Friends and Losers Jan 4-10

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Katie, you may have shared this is the past, but I'm curious to hear what your dreams are? I'm happy for anyone that follows their dreams, and I'm sure that giving up your business was a BIG decision. Can you share it?

Thanks for the confirmation on the 1/2 of protein, it will make it feel more like I'm not cheating. I'm bad in the way that it's either all or nothing and I'm trying to get over that.

Jillian, your doing great with the Shredding... Good for you!
  • Good morning...just a quick check in.It is Friday + my Bday...so busy busy busy!
    It is bitterly cold here but I am planning to do some self-pampering...DH has planned some surprise for the evening...all i know we dining out and watching New moon.

Sy- It is my personal opinion but I would rather get the new numbered plan portion sizes.LAWL changed their existing plans for better results I guess.
    As for example- 1% cottage cheese - 1 cup = 1 protein
    baked chicken skinless - 3 oz = 1 protein etc.
  • Good for you Katie! I am so happy for you!
  • MJ, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like a nice plan for the evening. MJ, do you know where I can find the Numbered Plans?

Once I complete this comment, I'll check to see what I can find on the threads. What you stated, make more sense to me. Wonder what else has changed?
  • Happy Birthday MJ!!!

Well, will be shredding this evening. The AM thing was not happening today. So, my exciting Friday evening will be to exercise, then take down the Christmas tree, including the Christmas Village underneath. Livin' the high life, huh? LOL.
  • On MJ's suggestion on the Numbered Plans. I searched google.com and this website and can't seem to find of the LA Plans by numbers. Anyone here have something they could send me via eamil, or feel like posting here? Or, if you already know where it's posted, let me know the link?
  • Sigh! I am finding myself back here today because I seriously lost sight of my weight loss journey. Some of you may remember me from a couple of years back. I struggled and managed to lose more weight than I had ever imagined with all of your support. However, the last year and half has been difficult for me. I have gained ALL of my weight back, plus about 10 extra pounds. My husband and I recently separated this past December, and I really need to get myself back on track. The thought of someday possibly re-entering the dating scene is scary enough, but re-entering it overweight and with a muffin top is EVEN more scary!! Haven't decided what plan I'm going go with this time, but this was the first place I thought to come. Still have all of my old LAWL material, so I may give it a whirl again. One thing I know for sure, exercise is a MUST this time!! That is one place I failed last time, and so it made it harder to keep the weight off once I lost it.
  • hey Wendy! good to see your post. sorry to hear about you and your husband. how are your girls? i'm back in SD now. i miss NC alot sometimes.
    i had another baby this past april too, so i'm trying to get back to where i was (which was about 8lbs from my ultimate goal.)

post often! we're here to help and support you again!
  • Sy - I just bumped up an old thread for you - LAWL menu plan drop sequence.

AndreaMarie was a counselor who posted a lot of info last year - hope it helps!

Hi Wendy! Good to see you again - sorry you've had a tough year. Jump back in with the rest of us - we're all here for each other as usual.
  • Hey Jillian! The girls are doing okay for the most part. My 8-year-old is having the hardest time with the separation, but the 4-year-old still seems to be her happy go lucky self. My husband and I each have the girls equal time (alternating weeks), so I think that is helping with them missing either one of us too terribly much. And, congrats on the baby! I'm sure you'll be back down close to that goal weight in no time!!

Kim - Thanks so much!!
  • i just wanted to pop back in and join in....i am starting take off today...i started on the 4th....
    first wt in: 178
    goal feb 1, 10 pounds off (mini goals)
    hope to here from all of you....i am doing the old gold plan....it wokred the best for me...
    ~susan
  • Kim: You're awesome for finding that thread and bumping it up for me. I really do appreciate it.

Wendy: Welcome back. Sorry about your marriage. Glad your back. I just revisited last week for the first time after several years. I can't image getting back into dating again, but I wish you the best of luck. And, BTW - being back to posting here again is making me feel good about things already.
  • Wendy!! Welcome back... must be something in the air as I just jumped back on for the first time in a few years too.. It's great to 'see' you again. I went from 250 to 150 when I wrapped up LAWL.. as of January I had put 40 of that back on but the thought of seeing that 200 on the scale which I swore I would NEVER see again shocked me into action. I also like January as a mental way to really get yourself into a 'new' plan. Don't be too hard on yourself..with all you have had going on priority is you and the girls.. not what you look like.. we'll get you back to where you want to be and support you with everything else
    Jillian I got up feeling like crap after curling last night till midnight but knew I was accountable to you and Mama Nicole so dragged my butt to the DVD and did my Shred and then the BL Weight Loss Yoga with Bob.. had a great smoothie and making some supper for my girls night with my daughters as daddy is gone for the weekend.
    Katie.. thrilled for you and Kim I was so bummed about de decorating from Xmas I told my husband I was going to go to the dollar store and load up on Valentine's Day decorations!
    To the other ladies and our occasional Dan.. be good to yourself this weekend and stay on track.. won't it be nice to know on Monday that we stuck to plan and beat the scale and the measuring tape!
  • Hey everyone.. It's so nice to see some old names and some new names around here! We haven't hit 5 pages in forever it seems!

I had a great first part of my day today. My friend and I went shopping for awhile, then out for lunch and back to her place for coffee and a chat. It doesn't sound like much but it was fun! It's nice to get out once in awhile.

Starting next week I am getting back to walking again. I can't walk outside in the winter up here cause it's just too cold and I live on quite a hill and if slippery there's just no doing it on foot safely. Not for me anyway. I'd hurt myself for sure. So we have a new indoor track here that is open most days to the public for free so my friend and I are going to start going there 2-3 times a week. I even re-activated my MP3 and downloaded a few new songs so if I go by myself I can boogie while I walk

I'll check in later...have a great day!
  • Kristen!! I got all the way down to 126 in 2007, and now I'm back up around 170. You'd think I would have been shocked into action LONG ago!! ESPECIALLY, since I donated all my bigger clothes to Good Will. Alright, time to get accountable. Weekend's are a crappy time to start anything new, so on Monday I resolve to weigh in and get back to work. Woohoo!!