Old 07-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #31  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

JM - passing on the ice cream is a HUGE NSV!!! I had plantar fascitis once - what a killer. I've been veeeery careful with running on the treadmill ever since, and I stretch constantly.

Joni - so I can look forward to my metabolism slowing down EVEN MORE after 50? What good news <not>, since 40 seemed to absolutely slow it to a halt.

This heat wave has done wonders for weight loss, since it is too hot to eat. Salads rule! I had to play in a golf tournament yesterday, and it was brutally hot - drank lots of water and drove the cart in circles to keep a breeze going!

Good to see everyone posting and beign successful! Keep it up girls!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:40 AM   #32  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning Kim, and everyone else who pops in here today.

i've been debating what to do with my ticker..do i update it to my highest weight and then to my current mini goal? or do i update it with my current weight to my mini goal? i'm so happy with all i've accomplished over the past 7yrs (with 3 pregnancies in there!!) so i'm not sure.

anyways, i've taking up a new obsession: running. since my apartment has a gym in it right down the hall, i've become in love with the treadmill. but i need some new, better running shoes since it seems that when i run more than 2 days in a row my right hip starts to hurt a bit. (or is that me aging?)

so yeah, that's all i've got for the day. i've been baking my freakin' face off for the past few days now for my DH and his buddies over in Afghanistan. i've become quite famous over these cookies i make..it's all they can talk about when they know i'm baking. it's cute.

hope everyone has a good, productive day.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #33  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi everybody!

I know, I know.. Long time gone... Hope you're all doing well...

Things have been crazy in my life for the past few months. Work has been nuts.. I've also fallen off the wagon a bit, so I'm working to get back on track. I have a 5 month plan with a co-worker to drop a bunch of weight by Christmas, so we'll see how it goes.

Right now I'm compiling all my old LAWL data and books.. Wish I had more of it, but it looks like some got tossed out. Grrrr....

Anyway, I hope all is going well!!

Be one with your POP!!

Dan
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #34  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey ladies & Dan

Good to see everyone OP(whatever that plan is)!The best thing is to find something that works for YOU.This board is great for info and advices...take in what you like, forget what you don't!No pressures...

I do not post regularly these days...because I am no longer actively trying to lose.That does not mean I am tired or bored of this forum...I still enjoy hanging out here very much!I am losing like 2-3 lbs a month. That is not much to report...i know.

Take care...& keep up the good work!
P.S....if anyone needs any tips plz feel free to PM me!

Last edited by mj2007; 07-08-2010 at 01:22 PM.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #35  

OK, I guess I can call myself an old-newbie? New to this board but I was on LAWL "back in the day". I lost 50 lbs with a LAWL center about 2 years before my son was born...that was *cough, cough* 11 years ago *cough, cough*. I've been up and down and back up for the past decade. Makes me sound really old but I'm only 35 I found this plan again and realized that it's the only plan that really worked for me. I start quick start/take-off...whatever it's called now...last Tuesday. For me, it was 2 days of misery but it has a great way of motivating you to not have to do it again! I'm down 5 lbs of the 50 I want to lose.

I've been lurking this past week and you all are very supportive and informative. I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with you!

Lissa
LissaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #36  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

MJ - you have done great!
Lissa - welcome!! Good luck and come here often for tips and support.
OMG - it's the salt police...funny you showed up Dan, I've had too much fun with my Sea Salt lately.....love that stuff.

Jillian - I, too, like my treadmill...but need to move a bit quicker on it. Definitely find the right shoes because if your hip is hurting now, it's going to hurt a whole lot more. Cookies sound yummy right about now! You are doing a good thing keeping the boys happy...Also, I would keep my high weight and just alter your goal weight until you are happy with it. If you go below, the graph will show it. Then you have a little wiggle room. You have done great. Of course stretching afterwards is helpful too....google for some good post running stretches.
"drank lots of water and drove the cart in circles to keep a breeze going!" - oh Kim, you continue to crack me up!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #37  
WonderWoman

hello all. hope everyone had a good week and an even better weekend. i'm not doing anything at all! i've been running around doing errands and baking all week, so i'm exhausted..and so is my baby girl!
so we're going to be relaxing at home. DD and DS will be hanging out on saturday for awhile too.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #38  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Jillian...that is one **** of a ticker. Very, very good.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #39  
WonderWoman

thanks, Nicole! i figured i'd just put my highest weight on there. it's nice to see how far i've come over the years.

i see your ticker is moving right along too. i'm not even sure what i want my end goal to be yet, but i've got time to decide.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #40  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies! I finally had a victory with late night snacking last night-only took me 3 days! ha . . I also went to bed at 10! Oh well, whatever works.

Getting in more water in the form of Crystal Lite-but need to up my pure water intake. We had a lab lunch yesterday at Macaroni Grill and i did pretty good-had a yummy huge grilled chicken and cappellini entree-yes, pasta-but not too much and it was tossed with grape tomatoes and some mozz .. .yummy. I love how they had the calories noted for each entree-I had enough room to have a little bread also . ..

Busy day today-but I want to stop by that gym tomorrow and check it out. My legs have been aching so much in the mornings its hard to imagine exercising but I need to give it a shot. I also need to find out how much advil I can take in a day without blowing my liver!

Great to see some faces back on here! Have a wonderful Friday!

Last edited by juliemarie; 07-09-2010 at 12:02 PM.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #41  
Post-Master

JM...I take aleve so I don't have to remember to take advil so many times a day.....I take it twice a day. I self prescribed it, oh, about a year ago, and then verified it was ok with my doc in Jan. And yeah, she totally laughed at me for telling on myself. I was also told by the Walgreen's pharmacist that it takes up to 2 weeks before you get any of the anti inflamitory effects...and I KNEW I would never remember to take advil around the clock for two full weeks...ha ha. My doc said it (along with advil) is one of the safer anti inf....so I was pretty glad I guessed right.

Jillian.....I know where I want to end up mostly cuz I weighed 140 through most of my late 20's and early 30's. I may have to adjust it when I get closer to goal....we'll see.....since I am going to be 40 this year. Eeeeee.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #42  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Dr. Nicole - tell me about Aleve vs Advil...when I take advil (something hurts, major headache-not on any regular basis), I sometimes take 4 pills = 800 mg which is basically a prescription strength pill dose. But I'm tempted lately to take something at night because my body just aches and wakes me up. I know it's all weight related and/or what I eat (vs anything like fibromyalgia) so I'm curious if Aleve would help me.

Guess I could just try it and report back......

Holy toledo Jillian - you've come a LONG LONG way....when the heck did you weigh x20?

I'm doing good with my fitday log and exercise this week. Not saying my food choices are all perfect, but they would be a lot worse if I were not tracking! I am still a carb addict.....I'm going to have to do some serious planning to get in some high protein days.....I see lots of tuna fish, egg whites and yogurt on the menu. BTW, I tried Greek organic yogurt for the first time today (vanilla flavor) and I hated it...tasted like sour cream to me. $1.50 right down the drain. I'll stick to my tasty yoplait lights - thank you!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:19 AM   #43  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Joni-I love the greek yogurt! Just recently tried it. It's a great way to get in the protein. Of course, I like sour cream too, so . . .

Had a few obstacles today-plans that changed last minute and went out the window-plus indulged in a Jamba Juice cuz I was soo hot and it sounded like heaven on earth at the moment. It kinda was too . .

So-this week I learned I cannot have "cheat" foods in the house. I was hoping I could eat them in moderation-but either I can't, or I'm just not there yet. Maybe when I get some momentum going. But for now-can't have them around.

I did find a great treat for me when Josie has her ice cream-the WW latte ice cream bar-sooo good. And only 1 point or 90cals. I guess they make a fudge bar too I'll have to try. I usually never liked the lite or diet ice cream treats-they were so small and the texture was weird. But this was a good size and really creamy coffee ice cream-thumbs up!

Last edited by juliemarie; 07-10-2010 at 01:20 AM.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #44  
Post-Master

Mmmmm, JM...how about the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches? They are real, they have sugar, they are a decent size, but still, they are 140 cals and maybe 2 or 3 grams of fat. I have been keeping them around, and have realized that it is ok to have one, even one every day if I really want to...but just one a day. That is HUGE for me. I will admit though, I just started feeling comfortable with this idea, and I have been OP since June 4th. Also, plain old ice pops are not a bad idea for you AND the kid. Most of them only have 25 calories. Just a thought. I feel ya though....I have all too often been an all or nothing girl...but I am trying to grow up....and it is NOT easy.

Jillian found this great thingie on webmd...check it out : http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus

And also this, although I couldn't get it to work for me last night...will try again later : http://www.webmd.com/diet/diet-health-check/default.htm

Joni../I take my Aleve (I take the generic stuff...wayyyy cheaper) every morning and before bed. I take 2, for a total of 440 mg. My doc ok'd that amount....but you might want to ask the pharmacist (they are way more helpful than they let on...and way under utilized). Anyway....I have been taking it for a while now. I mostly notice my knees and lower back are dulled. some days they barely hurt...but not always. My doc says I am getting osteo.....which is not a shock. I was worried about taking so much medicne, and stopped for about 2 weeks a while back....and my knees were awful at night. I felt like I had restless leg syndrome cuz I just kept adjusting my legs and trying to get comfy. and let me tell ya....I usually fall asleep in less than 5 mins...which totally pisses DH off...ha ha. I remind him that I am on my feet most of the day, and outside and physically busy from the time I get up until about 2 hours before bed. Anyway....sorry, I so often distract myself . So, if you decide to take it, you may find 1 (which is the recommended dose) is enough for you, and maybe some tylenol on the side on bad nights....who knows. Just make sure you give it at least two weeks to decide if it is helping. And if you are anything like me, you won;'t really think it is helping until you stop taking it...ha ha. There really is no need to suffer at night like that, if something as simple as two aleve a day can make it better

Ok, sorry about the motherly medical bossiness. I just can't help myself sometimes. TOM is knocking on my door, and I am really ready for him to just show up already. I am down 1.6 lbs this week, so that is good...but I feel kind of puffy and miserable.

Ok, really have to go now....but I almost forgot
Old 07-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #45  
Post-Master

Welcome to our little circle of losers...some of us more losery than others

And DAN......good to see you, my friend (OMG I sound just like John McCain! lol). Keep us posted on your progress!

Ok, really leaving now
XOXO