3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LAWL Friends and losers April 18-24

Old 04-22-2010, 01:28 AM   #16
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Mj- Wow a size 4? That is awesome! I will work on the exercise, all I really do is treadmill. I bought the 30 day shred when I started in January but was too out of shape to make it all the way through the first time and I have not touched it since. Maybe I can do it this time.....wish me luck.

Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:05 AM   #17
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

Hey everybody! We get another day...let's do it right! Last night my boyfriend says let's go get something to eat. I usually 'let's go' but I am very proud of myself...I said no. It sure was tempting, but I stayed on program and was down a little this morning. I have to confess that I do like to eat out and have cut it back to once a week. It is just hard to eat out and not over do it. So, today is going to be another GOOD day on the program. It will work if you do it! Good luck everyone and pretty soon our stats will look like MJ's!
170 / 169.5 / 145

luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #18

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I must apologize for my lack of presence in the chat rooms. I now must admit yes I am busy but more importantly l was absent because I have gained back some of my weight. I was/am embarrassed and felt like I let everyone down. But guess what I am back!!!!I will change my ticker Monday as I totally do not have the heart to do it today. I am eating all my favorite things this weekend and starting my diet monday.

A work friend has asked me to help her. She was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. She has to lose weight and follow the diabetic diet. Which from my recent research has led me to see that it is very very close to LAWL. They count things as 1 starch and you can only have so many starches a day. The difference is that it emphasizes that you can have that cupcake once in awhile, just a little more freedom. I will stay motivated as I have some accountability. That is what I miss the most from LAWL. We are going to weigh in every monday and keep our progress logged on a chart in my office.

I am also going to get back to walking and exercising. I will try to post more and I will definately keep using 3fc for inspiration.

Good to see all the familar and new faces.

MJ- great progess way to go. You are truely an inspiration

Joan- good to see you, glad the weather is getting warmer and walking to me is the best exercise.

Jillian- Hey, are you still on your exercise kick?

Nicole- You will do 40 great. Just think what you know now than what you did when you were 20.

Arkantana- I did the shred start to finish last summer. It hurt I was sore, I had some pretty strong language for Jillian Michaels but it was worth it. I also remember hurting while trying to sit on the toliet seat, but it went away quickly.

Luv2clog- will power is the key!!! way to go!!

Kim- way to get back on that horse!! Good Luck

A cheer for every 5 pounds lost

Goal 1: 210 by June 13th
Goal 2: 199 by September 6th
Goal 3: 185 by December 25th

Last edited by sweetandspicy : 04-22-2010 at 10:18 AM.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #19
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey Amy M! yeah, i'm still on my exercise kick..haven't stopped since i started up in June (when baby X was 6wks old!) it's become a great part of my life, that i'll never give it up! good to see you back and posting!

i've been just too darn busy to post on a daily basis. things are extremely hectic around here. my DH will be leaving for his deployment within the next few weeks and will be gone for 12 months, so we've been gearing up for that and getting everything prepared.

"Exercising is like brushing your teeth...it's just something you have to do everyday."

"Success often comes from doing ordinary things with extraordinary commitment."
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #20

S/C/G: 218/218/140

Hey Everybody,
I finish up with take off today,and I read you can buy the program guides from ebay. Has anyone done that yet? Is there a place where they can be downloaded? If my scales are right and it's not a fluke I will be down 6 pounds. Clothes stll fit the same.

Thanks,
Debbie

Also, how do you get the ticker tape on your posts?
dja140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #21

S/C/G: 157/141.6/120

Height: 5' 3

First week and down 5.5 lbs!! Feeling great and realizing that LAWL is easy! Hoping that it's not all water weight and I will continue to consistently lose, maybe not 5 lbs every week but 2 a week would be great!

dja140 - you get a ticker after 20 days and 20 posts on the sight...still waiting for mine too!
MCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #22

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Debbie, I think you can post a ticker after you have a certain number of posts on this web site.

Amy M, I can totally relate, I've gained back even more of my weight and I'm just discouraged with myself over my weight. I decided though that not trying is not going to result in me just staying where I am though. I think we tend to forget that things could get much worse. So anyway, back to the grind stone... although I've not been following LAWL plan lately. I was reading about volumetrics, and was thinking of trying that.

MJ, I did read the Master your Metabolism book. It was excellent. I do think for me that getting enough sleep is key.

Nicole, I can't believe your oldest is almost 20. I hope she is doing well. My daughter is 21 now, and starting to even act like an adult most of the time. 40 is not so old. If you take good care of yourself, you can feel vital and healthy for another 40 years past that, if not more.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #23

S/C/G: 218/218/140

Thanks for the info! I have found the meal plans but don't know the portion sizes. Where can I get those?

Debbie
dja140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #24
Joan

S/C/G: 180/155/150

Height: 5"8

So glad to see some of you back!!!!

I know some of us have gained a bit of weight back but maybe we can all get back on track together.
Today, I am 168. I really want to get to 160 so that is my first goal.
I saw a friend of mine today that I hadnt seen in a while and she looked awesome. She told me that she lost 40 pounds so far this year. It really inspired me as she is older than me so I cant blame my age anymore.
I have been walking and not losing anything but my diet needs a little tweaking and then I should be on track again.
Have a great day everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #25
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

It's Friday and the weekends are always a challenge! I must stay focused and results will follow. It is just so hard...we are so blessed to live where we have such an abundance of wonderful food. I just wish I knew when to stop without being stuffed! Hopefully, that will come, too. I wish willpower for everyone this weekend!
170 / 169.5 / 145

luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #26
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all. a busy friday as usual. lots of errands to run, appointments to go to, etc. nothing going on this weekend for us and it is our last free weekend together too. baby X is turning 1yr old next week and then the week after we have DH's activation ceremony. so lots of things to do..and some relaxing in there as well.
hope everyone has a good weekend.

"Exercising is like brushing your teeth...it's just something you have to do everyday."

"Success often comes from doing ordinary things with extraordinary commitment."
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #27
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey all

I had a very busy week and looking forward to a relaxed evening. Also I have to go for a WI.

Joan- I did not always have this will power. I felt deprived and miserable. Then I realized that the key is to find something I enjoy so much that I want to make it a part of my life. As for example...someone might enjoy weight-training...I found I liked yoga, pilates. Same goes for food...I try new things if I like them I make them a part of my menu plan...otherwise not no matter how good or nutritious they are because I know they won't make me feel satisfied.

Arkantana- You should really try Shred again...it gets easier after couple of days

Jillian- Hope you are making most your time with your DH.

Debbie- - Great job!The portion sizes have changed over years so I am not sure what you are looking for. I don't think it is available anywhere without the plans.

Barbara- I loved the book! Since I read it I have switched to decaf coffee and stopped eating processed food totally and the sleep thing is helping me too!

Marie-- You are amazing, girl!You are doing great. It is just a matter of breaking the habit..i used to love eating out too! But since I started eating very low sodium food, I find restaurant food too salty and I do not enjoy anymore unless it is a fine dining place.But thatz expensive so I hardly eat out...works for me

Amy M- Good for you!It always helps to have a buddy. I wish I had one!

Take Care all...and Have a good weekend!

loving life once again...Thanks LAWL
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #28

Hi. Glad to see there are others out there! I just got my bars in the mail and am starting again. It was so long ago & I was on the color (purple) plans. Any idea how I can get that? If not, I understand the serving numbers for the other plan but how much (1/2 C or 6 oz) ?
duck2swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #29

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

MJ, I watched a documentary on PBS yesterday about the food industry, and now I am even more motivated to eat clean. I started cutting down on caffiene but I have slipped there too. Free coffee at work is really more than I can handle apparently. I need to do more of the green tea and less of the columbian (even though it is the richest kind).

I think I'm going to do a take off on Sunday and Monday. That should help with my behaving over the weekend.

Jillian, oh my... It seemed like it was so long to go and now the deployment is almost here. I was hopeful that we really would reduce troops a whole lot more than we have and that he would not need to go. I admire your sacrifice, and hope it makes you appreciate the time you do get with your DH. Baby X is going to have to turn into Toddler X here soon! I hope your walk goes well. I sort of agreed to go on a Cancer walk here soon... but it is only like 4 miles. How far is the NAMI walk?
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.