Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #136  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

JM - Way to go! It doesn't really matter how much you did, you showed up and did something...awesome!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #137  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

JM - a little bit each time you go, and eventually it will all add up! Congrats on making it back to the gym.

Barbara - for $8 I would definitely buy the DVD's - I spend probably $30 on them.

Jillian - haven't heard from you yet this AM. Do I need to call?

Summer is winding down, and I am in total "cram as much summer in as I can" mode. The Travers stakes is this weekend at Saratoga Racetrack - it's the "summer derby" - and definitely the place to be on Saturday. Horse racing all day, bands playing at the outdoor bars/restaurants at night. Always a good time. I will need to double my resolve to get through!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #138  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey kim---i'm here!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #139  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

JM- Good for you going to the gym and trying a few things out. Slow and steady wins the race!
Angie- Trainers are the way to go. I have learned so much from going to boot camp. My trainer is so good at making sure that you are doing things the corerect way so that you dont end up with an injury. My muscles are still killing me from Tuesdays workout and I have to go again tonight but I do love it! I have my weekends to recover!
Okay, well have a great day!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #140  
Kim - IP 9/10

Joan - Your newest poochie is veerry cute! ( I am assuming that is who is in the avatar?)

Jillian - thanks for checking in!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #141  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Mama's sick . If the Mama ain't happy....ain't noooooooobody happy! J/k. kinda.

I have a very annoying thark issue. Yes, it is a made up word....it is what I use to describe that stuff that is in your throat when you need to clear your throat. It makes your voice sound all funny. I actually have what I know to be pharyngitis...but VATI (very annoying thark issue) sounds wayyyy better.

JM.....way to go, girl. I am soooo proud of you. I know how difficult it is to work out the first time...and to do it publicly is even more difficult, exponentially! Keep it up, girl. How often are you planning on going? I am all about teh 21 days till a habit thing.....that is the mentality that REALLY got me going again this time around. I figured I could white knuckle it for 21 days, and then try to uncover the reasons I have let myself become so unhealthy later. You can do this girl.......and we will all be your cheerleaders! Go Team JM!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we should consider getting t-shirts made

Ok, time to crochet........my newly revived addiction...........at least it is somewhat productive....ha!

And Wendelina..............get it together girl. Just focus on the water for a week. That's not so bad....a pretty easy change to make. After a week or two of that..........add 5 fruits or veggies daily. It is amazing how just those two changes make such a huge difference.

Hi everyone else.....and glad you have a daily check in Jillian.............and Kim is NO JOKE. She has mad detective skills. I am glad she will be watching over you

Really going now
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #142  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Nicole-Thanks for the encouragement! I feel really good today-thought I'd be sore at least from the weights-but no . . . My knee actually feels pretty decent today-not nearly as painful as the last couple of days. So-hopefully that keeps up. I'm hoping to go M-F, but already my plan today is shot. I'm taking a 3 day weekend at the beach with a couple girlfriends and their 3 4 yr olds-so 4 4 yr olds and 3 adults. I think we can take them if necessary.

Anyway-had lot to take care of today and ran a couple of errands at lunch which put me late. And tomorrow we'll be gone. So-Monday I guess. I should get plenty of "exercise " this weekend however.

I was pretty bummed when I checked the time and realized I wouldn't be able to do the gym and pick up Josie in time .. .which is good since usually I would've been relieved that I had gotten out of it. KWIM?

Oh-and thark? We, unfortunately, have a close and personal relationship. i blame the cats. And my housekeeping skills (dust). And the gorgeous Willamette Valley (pollen and grasses).

Have a great weekend everyone!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #143  
WonderWoman

so nicole, are you saying that kim is a good "stalker?" is detective a nicer way of saying it?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #144  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem311 View Post
so nicole, are you saying that kim is a good "stalker?" is detective a nicer way of saying it?
I have been known to provide ""services"" to friends and family..... But I am nowhere near as talented and dogged as our own Joni - who has gone so far as to call people's place of business to track them down when they go missing! (Oldies, remember when she did that to Pearl?) BE WARNED!!!!!

Nicole - I call it Gak. However, I do not like the resulting acronym for it - V.A.G.I. - sounds like a feminine product. So, I will replace Gak with Thark from now on. We need a Nicole dictionary. We now have sclae and thark.

Carrot cake in the outer office is singing it's siren song to me. Time for some headphones and Pandora!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #145  
WonderWoman

kim--i totally remember when joni tracked down pearl! well, i'll be good..and check in. i've got my former DH too, and i talk to him and the kids almost every single day, so we have an agreement pact set up too.
i'm not a huge fan of carrot cake..think of the frosting as shiny lard on top and you won't wanna eat any. that's what i did with glazed donuts and i haven't eaten one since 2002. it's a mind game, i guess. i think that's part of the reason (ok, i KNOW) i'm vegetarian.

anyways..not much going on with me today or this weekend. the kids will be out of town, so i'll be bored again. my sister is having a party for her upcoming 30th birthday, but i'm not going because it's kid-free and i don't drink anymore, so it'd be pointless to go, even if i had a babysitter--which i don't. *sigh* it's ok..my little girl is entertainment enough, so it should be fine.

i'm still working out 4 days a week and eating well and tracking it all on fitday, so that's going good. i really wanted to get to 165 before the end of the month, but i just lose so SLOW, so i know i probably won't make it. but that's ok, i'm not too concerned with the scale #, as with the way i feel..and i feel great, my clothes fit great (except my workout clothes are about to fall off of me!) so not too many complaints for me.

DH will be home soon for his 2wk leave too. so the kids and i have that too look forward to.

i hope everyone has a nice, productive weekend!

ps..kim, do i have to check in on the weekend?
Old 08-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #146  
Kim - IP 9/10

Well, as long as you have made other arrangements, you can have the weekends off.

Uh - lard on top of the cake. Great, not only do I now not want carrot cake anymore, but I will be right back after a quick trip to go throw up.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #147  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
Well, as long as you have made other arrangements, you can have the weekends off.

Uh - lard on top of the cake. Great, not only do I now not want carrot cake anymore, but I will be right back after a quick trip to go throw up.

thanks for the break on the weekend, i'll try to check in anyways..since i don't have much going on anyways..
and YAY for no cake! sorry for the puke part..but you know my role on here!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:20 AM   #148  
plan 2 with lites

S/C/G: 194/178.6/145

Good morning!
Hope everyones weekend is treating them well so far! DH just got back lastnight from Maryland for a week so yesterdays diet was kinda blown, we had pizza Trying to talk myself into getting ready and packing up the younger two kids and going to the gym, but not sure its gonna work I'm going on about 2 hours sleep today. The baby's going through a growth spurt, again, and he was up every hour and a half last night, and after 330am decided it was a great time to stay up and play! So... don't know if i'm gonna go today or not.
Anyone else having trouble with this site being ultra slooooooowwwwww? Drives me crazy, whenever i click on a thread or something it takes a while for it to go anywhere, and I don't think it's just me because it's only this site that does it.
heather314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #149  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone, happy Saturday!

Nicole, I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

Jillian, it must get really lonely sometimes with just you and the baby. Have you tried any mommy-baby groups in your area? They have free ones here, and they were a godsend to me during my 1 year maternity leave.

Kim -- I remember when Joni tracked down Pearl! Where is Pearl anyway? And, has anyone heard from Lettie? I always enjoyed her too.

I've been playing with the same 2 pounds for a week now, but got a pleasant surprise this morning when it dropped 4 pounds...wtf???
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #150  
WonderWoman

morning all.
kim---i'm alive and well!

angie--it's not lonely, trust me! i also have a 7yr old DD and an almost 5yr old DS. plus my 1yr old is quite the weirdo character, so she keeps me quite entertained. plus, i have alot on my plate with things to do. i'm blogging, i've even been doing guest blogs for an army blog site, i've been learning french, reading a few books here and there, plus doing care packages for my DH. along with keeping myself top priority (there's more than just weightloss and exercise that goes along with that for me.) so i don't have much time to be lonely.
yay for the 4lb drop!

heather--i hope you decided to load the kids up and workout! it's kinda a hassles at first, but once you keep doing it, it get easier and becomes second nature to take the kids with you. and it's SO WORTH IT!!