Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #16  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Great idea Barbara; I think Nicole would recommend something in a nightie perhaps?
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #17  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Jillian- You should definately go buy yourself something really nice. You have worked so hard to get yourself to this point! Youre awesome!

MJ- So good for you to get your Masters! Where are you moving to in Alberta? Calgary????

I am going out of the city this afternoon to see my Mom. I need a break from home so it will be good. I had a really bad day at the office yesterday and I kinda took my bad mood home with me. My husband was not impressed with me last night. I said sorry but he seems quite mad. I indulged in a few glasses of wine last night. Feeling bad today.......

gotta run, Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #18  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. just checking in as i've been running errands, etc for most of the morning.
i know i should buy myself something nice, but eh..i just don't feel like it. i hate shopping in general and don't feel like spending the money. i've recently bought some really cute short sleeved hoodies and bright colored tank tops to go under them from old navy, but otherwise, i really haven't gotten anything...i just can't justify spending money on new clothes when i rarely go anywhere except grocery stores, target/walmart, the school and back home. so...yeah. idk. maybe when the deployment is over i will. we'll see where i'm at for a size by then.
i don't plan on gaining while he's home either. he needs to lose a few pounds before his Oct weigh-in and PT test, so he'll be up early at the gym with the baby and i and he knows and appreciates that i don't go out of my way to cook/bake indulgent things just because he's home...he knows i like being healthy and in turn, it's good for him too and he's told me that on more than one occasion that he loves that i'm so health conscious. it helps keep him in check too. i am going to bake a cake or something while he's here for everyone (the kids, us and my former DH) to enjoy, but nothing spectacular.

so yeah. that's about it. hope everyone has a good weekend.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #19  
WonderWoman

ok, i updated my ticker too..i guess i'm doing it in 5lb increments. works for me!

and when DH is home, i'll have him take a full length pic, so i can do a side by side comparison pic with my 320lb prego pic, then one from july 08 at 178lbs and then one from now. and photoshop them together.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #20  
WonderWoman

i love webmd: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/1...wnl_wct_090310
Old 09-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #21  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

OH CRAP...I was going to do this this a.m., but went to the apple orchard last minute and forgot. I just wanted to let KIM and everyone else know that Jillian is A OK, but will probably not be checking in very often over the next coule of weeks cuz her soldier is home on leave Woohooooo!

K, have to put dinner on the table. And girls.....don't slack this weekend, I want to hear about some good WI"s on Mondaym, darnit!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #22  
It's mine for the taking

Joan -- Don't sweat it too much. You did it, you felt bad, you apologized...don't beat yourself up over it. Hubby will come around.

Jillian/Nicole -- Hurray! Enjoy your reunion with DH!!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #23  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Barbara - Thanks yes it is an amazing feeling...I am sure it takes you back to your M.Sc days!!!

Joan - yes it is! When you are student you always have your studies and research on your mind, no matter what you do!My husband says- I can have my wife back now! lol! And yes I am moving to Calgary!!! I am actually in Calgary right now. Navigation is a bit difficult because the city is so big...but I love the place! I havent got a chance to see Cross Iron mills yet...may be after I move permanently.I'll sleep over tonight and drive back to saskatoon tomorrow.Are you from Calgary too?

yay to all who doing so well! The tickers seem to be flying across! I am trying to maintain my current weight...I havent got to losing the last 4-5 lbs yet.May be once I relocate and life goes back to normal. It is pretty hard to maintain when you are travelling...I am practically living on lean cuisine and bagged salads.But hopefully...not for long!

Take care all
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #24  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, not much to post, I was just too sad to see that the last post was OVER 24 hours ago!!

Keeping on with the fight, just super busy at work.

Nicole - I did know that Pete was home, so I cut Jillian some slack, LOL.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dead calm in here this week!

I got brave and got on the scale, and then I got sort of depressed. I decided that the likely scenario is that I weighed quite a bit when I started weight watchers, not that it is not working, since I can tell that I'm much thinner than I was two months ago, with about an inch or two off my waist and hips and even my bras fitting differently. I had no idea I was that bad! oh well, that is why you get on the scale more often than annually I suppose. Since I can be the queen of denial when it comes to weight gain.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #26  
It's mine for the taking

My weight has been jumping all over the place lately. I dropped 4lbs overnight, gained it back over the next night, then dropped 3 last night again. I thought it was just my sclae, but I tried the one at work and it's giving me the same information.

I'm really doing well with staying on plan, but I think I may be eating too few calories on many days. Phase 1 of my plan doesn't allow for a lot of creativity, so I'm pretty bored with food. It's a bit of a chore to eat, and I never thought I'd say that. So I do find it hard to meet my calorie target with the limited foods I can eat.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #27  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Barbara and Angie - I kind of see the middle ground somewhere in between the two of you RE: scale usage!

Barbara - I actually laughed when you said "getting on a sclae more often than annually"!

And Angie - nightly WI's would drive me insane (and I am a self describe sclae-aholic!) Maybe you should cut back a little - maybe every 2 days?

And, here is the big news for me. I am starting Ideal Protein tomorrow. I know that it is drastic, and doesn't use real foods initially, but darnit, I need to do something to get this ball rolling. I am still going to hang around here, because you all are the bestest friends I've never met face to face that a girl could ever hope to have! So, I'll be checking in here while drinking my protein shakes in the AM. Wish me luck!

Angie - I just looked at your signature line and saw that your diet is fairly similar to what I will be doing - hopefully we can ketose-together!

Last edited by Kimphin; 09-09-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, Good luck with your new program! We'll be here in our distant but supportive way.

Angie, Can you weigh in first thing in the morning instead? I do think that weight varies more at night than first thing in the morning.

I hope Jillian is having a great time with her soldier!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #29  

Hi All:
I don't know if anyone is interested but I clicked on one the advertisments on this site for grab1bar and I ordered them, they are actually pretty good and the price wasn't bad either if you order more than one box you get a cheaper price and they also had a new web discount in addition to the multiple box discount and there is also free shipping I got my pacage within 3 days but I live in NY and I think the Company is also in NY.
They have the Carmel Deluxe which I loved when I used to go to the centers before they closed.
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #30  
It's mine for the taking

I don't mind the daily weigh ins, it's honestly not driving me crazy, I just found this week so weird, but I've leveled out now, stayed the same.

Barbara -- I probably didn't describe it that way, but I am weighing myself in the mornings. I 'hop' out of bed, pee then run to the sclae.

Kim -- Yes I am ketolicious right now, please join me. I'm very excited because when I lose 3 more pounds I get to move to the next phase of my plan, and the next phase has CARBS. I feel like I've been on LAWL fast forward for a month.

Where on earth are Nicole and Joni? If Joni goes missing who stalks her down??