Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 08:57 PM   #16  

Jibbelle:
We actually got a DVd/vcr, my husband does not like the dvd's but I find them easier for exercise and the picture is great.
I was on the treadmill today and I actually enjoy doing yoga zone dvd's.
Doesn't leslie also have cassette tapes also?
I want to give myself the chance with WW with out worrying about what I am going to do with La, I will ask them for the month and see what they say about the bars if I can get a refund, I don't know what kind of excuse I can give. Telling them I'm moving won't work for me, i have gotten to know the manager quite well and I know she will not believe me.
Today was a up and down day I went to a birthday party I did alright, I did have cake and probably went over my point range.
have a good night
diane
Old 09-16-2002, 07:10 AM   #17  

Diane-
Best buy sells her DVDs and VHS. Our DVD player is in the basement, and since it is nice and cool down there it will be a good place to work out year around. Maybe we will look into the DVD/VCR combo for upstairs.

About LA-
Did you know if you have surgery and go under anesthesia you have to go off plan for one month?

I have gone over on points a couple times....but I just get back in there! Usually I try and eat a couple less points, or at the bottom of my range for a few days.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:54 AM   #18  

Woohoo! I just did my first workout in a good three weeks. I'm trying to get back on track with those, too. I have a new schedule with work/school so fitting it in is a little more difficult. But we MAKE time, right? :b

I think the walking challenge is a great idea. For mine, I am going to shoot for walking/running 5 days a week for a duration of 40-45 minutes. Before I got off plan, I used to run/walk 30 min a day, do handweights for 20 min a day, and ab workout for 20 min (in two separate sections) a day. I'd like to be back in this routine by Halloween. Gosh, it looks like a long way away

THIS week, though, I am going to ease back into the routine by increasing my walks slowly. Today my walk was 25 minutes (hey, better than none at all). Tomorrow I will shoot for 30. You guys are such an inspiration. I seriously don't think I could stay with my routines without y'all.

I see that a lot of people are making mini-goals. Maybe that's what I need now. I'll be so happy when I'm back into my routine. When I exercise and stay OP, I feel so much better all the time. We'll all reach those mini-goals together! THEN we have to stay away from the Halloween candy! Ahhh! I'd better start practicing now.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:01 AM   #19  

The mini goal helps me a lot because I have SO much to lose. If I think about it in a huge chunk it seems so impossible. When I break it up it isnt only easier to think about, but I get to reward myself for making the mini goal. I am still deciding on my Halloween reward.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:05 AM   #20  

What kind of rewards do you give yourself, Marcie? I'm wondering because it's SO HARD for me NOT to reward myself with FOOD. I know this is not the way to do it!! Maybe a new pair of shoes or jeans or something? A movie, or a night out?
Old 09-16-2002, 01:06 PM   #21  

Marcie:
The mini goals are great, I used to have a hard time in the beginning trying to deal with the weightloss goal and then I just started taking little steps. For me at one time is was just making in through the day without eating a whole bag of potato chips.
Even now when I am almost reaching my goal I got myself looking at the whole picture again. Thanks for reminding everyone about those little mini- goals.
xYTx I have gotten lazy also I did not stop exercising, but I went to lighter weights and now the heavier ones I have to build back up to again.
Thanks all for being there
Diane
Old 09-16-2002, 02:32 PM   #22  

Lets see...goals....I LOVE manicures and they are reasonably cheap. I also do CDs or DVDs. Sometimes a night out at the movies with Matt....or a girls night out with friends!

One time someone told me they bought a charm bracelet and bought a charm every time they lost 5 or 10 lbs. I thought that was a good idea.

For my 50 lb loss (the third, and final time!) I got a new haircut and some highlights!
Old 09-16-2002, 02:55 PM   #23  

Ooooh! I need a haircut so badly. LoL. And I'd love to have it colored professionally sometime. Those would be real treats! DVDs, too! Thanks for the great ideas!
Old 09-17-2002, 11:00 AM   #24  

Hi,

Everyone seems to be doing pretty well. I'm doing great to, I managed to loose another 2# which brings down to the lowest weight i've been in 5yrs!

I just wanted to say WELCOME to all the new comers, good luck to all of you who have changed from LAWL to WW, it's a great program and it's good that you decided not to give up when LAWL stop working for you, you just chose something different instead. Being a former WWer myself, I do miss those group meetings though.

Lesile Sansone WAP's is a great set! My mother uses it along w/ WW and she lost 35#, she just loves it!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kathy
184/160.4/120 or 130
Old 09-17-2002, 12:53 PM   #25  
LAWL Center Manager

Angry I'm Back

Hi Everyone!

Well, I'm back as a married woman! The wedding, honeymoon, everything was great.

Now, it's time to get back to reality. I will weigh in today to measure my progress. I admit that I am very nervous. I really went wild and ate everything I wanted for a week and a half. Now, it's time to face the music. According to me scale, it looks like I've gained 3-4 pounds.

I have to get back on track, and I'm sure it will be difficult, so I'll be checking in often for your support.

It looks as if the boards have been busy in my absence. Congratulations to all of you who are making progress. I hope to be joining you soon on the downward trend!
Old 09-17-2002, 02:49 PM   #26  

Joy, Welcome back did you have a nice time?
Kathy isn't it nice when you reach somewhere you have not been in a long time. Congrats! I went and pre- ordered cathe's new dvd's .
I decided to stay away from the scale this week and not weigh in until Saturday. I will see if I can hold out.
I hope everyone is doing well
Diane
Old 09-17-2002, 04:13 PM   #27  

Congrats Kathy! What a great feeling!

Welcome back Joy! I hope you had a wonderful time! You may have put on a few pounds of water weight from eating off plan things. I bet you have a pretty big drop once you start back on plan.

Diane-
Staying off the scale this week is a good idea! That way you will be very suprised on Saturday when you drop a pound or two! I usually weigh in on Saturday, but I am leaving town on Friday so I am going to the Fri 9:30 meeting on the way out. I will post on Friday or Saturday from my parents house!

I am having a pretty good on plan week. I am just waiting for my WATP DVD to get here so I can start my exercise routine! I can not believe I am actually excited about this, but I think you have motivated me Diane!
Old 09-17-2002, 08:07 PM   #28  

Hi all,

Congratulations to all who have lost weight this past week Losing weight can be difficult but totally worth it.

I hope you all don't mind that I post here even though I am on WW. I like reading everyone's posts and I look forward to the responses.

As some of you know, I have lost 44 pounds with WW but I still want to take off this stubborn 8 I put on. I am currently boosting up my exercise. I am working out 4-5 times a week . I have lost 1.2 so far.

Jibelle- I have the WATP tapes and they are really good. What makes them great is it doesn't contain any weird movements except for plain walking. i love putting them on.

Well have a great week guys!

Fran
Old 09-17-2002, 09:37 PM   #29  

I needed something low impact.....no jumping or running, so I think they will work great. Especially for a beginner! I can work up from the 1 to 2 to 3 mile. Then maybe I will be ready to hit the gym again!

Congrats on the 1.2 loss! It is great!
Old 09-18-2002, 08:52 AM   #30  

I lost 40 lbs on la weight loss and also rewarded myself too much this summer and have to lose 6 lbs to get back to my 40lbs. I am thinking about joining ww too. I just bought the fudge zone bars (much cheaper) at walmart and they are good!
Closed Thread