3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   La weightloss # 54 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/20472-la-weightloss-54-a.html)

dianem1 09-29-2002 01:10 PM

La weightloss # 54

Here we go.

Jibbelle 09-29-2002 01:59 PM

Diane-
You start all the threads...guess we are a bit lazy! Thanks though.

Nothing exciting to report today. I am having a great on plan day today...counting those points and journaling.

Kitkat3NY 09-30-2002 11:56 AM

Good Morning all!

I had a great weekend, but not a great diet weekend. Lets put it this way on Sat morning I was having cheesecake and icecream for breakfast. I'm going to be skipping my appt at LAWL this week until Fri. I just don't want to see those numbers on the scale, know what I mean? lol I know I deserve it though, I really did indulge and enjoy. I never overate though, but I did eat everything I wanted! I think this weekend coming i'll do the 2day take off. I haven't done it in a while.

Diane- Are you talking about Karen Voights- cardio strength? She also has a very recent new circuit tape out, people on the Ya Ya forum have reviewed it as low impact and fun. They say they love the weight section. I know exactly what you mean about KV's voice. It's so dry and to the point! No jokes, not a word extra but for what exercises we're doing. But Cathe's is the only tapes that i'm going gaga for. Anna's tape suck!

Fran- I know how frustrating it can be to be diligent and not see the scale move. I too have cut back on the weights, cause when i'm in my weight lifting zone, I whind up seeing the scale never move or go up, but hardly ever down. So I cut back to doing a total body tape once a week, 2 light circuit tapes, and 3cardio tapes a week. What are you thinking of doing? What workouts do you do? Do you go to the gym?

I'll check in later ladies!

Kathy
184/?/120 or 130

xYTx 09-30-2002 01:58 PM

Oooooh. I had an off-plan weekend, too. It started when my BF and his friends wanted to go out and get BBQ. It continued with ice cream, and finally Fig Newtons. Argh! I'm determined to get back OP though. Tomorrow will be the first day being OP (I had the newtons today).

Oh well, right? It happens.

GringaGordita 09-30-2002 02:06 PM

Hi guys. I haven't posted for a while, things have been really hectic. LAWL is going well for me though. I made it under 240, so I've had to readjust my Halloween goal. My time of month is rapidly approaching though, so i'm working extra hard to be diligent. Check out the new stats! I love this program.

Fran M 09-30-2002 06:34 PM

Hi guys,
Did everyone have a bad eating weekend or wht? You can count me in.:devil: I intended to have a greta Sunday and after seeing what the scale said it completely threw me off. I could not stop eating yet I still popped in the WATP tape. Go figure!!

Kit- Thanks for advice. i have been currently doing cardio 3x and weights 2x a week but I am going to focus on cardio only this week.
gringa- great Stats!!:D Keep up the good work!!

x- Get back on as fast as possible without looking back. It is not what you did but what you do next... I have to listen to my own advice:lol:

Take care,
Fran

SpringManor 09-30-2002 06:34 PM

Congratulations GringaGordita, that is wonderful. You are doing so good. Keep up the good work and you will be at goal before long.

dianem1 09-30-2002 08:28 PM

Kathy;
It is cardio strength that I have. I will have to check out the
new tape out. I had a good weekend for a change, I actually make it through the weekend without cheating.
Marcie I am glad you had a good day, I have to admit I have been doing La more than WW I could not handle the variety of food and I felt like a Yo-yo up and down all the time.
GringaGorita I am glad you are doing so well.
xYtx get rid of those fig newtons, some time I end throwing stuff out just because I can't handle it being there.
Fran I have the same problem with weights sometimes I go up also but I love the results with using them.
Does anyone know how to pass the Atkins advertisment, I don't know how many time I ended up on his site.
Diane

Kitkat3NY 10-02-2002 11:25 AM

Good Morning,

This is my 3rd day back on plan and i'm doing great! It's "that time of the month" right now, but I weighed in today and only gained 2#, so that' s not bad for having cheesecake and icecream for breakfast over the weekend and now having my "evil friend", I'll take it!lol

Yup, most of us had a delicious weekend, lets get back to basics ladies!lol

Diane- congrats on making it through the weekend without cheating! I ordered my CXT upperbody today, i'm so excited! I'll pair that up w/ LL, boy am I going to be sore next week. lol What are you using mostly these days? I do Cathe for all my cardio's and the firm for my strength, only because I bulk up fast w/ Cathe. But I get bored w/ the firm, and I miss my Cathe strenth tapes, so I decided to do CXT u.b. and LL for strength once a week, w/ one circuit tape and 3 cardios. What about you?

Gringa- congrats on reaching your mini goal ahead of schedule! WTG!

xYTx- yup your right, a weekend like ours does happen. But as long as we get right back on plan, I don't think it should hurt that badly. How's it going today?

Kathy
184/160.6/120 or 130

dianem1 10-02-2002 01:34 PM

Hey Kathy:
I usually mix the firms with Cathe along with some treadmill.
I did Cathe's cardio kicks today. Boy did I feel whipped at the end. I don't use the 6-pack firms to much I find them a little to short. I also add in some Yoga zone along the week.
This weekend some of us from our center is doing the three-mile walk for breast cancer/ovarian cancer at Roosevelt park in westchester county. I am not sure if I will do it if it rains though. I did give the donation so i am sure they won't bug me about it.
I finally weighed in and did not have much sucess I am still the same, but I have been sticking to plan this week, which I am happy with.
How is everyone else doing?
Diane
04/06/01 201
10/01/02 153.6
goal 135
highest weight 212

er130 10-02-2002 09:47 PM

Hello Everyone, well I haven't lost anymore weight, but I had my 4 week weigh in today and they measured to. I have lost a total of 12 inches. That is so exciting in and of its self that I am motivated even more. I want to encourage everyone to keep up the godd work. :smug:

Erin

xYTx 10-02-2002 10:10 PM

:)

:lol: My day went well. I've been OP for the two days now, and I feel pretty good. My problem is Sundays, since I don't work and don't have school. When I'm working/going to school, I have no time to cheat! Anyone have any ideas on how I can make it through Sundays?

Congrats to everyone who's getting back on track!!

Kitkat3NY 10-03-2002 09:43 AM

Hi all!

I had another semi-successful day yesterday. For some reason, I can't keep my hand out of the cookie jar at work!lol Literally!

Diane- congrats on getting through CK! i've had that tape since I brought in '00 and still haven't done it. I'll put in on my roster for next week!lol I hear ya on the new firms, I was happy when I got them in the summer because they were short and it was hot out and I was going through the "I don't want to do anything" phase, but now, they are just collecting dust on my shelf. lol How many video tapes do you own? I think I have about 80videos, i've sold a lot on the swaps. I didn't know you lived in NY? I'm in Bronx, NY.

xYTx- congrats on getting back on track. Regarding your Sun problems, is it possible that you can have more attractive OP meals on that day, so you feel like your cheating but your not? Or you could workout on those days, keep busy w/ house work, socializing, etc? HTH alittle.

Erin- thats wonderful! Wow, 12"? That's excellent!

Kathy
184/160.6/120 or 130

dianem1 10-03-2002 02:38 PM

Hi Kathy:
I don't know how many videos I have I really never counted. I usually give the one I do not want to some one else. How do you make out in the swaps, I never tried it. They are really looking for those firms. Next year they will probably be available and some of those people payed through the nose for a $20.00 tape. When I do CK the next day my upper back and shoulders feel like I did a weight workout. So sore. But today I went and did tough tape and a abs section from ab hits.
xYTx for a while and still the weekends are my problem, last weekend I did well and I just made sure I ate everything OP and kept my diary.
er130 the measurements are fun, isn't nice when you actually see the results. I lost three feet at one point.
Marcie how are you doing? I hope your week is going well.
diane
04/06/01 201
10/03/02 152.4
goal 135

GringaGordita 10-03-2002 03:31 PM

Hi guys. Well, I've officially made it through 1 month on LA. I'm still liking it really well. It helps that I like to cook. I must say, I'm worried about next week. It'll be my TOM and I'll be on vacation for part of the week in Chicago. I'm sure i'll be having some of that deep dish pizza and some beer. I'm just hoping I don't go too wild. Any advice for how to stay sane on vacation???

er130, I noticed that we started around the same time. Losing 12 inches is awesome. When they measured me, I was only down 3 inches. I lost weight in a lot of places they didn't measure though (upper arms, calves, etc.). I can really tell from my clothes. Anyway, just wanted to tell you good luck. We're all in this together.