Friends and Losers: Jan 18-24, 2010

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • i had a hard time finding this thread...so where will you all start a thread next week? the newbie is confused.

LOVE chocolate! we did my daughters room in bubble gum pink and chocolate...is so goregous. I wanna move in to it!

today is going GREAT...therapy was a freak'n B**** but it's my last week and i'm so happy! Once my foot is better I can really crank up the cardio to help with the diet. I really want to loose 15 more before florida in 7 weeks.

Someone posted yesterday the link to la to your door or something like that, and i printed the diary page they have. Been writing everything down today...and it's a big help! I've been so good these last three days. I hope the scale agrees on friday.

how often do you all weigh yourselves?
  • I agree, This is hard to find and I had already been here this morning. Mrs.Sassy, I weight every 3-4 days but may start every 7 so I can see better results at once. Good luck with the foot. My best bud broke her ankle in several places several months ago and is also going to therapy. She found the bicycle is the best resort to her workouts for now. Still not comfortable but not excruciating as treadmill.
  • Thanks!
    I sprained both ankles and broke the fifth metatorsal in my left foot. Then in the midst of recovering I had a complete hysterectomy! looooong three months! so glad I'm moving past it. I swear it aged me 5 years with the 20 lbs i packed on. Oh well.... I'm doing something about it now!

about to make veggie meatloaf from the LAWL cookbook. I change it up a bit, but it's a family favorite!
  • Ugh! I had a hard time finding this too. Hopefully it'll get better. Kim, you're right, guess next week we need to do LAWL Friends and Losers ... to differentiate.

MrsS, I weigh daily just for my own accountability. Weight does definitely fluctuate, and it's a good way to make yourself crazy, but for me, it works. I found that if I don't weigh daily, then it is easier for me to justify slipping b/c I'll have a couple days before I weigh again. I "count" my weekly weigh in; but I weigh daily.
  • Agreed, this sort of sucks.

NEWBIES! Be sure to save this page in your favorites once you are here. It will be a pinch to find it next time!
  • Hey, I finally found you guys... Man, what's up with that? I would think that someone would have sent a PM to some of the recent posters to let them know about the change and/or how to find it again...

The longer I staying OP, the better choices I'm making. I like being accountable again, it's been such a long time and I feel like I"m back in the swing of things.

Man, MrsSassy ~ you've had a **** of a 3 months. Hopefully you're over the hump and only good things are in store for you...

Repro: How are the parents taking your news?
  • Sassy - yikes and wazoo! What a couple of months!

Sy - good point, although I did see a post from one of the moderators that we were being moved, but it wasn't up for very long before they actually did it! I just sent a PM to Joni, Nicole, Kristin, and AmyNJ so that they will know where to find us.

I have been to the gym almost every day for the past week! Yay me! I am mixing it up pretty well between cardio and weights, and I took Sunday off, and tomorrow will be an off day too. My muscles are finally settling down - two nights ago I could hardly sleep, they hurt so much, LOL. Still no progress on the sclae though, but that will come.
  • morning all.
  • Hey Jiillian!
  • hello kim!
  • Kim - thanks for the heads up on the new location! I was wondering how long it was going to take them to demote us.....they really do run a good website so we can't complain.....we'll just have to put LAWL Friends in the thread name. I did re-save the "General Diet Plans and Questions" to my favorites.

Amy - cracked me up......

Made it to Zumba class on Monday, a couple miles on the treadmill last night and then killer spin class this morning. Two more gym days and I'll have met my 5 times this week goal!!
  • Kim, you are a sweetheart for PMing others. I hope you know that my comment was not directed towards you, I was thinking moderator when typing my comment... If I didn't read your message, I would have been lost. I wasn't quite sure what it meant, but I got it now.
  • Good morning ladies! I thought I already posted once-but it isn't showing up. Anyway-I'm just kepp plugging away at this program-even though I slip-up-I'm getting right back on with minimal self-loathing! And now that TOM is over-I am showing another small loss-so yay!

It's really crazy at work today so i'm just going to do another burn day. Eating low carb/low cal is so much easier at work or on really busy days. Weekends are much harder. Especially lazy weekends like the one I just had!

We're getting into the time that New Year's resolutions are starting to go by the wayside so GEAR UP LADIES! Be strong. Plan. Concentrate on your goals.

Okay-that's all I've got! I'll check back later.

BTW Erin-you're doing great!
  • Woo hoo hump day, ladies!

Nice to see you, Katie. How are things going?

Kim and Joni, my idols of exercise!! Great jobs! I have been doing the elliptical almost daily (min. 5 days/week is my goal). I'm now up to just under 3 miles. I know it's not a marathon or anything, but it's huge progress for a (former) lazy bum like me!

sy, ikwym about the accountability. I am thinking back to when I did this in 2006. The weight literally fell off me because I stuck to the plan and held myself accountable. The other times I tried this since then were just half-hearted. I wasn't really into it. But I really feel like I am into it now. I was driving into work this morning thinking, "This isn't as bad as I made it out to be. What took me so long to get back into it?"

JM, thanks for the kudos. Back at ya. I'm so proud of your very healthy perspective -- no self-loathing. That's the tough part for the old me. Throwing away an entire day or week for one small slip up. Nonsense! If I want this to be a way of life, I need to deal with things like occasionally slipping up, right?

So, stress city for me at work right now. On top of that, the donuts and fancy schmancy bagels in the hall have been calling me. So far I've been able to say no. But goodness, EVERY DAY?? Next week will be a real challenge. I'm in this large group project where they're catering in breakfast, lunch and dinner all week. I HAVE TO STAY STRONG!!!

My guilty pleasure confession for today ... Netflix instant queue has made doing the elliptical oh so much easier!
  • yes the thread is hard to find. I was not sure what happened. I guess we really need to start posting regualarly so the thread is easy to find and Katie had a wonderful point to save it in favorites. I hope everyone is doing well and continues to post because I look forward to reading each and everyone.