Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 09:03 AM   #31  

Gringa - I don't like that juice either. It always makes me feel weird and sort of dizzy. But the express really worked... I did it when I joined LAWL and lost 7 lbs over the weekend. Soon you'll be eating "normal" food, so look forward to that!

Joy - That dress is soooo fairy-tale wedding!! If I had to design the perfect dress for the perfect wedding, that would be it! Congrats on the size 11 and looking awesome for your wedding day!

Kathy - Congratulations on hitting the 20 lb mark!! It's weird, isn't it? Whenever I hit a mark like that, I look back and try to imagine carrying that extra weight around, and I just can't imagine it. I picked up a 20 lb. bag of dog food just to see what it felt like, and I couldn't believe how heavy it was. Our bodies are thanking us, I think.

As for myself, I struggled a lot in the last couple of weeks: vacations, summer outings, etc... but I'm finally back on track, and below my lowest weight again. I was starting to think It was impossible to get back on track. I was on that cycle where I worked really hard for a few days, lost a lb, and then binged because I was so happy I'd lost. Horrible!! I've also started weighing myself backward at the center. It is a little easier on me, since they seem to be "messing up the scale" a lot lately.

I haven't been working out like I should because I started a new job in addition to school part-time. I have an evening shift until 9 or 10, so I come home exhausted. Fortunately, I think all the running around at work is doing the trick. Weird! My birthday's coming up (9/10/02), and I promised myself a long time ago that when I go out that weekend, I will have some kind of treat I haven't had since starting LA. Birthday cake or something. Just so long as I work really hard until then. I think it's do-able
Old 09-05-2002, 02:47 PM   #32  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

well, day 3 has been pretty painless. i have a bit of a cold, so i haven't really wanted to eat anyway. i go for a weigh-in tonight, so i guess i'll see how i did then. wish me luck
Old 09-05-2002, 05:11 PM   #33  

When I did the take off the first time I didnt lose anything...but I lost 5 lbs the first week and 4.5 the second! So....if you dont lose, dont be discouraged!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:22 AM   #34  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

Talking

Good news ladies! I was down 4.25 pounds. way better than i expected...especially since it's almost that TOM for me. I'm on the 5 day ultra express now. that's a lot of food. way more than what i was expecting. i have to say, i'm loving this chocolate crunch la lite...yummy! i'm sure i'll get sick of them before long, but it was a great treat after three days of no sweets.
Old 09-06-2002, 05:59 PM   #35  

congratulations Gringa on the weight loss....way to go. It feels so good doesn't it.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:08 PM   #36  

HELP ME!!!!

I need some help here. I know what I need to do to get in shape. I have a membership to the gym but I just don't have the energy to go. I am finding that my close aren't fitting. I have almost outgrown my pants AGAIN. What do I do. I find myself getting overwelmed with eveything. I met a man that is very understanding but he seems to be able to eat anything and not gain one ounce. I know this something that only "I" can do but I just need something to spark that fuse. I don't have the money to pay for LAWL again. God I wish that I did. I just feel like crying some days because I have let myself get so heavy again. What should I do??

Karen
Old 09-06-2002, 06:18 PM   #37  

Way to go Gringa!!! That is a great first week! Good luck on the 5 day ultra express. I do not know what that one is....does it use juice too? The chocolate crunch are my favorite bars!!! And I never got sick of them!!!

Karen-
Do you still have the plans from LAWL that you can follow from home? Do you have enough self control to actually follow them or do you need the accountability that going to the center provides?

I have my first WW weigh in tomorrow...I am anxious to see how week one turned out! Any loss would make me happy, but I would especially love to see a pound or two. It is that TOM so I am not sure what to expect! *keeping fingers crossed*

I found this on a WW website, I know that LAWL doesnt use points, but the message is still the same.

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down
And you feel like the biggest failure in town;
When you want to give up just because you gave in
And forget all about being healthy and thin;
So what! You went over your points a bit;
So don't you quit!

It's a moment of truth,
It's an attitude change;
It's learning the skills to get back in your range;
It's telling yourself "You've done great up till now;
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal;
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace
If you summon the will to get back in the race;
But, often the strugglers, when losing their grip
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip
And learn too late when the damage is done
That the race wasn't over and they still could have won.

Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow
But facing each challenge will help you to grow;
Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint in the cloud of doubt.

When you're pushing to the brink,
Just refuse to submit;
If you bite it you write it...But don't you quit!

Last edited by Jibbelle; 09-06-2002 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:15 PM   #38  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

thanks for the encouraging poem...stuff like that always hits home for me. Karen, believe me, i do know how you feel. i have done no telling how many diets, then i'll slip and not get back on track and regain all my weight and then some. the only reason i finally joined LAWL was because my mom was diagnosed with diabetes. it scared me so much that i decided i had to take action. i'm cautiously optimistic about LAWL simply because of the accountability. as for the gym part, i know it's hard, but you can do it. i do cardio 3 times per week and lift weights 3 times a week. (i'm doing the body for life workouts) i also started doing yoga recently. what worked to get me back into the gym was making myself get up very early and do it before anything else. within a week or so, my energy was up. it really helps as a stress relief too. sorry for babbling on so much but i hope this helps. good luck. you can do it.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:26 AM   #39  

I just finished week one on WW and I am down 3 lbs! WOOHOO I am almost back to the 50 lb mark. Their scale was 5 lbs higher than the one LAWL used! I am hoping that next week I hit 238 again.

Gringa-
I bet you fly by that Halloween goal by mid October. Keep it up girl!
Old 09-07-2002, 10:47 AM   #40  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

Wow Jibbelle, that's great! I know you're excited to start losing again. Way to go.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:55 AM   #41  

I think this is the 3rd time I have lost these few lbs! Third time is the charm though right??

Old 09-07-2002, 01:06 PM   #42  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

yeah, but just look at where you are compared to a year ago...i mean, you have lost 50 pounds and kept it off. that's wonderful
Old 09-07-2002, 01:23 PM   #43  

It is great! You will be there soon too!
Old 09-08-2002, 09:36 AM   #44  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

quick question...does anyone have the LAWL cookbook? do you know how much it costs? is it worth buying??? i love to cook, so i thought it might be something i was interested in. please let me know if you guys have any imput!
Old 09-08-2002, 09:55 AM   #45  

I do not have the current cookbook, but I have a much older one. I think the new one is $28 regular price. They occassionally have specials or coupons for it though. You can also frequently find them for sale on Ebay also.

Our center has one out on the counter and I browsed through it a few times. Maybe you can do the same!
Closed Thread