Old 01-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #46  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

MrsS, DH is a stay at home dad, so fortunately he takes care of dinner most nights for the kiddos and him, and I take care of mine. When I wasn't dieting, he took care of dinner 1/2 time for all of us, I did the rest (or we just ate out quite a bit). When I do ground turkey (turkey burgers, meatloaf, or turkey chili) we all eat it together. if I do fish, DH & I eat it. But the rest of the fam can't get with my boneless skinless chicken breasts almost every day.

Arkantana, I just realized, you are only a few lbs more than my entire goal weight! Good for you! Are you small framed? 5'7 and 130 seems small for a large framed person like me.

equine, how did the interviews go? Nice job with the eating. Hope you feel better son!! ikwym about passport photos. it's like the DMV. There's an unwritten rule somewhere. Their cameras are not technically capable of taking a non-ugly picture!

Good to see you, Jillian, keep on going!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #47  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Erin,
I am a small frame. I was always "that skinny girl" growing up and when I say skinny I mean like a stick, no curves. Ha Ha I hated it! Wish someone would call me that now.

Alannah,
I've thought about getting my passport as well. I'm just under Canada so a short trip out of the states would be nice. Good luck on the job search.
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:38 AM   #48  
Back in the saddle!

Quick post this morning, ladies. I had fun playing with my signature last night.

Tonight I'm s'posed to go have a couple drinks with some pals. I'm a little uneasy. I haven't had ANYTHING to drink but water (with or without lemon) and 1 sip of milk in a couple weeks. I'm thinking tonite I will play it safe and do 1 drink and then switch to diet coke. It's just too early to fidget with alcohol for me. That messes up my water retention BAD usually.

Oh, btw, TGIF!!!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #49  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all.

great job erin for meeting your goal!

i did a double workout today and don't have much on the agenda for today or the weekend since the weather is suppose to be pretty nasty starting tonight. thankfully, DH doesn't have to leave like he was originally suppose to on saturday for more training. so i'm excited about that. the darn army keeps steal all of our precious time together...which is dwindling by the second.

hope everyone has a nice weekend!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #50  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Erin...I'm glad you don't have to cook two meals. My motto is "if mom doesn't eat it mom doesn't cook it!" The kids are too young to cook so I guess they are eat'n with me )

I had a cosmo over the weekend....went straight to my head!! not sure if it's the healthy eating or what...but watch out with it. I think I'll lay off the cocktails until spring break! Have fun tonight!!

I have a busy day...lunch and snacks are packed! Lets home I can resist the drive throughs...boy i miss McDonald's sweet tea!!! I can't imagine how many calories are in that sucker *cringe*

have a great friday
~kelly
MrsSassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I have got to do something to get back on track. I know what to do it is just a matter of doing it. I am not lazy just busy. I did find my 30day shred DVD this morning laying in the middle of the living room. I could not find it for the past 2 months. My youngest must I found it stuck somewhere but I thought if that is not a sign I do not know what is. Also it is suppose to be 60 degrees here tomorrow so I will walk/jog and go to the park with the kiddos. That should help.

So I am going to stop with the sweet treats and start exercising.

Ok so now I re-joined the dailyplate and will start loging all of my foods and keeping track of my calories and exercise that way. It should help. Today is pretty eye opening in that is it 2:30 and all I can have is about 319 calories for the rest of the day. Might be hard but I will try to manage.

Last edited by sweetandspicy; 01-22-2010 at 02:26 PM.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #52  
Arkantana

Hello all,
It was a sad start this morning as many people came out and lined Main St. with flags to honor a fallen Marine as the funeral procession drove by. Kinda silly that it takes a death to get that type of outpouring when there are many that complete tour after tour with little thanks at all.

My added goal for 2010 is to say "Thank you" to every service member I come in contact with. I know that it is a tremendous sacrifice for not only the service member but their entire family. So let me start by saying thanks to all of you who are sacrificing in some way on behalf of all the rest of us.

But the way people of all ages, and lots of Scouts stood out in 30 degree temps for over two hours waiting to show their appreciation.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #53  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Arkantana, what part of Montana are you in?

Hi all, I am just lurking, still not really dieting or anything. I am making some huge changes in my life right now, and I think that I am going to have to just do my best for a little while until things settle down.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #54  
Arkantana

Repo Girl,
I'm in Bozeman and I also have a friend who has a mom in Rexburg, small world.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:53 AM   #55  
Katie

Height: 5'1

And I have friends in Bozeman! We come to MT several times each summer to dig for for crystals at Crystal Park above Polaris. If we ever leave Idaho, it will be to move to MT. I love the energy there. I really like Bozeman and Helena.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #56  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey all,
Stopping by to say hello.
Wish everyone a great weekend.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #57  
Back in the saddle!

woo hoo! Big loss this morning (1.6 lbs). Hope it sticks.

Had fun with the gals last night and stuck to my plan. 1 drink (jack & diet coke) and then water or diet coke. Did the elliptical and ate a light dinner when I got home.

today I get my first self-reward -- hair cut and high lights. Yay me!

Katie & Jennifer, we have close friends who live in Kalispell. They love it there (so do we). It's gorgeous!

Amy M, nice plan with the daily plate. It really is eye opening, isn't it?

Jillian, enjoy your time with DH. And like Jennifer said, thanks for your sacrifice.

MJ, same to you!

MrsS, I had the same reaction as you -- didn't take too much to feel the buzz last night. I agree, I'll lay low on the drinking for a while.

Last edited by green0923; 01-23-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #58  
Back in the saddle!

Quick question: Anyone know anything about "orzo" (sp?) bread? I have a couple girlfriends who are lifetime WW maintainers, and they were telling me about orzo bread. (Or at least that's how I heard it.) It's about 4-5" across, about 100 cal/serving, and loaded with fiber. But I can't find it anywhere online.

Anyone familiar with this product?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #59  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

erin and jennifer--thanks for the comments on thanking service members. being an military spouse is the hardest jobs i've ever had to do, but i love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. i'm so proud of my husband and what he does for our family and our country.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #60  
Back in the saddle!

Btw, talked to my gf -- "orowheat" sandwich crisps is the bread they were talking about. 100 cal, 6g fiber for 2 crisps. Anyone tried these?