Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 12:13 PM   #61  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

where are you guys? i went for a morning weigh in today and was down 2.75 more pounds. that's a total of 8.5 for me. i'm so excited. i know part of the reason i was down is because i got weighed in the morning rather than night, but i'll take it. i have to say, i really love the people at my center. they are so supportive, nobody's tried to sell me anything. i really think i can do this.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:27 PM   #62  

You are doing great Gringa!!! KEEP IT UP!

Some centers are much better than others, it sounds like you may have gotten lucky and got a good one!
Old 09-12-2002, 12:36 PM   #63  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

I'm so glad. i have to admit i was a little worried that i might live near a bad center. i had read some things on some bulletin boards that worried me. so far, so good though.

How is WW going?
Old 09-12-2002, 02:08 PM   #64  

It is going great! I can not wait for my week two weigh in Saturday. My scale says I am down one pound!
Old 09-12-2002, 02:54 PM   #65  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

that's great! you are such an inspiration. keep it up!
Old 09-12-2002, 03:39 PM   #66  

Gosh, Marcie, I wonder if I might need a change. I have been on LA for so long that I am just plain sick of it. It has been about a year now or so, maybe its time to try something else too.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:14 PM   #67  

I did LA for a year, and I really only lost for the first 7-8 months. After that, I was sooo sick of the eating the same thing that I cheated all the time. I completely lost my motivation. WW is working for me now because I have more choices and I dont need to cheat. It may not be for everyone, but if you think you need a change, it is worth checking out.

Gringa-
At this rate you will have to update your Halloween goal soon! Hey...if you keep losing this fast, you are going to catch me! I better get my tushy in gear!

I need to come up with a new mini goal...not sure what yet though.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:36 PM   #68  

Wink

Hello everyone! I did so well for the first week then I was out for dinner the other night, etc. I was up one pound (still a total of 5 in the first week), but they told me at the center to stick to the unlimiteds the next two days and I showed see a difference. I hope so. It is so motivating to see that scale move. I have added exercise to my routine as well. I'm trying daily. We'll see if I make it. Anyone else up to taking a walking challenge. I'm thinking of not counting time, but maybe miles per week or just the fact that we did it!! Let me know if you are interested.

Jibble-
I will get your check to you soon. Please don't forget about me!
Old 09-13-2002, 08:53 AM   #69  

Erin - I really need a kick in the pants to get back into my exercising routine. Maybe a walking challenge is just what I need I do this run/walk combo... run 'til I have to walk... walk 'til I can run again... run some more... on a route that takes me 20-25 minutes. Lately, I haven't been sticking to my exercise because of a new job and school, but it's time to get back with the program!!

Anyone else want to join up??
Old 09-13-2002, 09:05 AM   #70  

Hi Everyone:
Marcie I am glad you are re-motivated, I am feeling a bit jealous. I think you are tempting a couple of us to look for a change.
Gringa I am glad you are enjoying the program great job.
Erin I find that I don't do well when I eat out, even though I make good choices most of the time, I always find that I am up a little when I eat out. At our center the manager is trying to get a group together to do one of the groups walks for breast cancer I think.
I weighed in the other day and I was up .4, I am tired of this up and down stuff so I went back to the gold plan, even though I really like the blue, I am finding after a day of being off program what I put on does not come off as fast with the blue plan.
I probably need to make a change also, but I am trying to see what happens with the weeks I have left.
Hey Kathy how are you doing? I got the new Cathe Dvd's the other day. I think I am going to enjoy the ab Hits.
Have a great day everyone
Diane
04/06/01 201
09/11/02 153.6
goal 135
Old 09-13-2002, 09:06 AM   #71  

I need to exercise, but I just can not find the time! It also needs to be something I can do inside. I go to work when it is dark, and often get home when it is dark. SO....no exercise outside in the dark!

Can anyone recommend a good tape (prefer DVD actually) for a beginner?
Old 09-13-2002, 09:09 AM   #72  

Diane-
We were posting at the same time.

I would finish up the time you have on LAWL, but I would really consider thinking about doing something different. I think your body is so accustomed to the plan, that it really isnt working anymore. How long have you been at your current weight, plus or minus 3 lbs? Have you seen the maintenance plan yet?
Old 09-13-2002, 09:17 AM   #73  

Hi Marcie:
I think it has been about a month and half that I have been staying around the same. i have not seen under 150 since July I think. So I know I need a change but I think I am little afraid of it also. I know WW will be the plan I will do but a little bit afraid of how I will handle all of the variety.
What level of exercise are you?
Diane
Old 09-13-2002, 09:22 AM   #74  

Umm....err....no exercise? hehehe I know it is sooo bad!
I have also had a total hip replacement, so my exercise needs to be relatively low impact, not a lot of jumping and running.

Three years ago, I was walking a mile and biking for 40 minutes 5 days a week at the gym. But...things got crazy when I started traveling for work and I have not been since.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:33 AM   #75  

Marcie:
My Father-in-law just had hip replacement, he is getting around much better he could hardly walk before he went in.
I know denise Austin has a lot of low impact videos I am not sure if she is on dvd yet though. Do you have a treadmill, walking is some times the easiest to start with if you have not been exercising for a while. I think there is some walking videos out there also.
Diane
Closed Thread