently yesterday to make the scale go up??? I was OP, drank my water, exercised at the SAME time as Monday.

I can see if I was cheating and had myself to blame, but I'm NOT!!!

Anyone else get frustrated like this???

Cheer
169.5/158.2/140
Old 10-24-2002, 08:13 AM   #18  

Cheer-

I get frustrated all the time!!

What kind of scale do you have? If it is a $15 Target scale like mine, it probably isnt very accurate! Either way, dont let daily weigh ins get you down. Your weight fluctuates during the day and during the week. I am addicted to my daily weighs, but I think they are more discouraging than helpful!

I fell off the wagon for over a couple weeks and gained a pound. I was having tons of cravings and eating too many snacks and meals out. But, I am back on again and doing well. Actually, I had a great yesterday and I am going to do just as well today. I think I can mend the damage done by Saturday. We will see!

I would love to break the 200 pound mark before I have to buy a wedding dress. I am planning on dress shopping in May. That is a very realistic goal if I just stick to the plan!!! 30 lbs in 6 months....5 lb a month. Very attainable! I think that is what I am shooting for!

Last edited by Jibbelle; 10-24-2002 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:10 AM   #19  

Marcie-

You made me laugh....I'm not sure if my scale is the $15 Target one..but its certainly not top of the line! I make myself crazy with all the weighing in....I want to take my wedding band off, since it might weigh .0001 ounce!!!

I think 5 lbs per month is definitely do-able. Wedding planning is such fun time...enjoy it!!!
And what wonderful motivation for your weight loss, to see yourself as a thinner bride!!!

~cheer
Old 10-24-2002, 11:45 AM   #20  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

hi guys.

Cheer, i totally know what you mean about being frustrated with the daily fluctuations. I myself am a scaleaholic and probably weigh at a minimun of 5 times a day. one thing i have noticed with my workouts is that sometimes it seems to make me go up a half pound or more. i think it's because i lose so much fluid when i sweat that when i drink water my body tends to hold onto the extra fluid for longer than normal. then, there will be a couple of three days when i'm traveling and don't make it to the gym, but i'll register a significant loss when i go to my weigh in. it does get discouraging, but i truly think we're better off in the long run for exercising while we try to reach our goal weight.

Er, i know it's hard to get back on track after falling off program, but you can totally do it. you're doing so well...i bet you can have those extra pounds off in a couple of days. it can be hard to stay on program...sometimes it seems like it's even harder for me to stay on program if i've been losing well. i think i get cocky and decide that i can have a little extra this or that because obviously i'm just going to lose it right of way. of course, that backfires! for instance, i was so happy i hit my 20 pound mark that i went a little overboard yesterday with some triscuits and hummus...today i'm up .25 pounds. now, i'm not saying that i shouldn't have had say two triscuits and a tbsp of hummus (certainly better than eating a bag of chips and cheese dip) but i got carried away. that's one thing about LAWL that i really like. this program has made me realize that too many calories, no matter where they come from, are going to make me gain weight.

just realized i'd been rambling! sorry.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:15 PM   #21  

Good Afternoon!

How has everyone been? I have been so yucky! Monday night I had an asthma attack and have been home for Wed&Thu, today is my first day back to work and everything makes me weak and nausea! Exercise is out of the questions, which is driving me bonkers! I just got a new video tape in the mail and i've been previewing it everyday just drueling over it. lol I haven't weighed-in in 2wks! I'm afraid to!

xYTx- I know we had a promise to do good for the rest of the week, but I haven't been keeping up my end of the bargain for the past 2 days. Only thing that i'm having extra are 18small pretzels today (I believe they are 1pt according to WW standards, and being an ex-WW member I chose those to help my nausea go away) so i'm picking up where I left off from Mon. Sorry!

Hannah- WELCOME!

er130- sorry your offpoint, come on girl join xYTx and whoever else is doing it w/ us, to be good dieters for the rest of the week! Come on!

Diane- How's it going?

Kathy
184/?/130
Old 10-24-2002, 09:00 PM   #22  

Hi All:
I am having trouble staying on track also, I just don't feel like it.
I am not going up but I am not losing either. i have not gotten anywhere since March very frustrating.
Kathy I am still here, just going through stuff.
Marcie do you know what kind of wedding dress you want, maybe get a picture and use for motivation, just an idea.
diane
Old 10-24-2002, 09:15 PM   #23  

Diane-
I went a few weeks ago and tried on a few. There are so many styles to choose from I do not know how I will ever make a decision! I guess I will know when I find it. : )
Old 10-24-2002, 11:11 PM   #24  

Hi guys. I've been lurking here for quite awhile and I'm impressed by the support and good vibes I get from reading each post. I'm a 35 year old married mother of three. I started L.A. Weight Loss 2 weeks ago and I've lost 6 pounds. I am pleased with the program so far and I really like the "accountability factor" of having to go in three times a week. I've cheated twice already though. Last Friday my hubby and I went out for dinner and I ended up having buffalo wings and bruchetta. So on Monday l was up 2 pounds. I lost it by Wecnesday. Then tonight my sister-in-law came down, we ordered pizza and, of course, I can't just eat one piece. I think I ate five!!! When I go off plan in my mind I tell myself, "Well, I've already cheated I may as well go hog wild". Does anybody else do this too? Has anybody had a lot of success on this plan while still having a "cheat day" every couple of weeks? Is it possible to be still do well while doing this? I'm just so mad at myself for doing this. Anyway, looking forward to hearing from all of you. Thanks, Suecat
Old 10-25-2002, 12:30 PM   #25  

Good morning!

I have been doing the good week followed by a no loss week or worse yet, a small gain week. So this makes for little progress. It all has to do with the eating out and eating a little too much. I am having so much trouble keeping on the course with consistency.

I wonder if doing a 2-day takeoff would help me get going? I haven't ever done one. What have your experiences been?

-Hannah
Old 10-25-2002, 01:39 PM   #26  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

Hi suecat, welcome! Regarding your post, i've noticed that i can usually do little cheats every once and a while with no effect, but that if i eat way too much or have too many cheats at one time, i gain. My usual allowed cheat is on Saturday afternoon or night. I weigh in on Saturday morning and then not again until Tuesday. That way, even if i have something I'm not supposed to, it's usually gone by Tuesday. I wouldn't worry too much about the pizza spree, I've found that after about the first month or so, that even if i did cheat, i couldn't eat near as much as before i started LAWL. I mean, I eat full meals on LAWL, but i never eat until I'm stuffed like the old days. Hope this helps.

Yinyang, the 2 day take off worked for me, but i was pretty miserable while i did it. I took a four day trip to Chicago and ate pretty much everything I wanted. When I got back, i did the two day takeoff, and i was actually down a pound at my next weigh in. For me, it worked like damage control. I have to say i wasn't too happy about what i was eating when i was on the takeoff though, it's pretty scanty portions.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and stays on program. I'm heading to a couple of halloween parties, so it'll be hard to stay on track. wish me luck.0
Old 10-25-2002, 01:50 PM   #27  

Hi all!

I slithered into my center this morning after being on hiatus for 2wks. I gained 3# back, not that bad considering the crap that i've been eating.

I CAN NOT EAT ONE MORE LA LITE OR I'M GOING TO PUKE! I'm so sick of the lites! I think I have like 15boxes left. I HATE them! I've tried just about every flavor and I hate them all. I miss my beloved Luna bars! I only eat the lites because I paid for them. Does anyone else have this problem of paying for the lites and getting sick to their stomachs everytime they eat one?

Diane, nice to hear from ya! Chin up pal! I'm right there w/ ya, I haven't been OP in weeks!

Gringa- Enjoy the parties!

WELCOME Suecat!

Hannah- when I get way out of hand, I find that doing the 2day express usually gets me back on track. I find that all my cravings that i've had in that particular week vanish. Try it out and let us know how you do.

Kathy
184/160/130
Old 10-25-2002, 03:59 PM   #28  

Have you just tried the bars? Or did you try the soups and drinks?
Old 10-25-2002, 04:45 PM   #29  

I tried the bars and soups. That's true, I forgot all about the soups! The soups, the soups! I love them! Thanks!

kat
Old 10-25-2002, 04:56 PM   #30  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

the hot cocoa is good too...especially when it's cold outside
Closed Thread