Old 10-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, 14 pounds in 3 weeks is excellent! Even with your happy carb day thrown in.

Jillian, LAWL has its plusses and minuses. I found it helpful, and alarming all a the same time. Same with the bars... alarming on some levels, but really great tool to get me to eat smaller meals more often also. They may have got your started on your journey, but ultimately it is your journey.

Quiet in here today.

I got my cholesterol numbers back and they are up again... darn it! They did say that my numbers looked like someone trying hard to do what can be done, but still not cutting it. So it is extra important that I get my weight down since it could help lower those numbers. I also had a low Vitamen D. Which I read up on and they said that it can make it harder to lose weight if your vitamen D is low, and it is really common to be deficient.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #107  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

It's particularly common to be Vit D deficient in the Pacific NW!

Re cholesterol-I've always been really lucky to have #'s in all the right ranges. Apparently it's more genes than diet . . .cuz I certainly don't deserve to have such good numbers!

I was derailed by some risotto last nite! Back on track tonite. Hard to cook for other people when doing hte low carb thing-I just meant to "taste" it-and well, you know how that goes!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

JM, My cholesterol was fine when I was younger. So it is genetics and age... I guess it is really common for women to have fine cholesterol until they start heading for menopause and then all bets are off.. and I'm in the all bets are off phase of life. My dad had a triple bipass this spring, so I have to take this seriously, and really I don't want to have to go through that if I can avoid it.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #109  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Jillian -- I think you should totally stop by the COD and let them see how you've done!

My cholesterol is always better than I deserve too...it drives my skinny friends crazy (which is kind of fun).

JM I just 'tasted' 3 spoonfuls (read: shovelfuls) of mac & cheese as I was cleaning up my son's dinner plate.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote