Old 09-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #31  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Ha, ha, ha....Angie...you crack me UP!

I am here. I am patiently waiting for my sclae hag to cooperate. I believe I only lost 4 lbs in august, and nada so far for Sept. I am going to move that wench tomorrow a.m. though...I just know I will.

Barbara......I HATE having to face that demon after a long vacation from it. It is good you faced up. It sucks, but it is good. don't let the numbers get you down....the fact that your clothes are looser is really the best way of measuring progress Keep it up!

Kim....good for you for finding something to get you motivated. Who cares what it is.....I mean, unless it is really unhealthy. Sometimes we need a boost, and if what you were doing wasn't workingout, then it is time for change How is school? are you taking classes this semester?

Ok, I have to get moving here......so much to do.....
Hi to all that I missed
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #32  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Nicole - Well, that's what I figured too. After hemming and hawing, looking at the program and reading, reading,reading about it, I figured WTH? So, Today is Day 1. At least it is something, and I am motivated to stay on it, and it is fairly easy to plan. It is pretty restrictive, but (obviously ) I need that right now.

Yes, I am taking classes this semester. The plan is to have the masters done by next July and then the post graduate degree done by December. I'm a little sick of it!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole, Thanks, it was good for me to "break the ice" again with the scale, as I do believe it had been close to a year since I'd done that. I just always have a hard time accepting that I've gained, even when I know that I have I tend to think it is not that bad.. I suppose that is why you get on the scale in the first place. I got on again today and was down about 3/4 of a pound, so that is reassuring. To think that I was concerned there for awhile that I didn't want to get on the scale since you have to drop a weight watchers point from your daily target for each 10 pounds you go down.... ha! I likely could have been eating more for a good long while there. Oh well, water under the bridge.

Kim, Are you feeling good so far? Do they starve you? I really, really hate starving.

Angie, Good that the weird weight fluctuations stopped. You'll have to figure out what the common demoninator is when you see it go up. I personally gain a pound for each diet soda that I drink. I don't know why, since I can have other things with as much sodium and not see the same blip up... My body just doesn't like it when I drink them, but sometimes I am weak... there is free soda in the lunch room here. Sometimes the Diet Dr Pepper calls to me... just because I decided not to drink it anymore perhaps.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #34  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Hi all, sorry I havent been checking in much. I have been terribly busy preparing for an audit on the 24th of this month. I know its only a couple of weeks away but I need to be very organized.

MJ-Yes I live in Calgary. I am in the Northwest area. Which side of the city will you be living in? When do you move here?

Barbara and Angie- I also need to get on my scale. I check frequently accept at that time of the month of course!!! I was on it two days ago and it showed me back at 170 which freaked me out. I am going to start take-off this Sunday or Monday. I have to!!!! Tonight my sister is visiting from Saskatoon and she wants to go check out this Brazialian restaurant. that means lots of meat(protein) tonight. Tomorrow will be a low fat, low calorie day, that I do know!!!

Well have a great weekend everyone.

We miss you Jillian! Hope you are making the most of your time with your man.

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

Hi everyone, I'm new.
Started LAWL on Wednesday. Did the 2 day take off to great success - down5.6 lbs.
Am going to work my butt off to do this program right.
I look forward to getting to know you all in the process if that's ok.
have a great weekend
Tracy
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #36  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Tracey!

Great job on your take off!! 5.6lbs gone forever, must feel great!

It's pretty quiet in here over the weekends, but things often pick up a bit on Monday.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:56 AM   #37  

Hi Angie,
I do feel great thanks!!
have a great weekend.
Tracy
Old 09-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #38  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I am gingerly stepping back into ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 09-11-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #39  

Way to go Nicole!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #40  
It's mine for the taking

Congratulations Nicole!! I can't wait for that day myself. I hope you do something fun to celebrate.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #41  
It's mine for the taking

Morning everyone!

I think I need some help in psycho-analyzing myself...for some reason, when people notice my weight loss and compliment me on it, I take that as permission to go off plan. Crazy right? I didn't lose weight by going off plan, but the minute I hear those things I seem to think I'm invincible and can eat anything I want. How do I change my thoughts to make hearing those things strengthen my resolve to stay ON plan? Please feel free to arm-chair diagnose.

I'm flying today to Montreal and then back tomorrow...dinner tonight should be fine, I'll order meat/veggies. For breakfast I'm going to pack some of my high fibre oatmeal, which I can eat in my room, just need boiling water. Lunch will be provided tomorrow, so likely sandwiches, but I'll cross my fingers that there will be salad and I'll stick to that.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #42  
Joan

Nicole- Thats awesome that you are coming back to onederland! You have worked hard and you deserve it!
Welcome to the boards Tracey. 5.6 pounds is amazing for take off. I have never lost more than 4 pounds on TO. I am actually starting TO again this morning. I am so ready for it!
Angie- I am just like you. The minute I feel like I have lost a few pounds or someone notices that I am looking better, I feel like its permission to get off plan just a bit. I think it just takes time to change our thinking.
I am going away for my Anniversary next month, actually the 17th of October and I have made a deal with myself to exercise and eat healthy so I can look fabulous on holidays!
Happy Monday to everyone!

Joan
Old 09-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #43  
Joan

Jeepers...where is everyone????
Feeling awesome today. Day two of take off and feeling great! Tonight I start up my boot camp again but I can only go once a week because of the times.
The other days I am going to get back on my treadmill. I will be 160 by the end of October..oh yes I will!!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #44  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

IP is going really well, I think I will have some good ticker action later this week. It's really OK - I am not hungry, despite the ridiculously low calorie content. There is a great variety of protein foods that I can choose from, plus 4 cups of veggies and whatever lettuce I want. Right now I am happy to not have to think about food constantly, which I have a tendency to do on other plans. I did have a few small slip ups this weekend, but nothing terrible.

Nicole - yay to being back in onederland! That's excellent!

Welcome Tracy! You did great on your TO!

Hoochie- Ah, exercise... a co worker has joined my gym so I told her I would be her "buddy" and introduce her to some of the classes - that way, I have to get my butt back there.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #45  
Joan

Weighed in this morning at 168.6. So I have 8.6 pounds to lose before Vegas!!! I can do it!!!

Joan