Old 07-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

blah I have to be quick.

Ok so I was right in that i'm not getting enough calories. I put in what I was planning to have for the rest of the day which I havent had most of it yet and my info:

Calories ~ 1,252 (not good for a bf mama who exercises)
Fat ~ 31.4
Carbs ~ 143
Protein ~ 103

I think i'm fine with everything else besides the cals. Any idea on how to bring that up without brining up the rest alot?

ahh gotta run, will check out the site later on. Thx.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #92  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hmm do you ladies discuss food recommendations here? I need to get a different sliced bread, I want to get away from the white but I dont think the rest of the family would enjoy all wheat. What sliced bread do you have if any? We consume a little over 2 loafs (big) of sliced bread a week, eek! The kids mostly
Debbie - I get the 45 calorie a slice Sara Lee DeLightful Whole Wheat with Honey and my DH really seems to like it (the honey helps, I'm sure; the slices are a bit skimpy, but that's okay...). 2 slices are 90 cals, 14g car; 5g fiber and 6g protein. But it's so good, I keep eating it and here I am trying to stay away from too many carbs...oh well!

Good job all on the weight loss Jillian and Nicole..

Nicole - thanks for the link....so in an earlier link it was determined that I can have 1300 calories; so I'm going to aim for 45% carbs; 35% protein and 20% fat. This prompted me to do today's FitDay and I did okay - 50-25-25 (with carbs being the big number). As always, I know I have to plan better to get the protein up there! Oh, and the Icee/slurpy thing I treated myself too was the 220 calories that put me over for the day...but it sure was tasty!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #93  

Height: 5'4"

You guys are so funny, don't know where to start here. I only have a minute before I head out the door to a (gulp) pot luck. I love seeing my friends, but HATE all the yummy food.

Keep up the wonderful work everyone. Do you think I could get away with wearing a surgeon's mask to the pot luck? That way, no "accidental" tastings.

Roberta

PS Watched an old episode of Dr. Oz where he talked about how to lose weight permanently by changing some habits. I got brave and tossed all the salt-laden spices out in the trash and am going to buy some Mrs. Dash this weekend. Could not believe how much sodium was in the spices I was using all the time. I am pledging to avoid processed foods too. No more bars for me, started getting a reaction to the soy in the bars again. Big red painful blisters on my face. I am going to bump up a plan and just go with food the way I did when I was going to LAWL and doing so well.

Last edited by shshshhh; 07-16-2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: forgot something
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #94  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

You can tell Nicole's family is back!!
Can't wait to see your bowling cake Jillian!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #95  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all. i got new running shoes on friday and then i slept in today, so i haven't gotten to take them on their first run! tomorrow, wed and thursday, definitely! and then i'm going to NE to visit my parents and celebrate my niece's 1st birthday. and traveling alone..not looking forward to that.

the bowling birthday party went great yesterday, i was so exhausted from staying up past my bedtime on saturday night to get the cake done and then the party yesterday, that i haven't uploaded the pics yet. but i will soon. hopefully when the baby is napping.

anyways, that's it for me now. be back later. hope everyone is having a good start to the week.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #96  
Heather on purple w/lites

S/C/G: 194/189/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!
KInda new here, for posting anyway I've been coming to these boards since 2006 when I did LAWL the first time, and posted a few times back then under a different name which i can't remember I lost 50 lbs back then, and now 2 more babies later i'm right back to where I started I know I can do this since I did it before, and this time DH is doing it with me to get rid of his "baby weight" lol. Using luna's, special k and kashi bars in place of the lites and weighing in 3 times a week since I think that was a big part of my success the first time. Anyway, wanted to say hello and introduce myself finally Have a great day ladies!
heathers73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #97  
WonderWoman

here's two (sort of) different views of the cake i did for Julia's 7th birthday.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #98  

Morning all,

My AC went out and its hot as heck in here and that makes me and baby very grouchy.

I didnt shred since friday. DVD wouldnt come on and hubby hasnt had a chance to check it out but I think need to go give shredding a break to see how things go. The baby has been waking up tons during the night to nurse since i've been shredding and i'm not sure if it has to do with that or if its because of a growth spurt. I'm not taking in enough calories so I need to take a break and see what happens.

It wasnt a good few days food wise but its always a disaster when hubby is home. I need to work on that.

Jillian ~ awesome job on the cake! Will post a pic of monster truck cake a little later once I get them onto the comp.

I hope everyone is doing well, baby is starting to fuss.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #99  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends! Yes, Joni, my family is home....and I am super happy and kind of tired . I have been OP even though they are home, which is a miracle for this girl.

I am in a big hurry, but wanted to check in....and to tell Debbie..yes, girl, increase your cals. I was always told to increase protein when I was BF. Not sure if that is the answer....but for sure, if you are not getting enough calories, baby is going to need to nurse more frequently. It is really hard to find the right balance. You are giving your baby such a gift though, and it is not always easy to make those kinds of sacrifices. Hang in there girlie, and you will find the right balance for the both of you
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #100  

Thank you for the encouragement Nicole! The baby's nutrition comes 1st right now, its not like i'll be breastfeeding forever so I can take thing slow so I dont jeapordize supply.

With DS#3 I still lost while BF & I produced enough but I wasnt exercising also so I think just stopping that right now will help the supply and help my weightloss.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #101  

Height: 5'4"

Nicole and Joni ~ thanks for the article links. Interesting.
Joni~ I'd take 1.5 loss. Moving in the right direction.
Debbie and everyone else using Fit Day ~ I just created an account. Awesome website for tracking protein and carbs. Thanks for the heads up. Also, about your chunky PB addiction, I totally am there with you on that. I went to a restaurant supply place and bought a case of individual portions of PB, like they put on restaurant tables. Keeps my honest cause I can scoop more PB on a tablespoon than you could possibly imagine. I just grab one little container (looks like a pat of butter or jelly size) and I know that is 1/2 P.

Have a great week everyone. I decided to give up on the Lites and go back up one program and use real food. I seem to do better that way, at least I did when I was going to the COD.

Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #102  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Jillian - as always, great job on the cake! and hope your new shoes have you running to your next goal!

Nicole - enjoy your family.....and congrats on being op

Heather - hi and best of luck. Our board is not as active, but it's still alive.

Debbie - Hope you got your ac working...I can't imagine a night without it in this Georgia heat!

Roberta - I sooooooo need to do that with my peanut butter. I had a peanut buttery day today; no idea why..but it wasn't good. FitDay will have to wait until tomorrow....got some chores to do!

Last edited by Joni135; 07-19-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #103  
WonderWoman

hello all. today my baby girl turns 7yr old! we're not doing much today since we celebrated on sunday.
i tried out my new running shoes this morning and they're pretty great!

not much else going on. just wanted to check in for the day.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #104  

Morning everyone, well almost afternoon.

Been a rough few days and havent been OP alot. I havent been eating nearly as much as I should and what I have been havent been good. So hard to be good sometimes. Ah well movin' on, cant change the past right?

Roberta ~ thats such a good idea about the PB, I know i'm def scooping out more than 1 serving.

Joni ~ AC is fixed but not before it got to 93 degrees in the house, yuck! We were all miserable.

Heather ~ Welcome back!

Hi Nicole & Jillian, hope you are having a good day!

PS: The boys are super obsessed with monster trucks so of course I had the bright idea to attempt a monster truck birthday cake. So many things could have been better and i'm not entirely happy with it but DS said "mom its perfect!", that was good enough for me .

DS#3 (birthday boy) fav truck is Blue Thunder.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:40 PM   #105  
Heather on purple w/lites

S/C/G: 194/189/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!

Debbie- Wow you did a great job on that cake! I'd love to attempt something like that someday, but i'm not very good at baking

Roberta- I am also a PB addict! I could stand at the cabinet with a jar and a spoon all day long and be in heaven! So not a good thing Those little packets sound great except for me it's a trigger. Once I have the peanut butter for some reason I tend to snack on everything else too.

Jillian- Congrats on your progress, wow @ that ticker!! You're my hero as i'm also tackling the baby weight for the last time lol.... If you don't mind me asking, what plan are/were you following?

Everyone else, HI! Hope you're all having a great day

Went back to the gym today for the first time since last August. OUCH! Felt sooo good though! Not only to be exersizing again but just to have that hour or two to myself! DH stayed home with the three boys while I went and it was so nice! They also have a babysitting room there, but i'm not sure how well it would go. My 2 year old tends to throw temper tantrums when I leave, and my 3 month old doesn't like me to put him down as it is and HATES his carrier I'm pretty sure they'd be calling me back in to take them out pretty quick lol.
Anyway gotta figure out what i'm making for dinner. Anyone have any good ideas for ground beef?? I took a pound out of the freezer but i'm not sure what to do with it....
Talk to you all later!
heathers73 is offline   Reply With Quote