Hmmm, typo or freudian slip????

Glad it was a hit!
HOLY CRAP!!!! TYPO!!!!!! :ROFL:
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #107  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I had a super weekend. We did tonnes of visiting and ate at someone else's place Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Even so, I managed to stay very close to my plan. My biggest problem was today, the hostess had ordered in chinese food, so I just picked all the chicken and veggie stuff and avoided anything breaded and/or fried -- no rice either.

My first weigh in is on Tuesday so I'll be drinking plenty of water and moving my butt to get as high a number as possible.

Nicole -- I'm sure you'll be back full power on your losing streak now that the kids are back at school, you'll have more time to focus on yourself again. Yoga is a great idea, there are lots of poses to do seated or laying down. Also, could you bike ride with your kids? We have a bike in our shed that I should get out and use more often, I'm sure my son would love it.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #108  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Nicole - Pilates. I have never been in as good a shape as when I was doing the 20 minute pilates workout everyday. It truly changes the look of your body. You get to do it laying down too! The first week or so sucks because you cannot do the moves at all without help, but if you keep at it, you can see the improvement quicky.

Auditors this week - yuk. Plus, my superintendent's secretary is retiring and they are having a reception for her this morning - lots of cake and bad stuff. I can't avoid the reception, but I will be doing my friggen best to avoid the carbs.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning ladies,

Sooo I had a .6 loss in 1 week, i'm really not happy about it but it is what it is and I could have done alot better since it seems like the last 1/2 of the week everyday I had something I shouldnt have. .6 is really bad, I didnt expect to see such small #s so soon but I know I know my body is going thru alot right now and I shouldnt let this get me down. I'm hoping to see a nice # next week to get my spirits back up soo on to the next...

Nicole ~ LOL on the typo, glad you both had some fun! You have been doing great, 29lbs lost in 2.5 months is friggen awesome!!! No rush right? I know easier said than done. I hope you have a great week and hope we both have a nice big loss this week!

Angie ~ WTG on making good choices, its really hard to do that when you're in a group but you're worth it! GL on you WI tomorrow!!

Kim ~ Hope you were able to avoid the cakes this morning..

everyone else.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #110  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Angie....funny thing about bike riding with my kids........our subdivision does not look at all hilly.....until you are on two wheels powered by pedals. Eeeek. I embarassed myself sooo bad last time I jumped on a bike to go get my kids from a friend's house while another's parents waited in their mini van in my driveway.......I almost had to get off the bike and walk it up the last hill to my house....with the mini van and the two Dad's that are home with their kids in the afternoons all watching. I wanted to die. But, it is a good idea, and I think I will try it tonight. At least I might have a chance at outrunning a dog on a bike
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #111  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. just thought i'd pop in and say hi since i haven't in a few days. hope everyone had a good weekend. my was quite eventful to say the least.

how's everyone doing with exercise??
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole, My feet have been paining me for months too, and I'm sick of it. I tried several things, including cortisone shots in the foot, which I thought were pretty painful. My right foot seems fine now, but the left one continues to hurt on and off. I think it is getting better and invariably end up doing something that causes a setback. Most recently it was dancing at my daughter's graduation party. Losing weight is helping more than anything. Just less stress on the feet when there is less of me. Slow going when you can't walk off the pounds though.

Kim, I used to do a pilates class at the gym, but they are really not convenient for my schedule right now. What 20 minute pilates thing were you using?

Debbie, You know you could be just be seeing a bit of water retention from eating salty restaurant food. Even if it was just a pound of water retention, I'm sure 1.6 pounds would have made you much happier than 0.6.

I do think we women have been sold some bill of goods that makes us feel like failures when we don't lose at least 2 pounds a week. The "average" woman is said to burn off 2000 calories a day. So that means a fair number of women are in reality burning fewer than 2000 calories a day on average. Especially as we age, we require fewer and fewer calories, so the margin for error shrinks and shrinks (while we grow). I imagine a fair number of older women are burning closer to 1500 calories a day. A person burning 1500 calories a day is not going to lose 2 pounds a week even if they cut down to 1000 calories a day. They are going to be very lucky to lose a pound a week and that at a very small consumption. I suppose this is why exercise becomes so important. Add an extra 300 calories a day to that equation and it suddenly seems like it would be possible to lose weight. Although probably only something like 4 pounds a month, which most of us would get impatient and upset about. We really have to look at all those ads that say results not typical and realize that perhaps we are just being typical.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 08-23-2010 at 04:10 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #113  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Kim -- I loved pilates too, your're so right, it's hard at first, but it really doesn't take that long to be able to do more. It made me feel really strong when I was doing that regularly.

Debbie -- Sorry you were disappointed with your loss, but keep in mind that the baby makes it kind of hard for you to keep on top of your intake vs. output. At least you lost and you lost despite being busy and having a sick baby, so good for you!

Nicole -- Too funny! The last time I went on a bike ride I made it to the end of my street and turned around, lol. I'll need to work up my endurance on that one as well.

Jillian -- What happened to make your weekend eventful? Something good I hope

Barbara - You're so right...I want to lose 100 pounds, so I'm in for the long haul, it's not always going to just melt away. Thank you for the reality check!

So, I'm amazed I can even type...although my arms are just kind of laying onthe computer...not poised over. My trainer kicked my butt tonight. I'm weak and tired. I find it a bit of a challenge to work out with virtually 0 carbs in my system. Think I'll mention it to my doc tomorrow.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #114  
Kim - IP 9/10

I have the Mari Winsor pilates DVD's. The beginning one is great, and after about 3 weeks when you get sick and tired of hearing the same track over and over, there is a second 'advanced' DVD. They used to be on informercials all the time about 5 years ago - you can probably find them pretty cheap now. I have also downloaded a pilates workout on my Ipod from Alyssa Ungaro - it was OK, but I like Mari better.

I haven't been working out much at all lately, which is bad. All of this pilates talk has me thinking that I am going to get up a little earlier and do it before work. We still have to go get an elliptical - after DH herniated disks last winter he is done running, wants an ellip now.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #115  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Anybody still using Jillians 30 day shred? I still think that is the wickedest workout. I dont know if I could do that along with my boot camp though, I think I would keel over.
Has anyone tried kickboxing?
It's funny but I have problems getting my diet and exercise to work together. I am doing really great at getting my exericse in right now but I cant seem to get on a consistant eating plan, too many little cheats here and there. Before when I wasnt exercising I seemed to be really good at watching everything I ate. I am thinking of joining weight watchers because its inexpensive and then I would have to go weigh in every week. Oh what to do?????
Okay well I am glad everybody is doign so great.
Nicole- I noticed that you have lost lots of weight the past few months, way to go!!!!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #116  
Kim - IP 9/10

Joan - I do the same thing, good exercise/bad eating or good eating/not exercising regularly. Sometimes I feel like I can't concentrate on both things at once, which is a total cop-out. Seriously, I juggle about 10 projects at a time at work - if I tried harder I could do anything in my regular life. I have noticed that when I workout, I do need more protein to stay satisfied, so I used to put the Special K protein drink packs in my water. It helped.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #117  

Ladies, so glad to see that its busy around here.

So hubby went to Sams club yesterday & target

At target he bought lots of fruits and veggies, at sams he bought lots of bell peppers, pineapple, huge bag of salad and what was that other thing again...hmm let me think...OH yea a big tray of assorted CAKE!! OMG what is that man trying to do to me? I tried to explain to him that if its not in the house then there is no temptation to eat it and its just not fair for him to bring that in there so i'm tempted!!

Nicole ~ LOL about getting up the hill, sorry that must have been terrible with everyone watching. Were you able to go for a bike ride yesterday?

Barbara & Angie ~ Thank you, I would have been happier with 1.6 but I know that my body is going thru alot with breastfeeding and Kaylin has been nursing like crazy.

Joan ~ I did shred for about a week and loved it but had to stop because of supply issues. I'm slowly getting my supply back to normal now, i'll have to wait till i'm done with breastfeeding to do it again but it was alot of fun and I felt soo good! I def think you should take 1 extreme workout at a time though.

Jillian & Kim
Old 08-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #118  

Angie def talk to your doc about the workout and the foods you are eating, I cant see how you are doing it on no carbs at all. I hope they can figure out a right combo for you where you are still happy and motivated while losing.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #119  
WonderWoman

good afternoon everyone.

i miss doing my pilates. i have the mari windsor dvd too (i got the mat/dvd set for xmas a few years back) and i also have a crunch fitness pilates dvd too. i used to do pilates on fridays as my "light" workout..but now that the 1yr old is mobile, i don't have a way to keep her off of me and the mat to do it.

angie--my excitement on saturday night was anything but good. baby X took a spill in the bathtub (silly girl likes to stand up in there and lost her footing) hit her chin on the edge of the tub and split it open. blood everywhere, gushing and wouldn't stop. and being solo, there was no way i could drive her to the ER myself and keep pressure on it to stop the bleeding. so 911 was call, we took an ambulance ride and she was "glued" back together. then once i got to the ER and things were calming down, i realized i didn't drive there, so i had no clue how i was going to get home...luckily, my sister wasn't too far away at a wedding and she came and picked us up and took us home.
so..her first serious wound..and i had to deal with it all by myself. which was scary and sucked alot, but i did it and it's over.
it just now makes me worry a bit about what would i do if something happened to me..it's not like the baby can call 911 and what if, God forbid, something more serious were to happen to me, there's no one that really "checks up" on me, except DD and DS's dad, but on the weekends, not as much...so it just has me worried, not so much for me, but for the baby.

ANYWAYS... enough of that!

i hope that everyone keeps the positive attitude and vibes going. the key to my success has been that i finally GOT IT..this is a lifetime/lifestyle change. not a diet. i don't even have that word in my vocabulary anymore and haven't since my mindset changed a few years ago. just keep at it, be conscious of your body and how you're treating it. listen to it and do what's best for you. investing in yourself is the best thing you can do! especially when you're a SAHM, it's hard to take care of a family, if you're not taking proper care of yourself. how you treat yourself, ends up affecting not only you, but you family as well. (just something to think about)
i'm stepping off my soap box now.

enjoy the rest of the day.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #120  
WonderWoman

oh and i forgot to tell you, Joan, i still have my 30 Day Shred dvd, but haven't used it in awhile. like i said about the pilates, it'd be hard for me to do it with baby X under my feet, even if i did get up before her, she's a light sleeper, so it just wouldn't work. it is an AWESOME workout, and that initially what got me exercising on a regular basis back in June 2009..and i haven't stopped since! now my passion is running! i do get a great ab and arm workout in after my time on the treadmill too. it's really handy to have the gym in my building, right down the hall from my apartment.