Old 05-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Friends and Losers May 17-31

I decided that we probably don't need a weekly thread anymore. So just made this for the rest of May. Its been so quiet.

I've been better than I've been in a long time. Kim you are right, that giving yourself exceptions for this and that can add up to huge off plan eating and totally derail your whole weight loss or weight maintenance efforts. Weekends have been key for me. Just being at least close to POP on the weekends makes a huge difference. It has been almost a whole month for me now and I'm feeling much thinner now.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #2  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hi Barbara-I agree with you...it is good to keep a thread for all month.Sometimes we stop by for a quick check in and too lazy to create a new one

Hello All- I have been pretty busy myself...I started a P/T job last week and I worked all weekend to finish my research work. Finally I am done with my research stuff and all I have to do is write a report and go for a Q/A session called " thesis defense" when a group of ppl ask me questions about my research work.Then I get a Masters Degree ...but I guess the hardest part is over!

Staying OP has been a real challenge these few days with me working till 10pm...and havent been to gym at all. Thankfully...I am relaxed now and plan to hit the gym this evening. I have noticed that avoiding grains ( pasta, rice, pita etc) in the evenings has really helped me stay in shape and not to put on extra lbs.So if anyone struggling to get rid off last 10 lbs....or anyone wants to see quick results...avoid grains/starch in the evening and eat a protein-fat-veggie/fruit based meal.

Take care n ill check back later...
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #3  

MJ, Wow, you got me reminiscing about my thesis, and I went and looked at my alma mater and saw that they now want you to submit your thesis in electronic format!!!! That is huge, you have no idea how much time you can spend trying to use a type writer to create an acceptable thesis (no corrections allowed each page had to be 100% typed perfectly). Besides that pain, the only hard part is when they send you out of the room to decide if you have successfully defended your thesis and should be granted a degree. Even if it is just a few minutes, it seems like a lifetime waiting. I got an electric typewrite for my 18th birthday to take to college with me. Back in the old days when you had to learn to type to get a job after college (my dad's advice to me). I don't think he ever envisioned me becoming an engineer, since it wasn't something many women did back then. My classes were 95% men, and I didn't lack for dates in college... ha!
Old 05-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #4  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Hi all just checking in. I had my boot camp again last night which I absolutely love but the problem is that I may have exercise induced asthma. I sprinted last night for a minute and then I did a minute of wall sitting and then all of a sudden I had to cough and couldnt breathe. It took me about ten minutes to calm down my hacking and then I continued with the strength part of the program. I guess she wants me to see a doctor and get some ventolin to exercise. Anyone had this before?
Anyways after I have been feeling so good about myself, I spoke to this guy I know that also trains and he made me sound like a big fat chick that is only coughing because I probably have never worked out in my life. He was so cruel! Why are people so mean? People that have never experienced being overweight have no idea what we go thru to feel good about ourselves. I was having a good day until he came along....big jerkface! Okay well I guess I should go back to work now. Have a good day!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #5  

Joan, What a jerk! Don't listen to him! Exercise induced asthma is a real problem for some people, even hugely fit people. Even some Olympic athletes suffer from it, so you should go and get it checked out.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #6  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey ladies. just thought i'd pop in and say hi since i haven't in awhile. kinda sad that this thread is dying out. i hope more people come back.
joan, that trainer guy is an a$$..wtf? who the frick does that? shake it off girlie and don't let that guy make you feel inferior! you RULE! and keep at it!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #7  
Joan

Thanks Barb and Jillian! I am back to my boot camp tonight. I went for my breathing tests today and the tests will be back to my doctor on Thursday. I felt that I did fine druing my tests and I didnt feel any different with the ventolin but who knows what the tests will say. I am going to do cardio again tonight as I really need it. I had a few cocktails during the long weekend and have to get back on schedule. Cant wait for boot camp tonight!
Have a great week!

Joan
Old 05-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #8  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi ladies! Nice to see some familiar faces, I couldn't find the forum at first and I was freaking out! I am for sure getting back on plan slowly but surely. I am about 15 lbs from my heaviest right now, and I know I need to take control. Today is Day 18 doing the p90x workouts... have you heard of them?? They are awesome!

I just got a new pair of workout shoes too those new Reebok Run Tones! Super excited picking them up from Fed Ex after work. I hope all is well!

Hi Hoochie, Jill and Barbara!

And nice to meet you MJ.

Well hopefully I will start making this visit a little more ofter. By the way my ticker is not right... it is soooo sad. BOOO!

Last edited by cecil; 05-26-2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Updated ticker
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #9  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hey Cecelia!

P90X? I did it for one week. Couldn't get up off the toilet after day one. You go girl!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #10  
Joan

Great to see you Cecilia, its been a while. I hope that P90 stuff works for you whatever it is. I am assuming its a drink or something since Kim mentioned she sat on the toilet for a week!!! lol. Is is a detox?
For me, I have tried everything and I think it works out to what I put in my mouth. I have been walking 4 days a week and going to boot camp once a week and havent lost much but I feel fantastic after I exercise.
My problem this weekend was all the Caesars I drank along with the sunflower seeds by the campfire. Oh ya and the marshmellows. Man, this last weekend wasnt so good on the self control bit but I am back at it this week.
I am still so sore from my workout on Tuesday that I can barely walk up the stairs to bed at night. Squats frigging kill me!! If I ever could look like my trainer, it would all be worth the pain. She looks great!
I really wanted to lose weight for my sons grade 12 grad this weekend and I didnt but I am going to go buy a new dress tonight so that I will at least feel better.....
I wont be around this weekend so have a good one everybody. I'll check in next week!

Joan
Old 05-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #11  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

I'm guessing kim made the toilet comment because she was very soar...too soar to get off the toilet. I've never done the P90X but I've heard it pretty extreme.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #12  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

LOL - dawn is right, it's because my butt and thighs were killing me! I'm pretty athletic, but that was a little too intense for me.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #13  
WonderWoman

just wanted to check in and say that i hope everyone has a nice memorial day weekend.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #14  

Ooh Jillian, That ticker moved again! Good work!

Cecilia, My weight has not been behaving. All my thoughts that "the plan is not working" are thrown out the window when I see how bad not being on plan is for me. Somehow I always figure that gaining is not likely, when it is so easy to do. Oh well, I need to buckle down since we are going on a cruise in a month and I'd like to feel thinner by then.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #15  
WonderWoman

thanks for noticing, Barbara! yeah, i've been on a great streak lately.

i also realized that as of next month (June) i'll have been working out consistently (4-5 days/week) for a whole YEAR! i've been so committed since the baby was born, that it's just a part of my life now and i can't imagine not exercising. i used to hate exercising, so to have it be a lifestyle for me now..makes me so PROUD of myself.
i'll be lowering my ticker goal weight also, as soon as i meet my pre-pregnancy weight. i'm not sure what my end number or size is going to be. i'm sure when DH gets back he'll be shocked!

anyway, enough of my rambling.

enjoy the weekend everyone! and remember why you're celebrating!

ps..i put up a new picture in my profile that was taken the day of DH's activation ceremony. just thought i'd share.

Last edited by JLem311; 05-28-2010 at 08:41 PM.