3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Friends and Losers: Jan 11-17, 2010

Old 01-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #46
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

hey all...happy Friday!

I am doing okay with my food...need to hit the gym this evening.I went to our doc for a prescription refill and he was amazed at how much weight i lost ...and all my routine blood work came out amazing good!
A BMI drop from 34+ to 26 can do wonders to our body and mind...and I am glad I made that lifestyle change.

When I think about that extra 42lbs I carried with me...makes me wonder WTH was I thinking!!!!Can't imagine anything tasting that good to have done this to myself!!!!!!

Anyways...for anyone who is feeling a bit discouraged and thinking of giving in to temptations...you can't even begin to imagine what bliss awaits you at the end of the road...I am still 23 lbs away my ideal body but I am already feeling great...so stay on track!

Have a great weekend!

loving life once again...Thanks LAWL
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #47

MomofThree: I would love to weigh 160 (I did get down to 132 once about 21 years ago, and boy was I skinny). Just looking at your stats with envy.

I didn't have anything to bring for my lunch today. I went to the grocery store at lunch, got some already cooked shrimp from the seafood section (1/2 thawed) and nuked it for about 1 minute in the microwave. Also got a little salad (lettuce) from the salad bar (no dressing or goodies on it). I used spray dressing (which I did have on hand). I think I pulled out a pretty good OP lunch. I'm stuffed!

Well, everyone else have a great weekend. I have a baby shower to go to, and I'm picking up the cake. I have to convince myself that I can handle the food I'll encounter this weekend and eat sensibly (is that a word?). Please send me OP vibes for the weekend...

Goal for Life = 160
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #48
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Sy, have fun at the baby shower! Sounds nice! And great NSV with the OP lunch.

MJ, you are so right. And what an inspiration. Congrats!

Nicole & JLem are my heroes! Great job, ladies!

Momof3, I can't wait to be where you are. But I know how frustrating it is to pack on lbs so quickly. I'm sure they'll fall off!

Kim, how fun! I know it will be great when you get your bathroom all done. so nice to have a handyman at home.

Amy, my DH is pretty good about helping around the house too. Such simple pleasures in life.

MrsS, great idea packing your lunch. Man, I think if all I ate at McD's was a happy meal I would not have quite as much weight to lose, though

Equine, woo woo! Have fun on your date! And with the MIL. That sounds really nice.

As for me, I'm at 4-1/2 days of success OP, with the elliptical each day. I will keep on trucking. The scale's showing me a payoff. No big plans this weekend but I hope to relax at some point, put my feet up, and watch a movie or two. It's been a crazy week at work -- I need it!

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Mini-Goal 2: 11 more lbs by St. Patty's Day (2/15-3/17)

Overall: -32

Mini-goals #1-A & 1-B met early!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #49
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

taking the family out for the day today...heading to McCormick place for the RV boat show. Challenge is to "cheat responsibly!"
MrsSassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #50
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

"cheat responsibly"-I like that!

As for me-I up a little but have MAJOR TOM going on right now-so i'll have to wait a few days to see if I successfully got back on track. I think I may just do another BURN day today since I don't feel like eating anyway.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #51
Back in the saddle!

Finally feeling really good today. one full week with no fast food. Shamefully, I can't recall the last time I ate healthy for a solid week. it's been a while.

Scale showed me down 1.8 lbs more today, but I'm not going to change the sig until I weigh in tomorrow morning. I slept in quite a bit today, and it's possible it's a water issue. But we'll see.

Hope everything had a pretty close to OP weekend.

JM, I get the TOM thing. I started this diet on the tail end of TOM, so it was a rough first couple days. Hope the next few days turn around!

MrsS, how did the responsible cheating go?

Mini-Goal 2: 11 more lbs by St. Patty's Day (2/15-3/17)

Overall: -32

Mini-goals #1-A & 1-B met early!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:02 PM   #52
Amy

Just as a heads up... Kashii now makes granola! It's called Kashii Go Lean Crisp. I haven't tried it yet, but I LOVE granola, and this is a healthier version!!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:19 AM   #53
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

the responsible cheating was "okay". My husband is mexican and we LOVE or mexican food!! Havent had it in two weeks. So we ordered chicken tacos instead of steak, and I had flour instead of corn (not sure if that helped) and NO CHIPS. It was soooo good! I had one and a half tacos and it was enough. My hubby didn't have as much self control, lol. But overall we did well.

FYI Erin...I don't think I've ever gone a solid week either..and that includes my first time around on this lossing 50lbs. I think to keep sane , for me at least, I have to responsible cheat one meal a week!

~Kelly
Old 01-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #54
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone,
Really happy to have today off to get some things done or not. I'm starting week three a bit discouraged. I started Jan 4 and lost a few (169 to 162) but for the the past week I have been stuck at 162. I thought I was doing pretty good with the exercise (treadmill) and eating but no change lately. Is this normal? I have to admit that all the talk about 30 day shred got me curious enough to run out and buy it but I only made it through the first half. I'm going to give it another shot as soon as I can walk again
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #55
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

Arkantana...I dropped quickly the first TWO days..and it's been slow since. but every couple of days it drops a tad more. ) Just stay focused...the plan works!
If you are working out, muscle weighs more than fat....i'm not expert but that could be part of it maybe?
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.