Old 06-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #1  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Default LAWL Friends & Losers June 16th-30th

Hey all - I'll take the responsibility for starting the next thread. The last one was pretty active, so lets keep the ball rolling!

Day One (again...) - So far, so good. Not starting with TO yet, maybe later in the week. With my current school/life schedule, Wednesday/Thursday is better for me to be on TO. I always feel better when I start with at least 1/2 protein for breakfast, rather than just a yogurt, so I had cottage cheese & fresh raspberries for brekkie. Yum.

I had contemplated starting South Beach, bought the book, read it... and did nothing. It's funny, and sad to say, that at this moment in my life, I can't concentrate on a new plan enough to get rolling with it. So, rather than do nothing, (which hasn't been working at all!) I am going back to what I know. I am also going to walk in the mornings before work, it is supposed to be beautiful out this week.

Last edited by Kimphin; 06-21-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning! good to hear that you're doing something instead of just being complacent. keep it up!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #3  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey ladies

Kim - congratulate yourself for making the healthy choices while so many don't.I guess it is impractical to think that I'll be the same weight rest of my life.It would be a great accomplishment if we reach our "goal range" instead of goal weight...as long as the clothes fit

I went to a wedding this Saturday and even though I passed on the dessert( wedding cake with saskatoon berries ) to my husband after a couple of spoons, I think I had about 4 starches that evening.Now I'm trying to compensate by drinking lots of water and slow-digest starches such as steel cut oats. Also I have found out that "nuts" help you maintain your weight even though they don't make you lose lbs.So I add some nuts and raisins to my morning oatmeal as well. May be I'll brave a WI this afternoon
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #4  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Although I am feeling better, my scale isnt really moving but I am hanging in there. My bootcamp is almost over. I am taking the month of July off from class because we are going to our house in Huatulco but I joined bootcamp class again for August. I will be going to class twice a week and I think it will be good for me. I have decided that its time for yet another small change before I go on vacation. I am only going to drink water and tea during the day. I still may sneak in a glass of wine once or twice a week. I will count it as my fruit!!! I was at Walmart yesterday and bought a few bikini tops and shorts for holidays. I am hoping that by the time I go that I will have lost a bit around the midsection to wear them!
Kim- I think I am also going to start take off on Wednesday just to give me a little boost again. I need to go buy some Knudsen juice so I can join ya! Is the South Beach diet similar to Atkins?
Well I should go, its Monday and there is work to be done!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #5  
Kim - IP 9/10

MJ - I was going to comment on yesterday's picture, and here you go changing it again! You look great in both of them.

Joan - Rock those bikini tops! We are on for TO tomorrow, it will be good to have a buddy. I'm not sure about SB vs Atkins, since I have never done Atkins (wow, at least there's one diet I haven't tried!) I think that SB might be a little less extreme than Atkins. It looked like something that I could live with, after the pain of a 2-week Phase I (no fruits or carbs). But, as I said, I couldn't concentrate enough to plan out my meals.

We walked 15 holes of golf last night (officially played 9, but it's the longest day of the year- had to take advantage of it!) and man, do my legs feel it. It was such a gorgeous night, we finished up at 9PM! Came home to a grilled chicken salad dinner.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #6  
Joan

Okay Kim, its TO time starting tomorrow. I need it!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #7  
Kim

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hey guys!

My name is Kim and I am new to LAWL. I started take-off yesterday and received my program materials today with a 1 1/2 lb weight loss from the first day with TO.

My sister actually started this last week, then I decided to join her. I have lots more to lose than she does though. I was doing Medifast since 2008 and lost and kept off (generally) 40 lbs. I just cannot seem to get past the 200 lb mark for very long and keep going down. I'm just stuck. So I am ready to start something new and hopefully that will push me toward my goal of 170-175. I used weight watchers nearly 15 years ago to get me to goal for the first and only time in my adult life. LAWL reminds me of the WW selection plan which is what I was on at the time. Points never worked for me in the long run.

Anyway...just wanted to drop in and say hi. Hope I can join your group as I head toward onederland and beyond!
tnanock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

Kim -- what are saskatoon berries?
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

I mean MJ, what are saskatoon berries?
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:29 AM   #10  

well I must be the only person who GAINED on Weight Watchers. (SIGH). I tried three other diets and now I am back. Just finished second day of take off. This time I am determined to make this work. Here I go . . . .

Roberta

Last edited by shshshhh; 06-23-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: forgot to sign post
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #11  
Joan

Kim- Okay so I am starting TO tomorrow instead because I was rushed after work last night and didnt make it to the grocery store for all my greens I am going to be eating!!! I will be a day behind you!!!
Last night I went to boot camp and I did more sit ups then I have done in ages. I didnt even think I could still do them....but I can!!!! A few more rolls moving around but at least I can do them. I am quite sore today as we did a fitness challenge last night. I can only do a wall sit for about a minute. They just burn my legs like you wouldnt believe.
I am feeling pretty good about my exercise routine in the last few months. I think if I could fix a few of my food habits, I could get down to where I want to be. Since I started boot camp, I am seeing changes in my arms and my butt!!! yippeee
Okay well have a great day!
Welcome to the site Kim!

Joan
Old 06-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #12  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey all

Kim(NY)- thanks a lot and hope your TO showed great results!

Kim(AR)- Welcome! Thatz awesome!What plan are you on?

Crimsons-Saskatoon berries are a type of berries. Our town is named after those berries.I don't think you can find them in the regular grocery store...may be Farmer's market. But the sask berry jam you'll find at the grocery stores.

shshshhh- May be you introduced yourself to the forum and I missed it somehow. Anyways...welcome!I think you can GAIN on WW because it is a points thing without food restrictions and you might have chosen wrong food for your body type.

Joan- WTG girl! I attended the yoga class yesterday and did lotsa crazy stuff that I didnt know i could do few months back!Amazing how rewarding healthy living can be!You listen to your body and your body will listen to you!

later...
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #13  

Has anyone used the new Luna Protein bars to replace the Lites? The nutritional information is: calories: 190 fat: 9 grams, carbohydrates 19 grams, fiber 3 grams, sugars 13g, protein 12 grams.

They are really delicious and chewy. My favorite is the Chocolate/Peanut Butter (big surprise, LOL). They are a little higher in protein than the regular Lunas and really keep me from gettin hungry until it time for the next meal.

Thoughts anyone?

Roberta
Old 06-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #14  
Joan

Roberta- Luna bars are the best replacement bars for LA lites and they taste way better too! I need to go get some...speaking of

Joan
Old 06-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #15  

Default Luna Protein bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie View Post
Roberta- Luna bars are the best replacement bars for LA lites and they taste way better too! I need to go get some...speaking of

Joan
So Joan, the Luna Protein ones are ok too?
Roberta