3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Friends and Losers Jan 4-10

Old 01-06-2010, 08:27 AM   #31
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all. i challenged nicole to another round of the 30 day Shred and today was day 1! it was time for me to change up my workouts so what better way than to challenge others?
anyways, life is crazy around here as usual. hope everyone is doing well.

"Exercising is like brushing your teeth...it's just something you have to do everyday."

"Success often comes from doing ordinary things with extraordinary commitment."
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #32
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie View Post
Katie-didn't realize you were trying EODD! How's it going for you so far? I did burn day yesterday and was having a hard time in the afternoon-I was so hungry I went ahead and had dinner at 4:30 .. . . .stuck to plan though, so oh well! The only bad thing so far is that I'm already a little sick of apples. I have to eat so many . . . .

Hey Sy-I remember you too! Congrats on getting back into it-there's a lot of that going on around here.

Something I'm trying now is to not let my diet (healthy or not) rule my life. If I can be 100% on my plan and be happy-wonderful. But if being 100% means I'm getting obsessive or avoiding social events-then it's not good. Does that make sense? On the same token-eating everything in site and letting my addiction rule me isn't good either. I just want to find a balance.
I am just doing it based on some stuff I read online. Why do you have to eat so many apples?

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #33

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

My dh is doing 30 day shred .He is on day 4 and it kills him every day still. He is a little unclear if he is supposed to do the shred every day or what?

After reading the reviews I MAY do the shred myself for the toning aspects but I am doing cardio weights 3x a week and swimming/ab work the other 3. Not really sure how I can fit another work out in..

That def was plan 2, I started on that plan and now have been on plan 1 for forever! I need the Lunas or I can't stick.

Anyone else feel like they have been op FOREVER? I never wanted to be a lifelong dieter but here I am! It is my own fault because I get to a point, go on vacation go hog wild then start over again. Right now I am trying to shrink a size in 5 weeks for Hawaii.... The song that never ends.
Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #34

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Default New year - New approach

Checking in...... Easing back in the swing of it one foot at a time. This is the year of changes..... Nuff said

(updating info later when I am not on my phone........and in the tub....)

zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #35

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
I am just doing it based on some stuff I read online. Why do you have to eat so many apples?

EODD...?? Every other day diet? I am doing The Alternate Day Diet, James Johnson, MD. Got the book. Very interesting read. I have lost 7 on it. Before holidays. My sister last 14. I would love to start a thread of it's own.

zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #36
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambejaly5 View Post
Checking in...... Easing back in the swing of it one foot at a time. This is the year of changes..... Nuff said

(updating info later when I am not on my phone........and in the tub....)
Only a mom of 5 can multi task like that!!! I love it

So, yeah, Jillian challenged me to another round of the 30 day shred. This time we actually started on the same day. If anyone wants to join, please do I wanted to share a bit of my morning with you all, and how I almost didn't get my workout in. I woke up at 6:00 a.m. (not a morning person) and could not find my workout shoes to save my life. I decided I would have to go without them, cuz I had made the committment to work out today. I made coffee, sat down w/ computer and was feeling pretty proud that I even made it out of bed....when low and behold, my 14 yo DD comes up the stairs to ask for a ride to school because she had missed the bus. It is now 6:40....so I have to put off my WO to drive her to school. I get home at 7:00 and figure, I can hurry up, still get it done, and get showered, other kids ready, and make my 8:30 appt......knew it would be rough, but doable. I go to put the DVD in, and cannot, for the life of me, figure out the new AV disaster DH has set up..new TV, new satelite receiver, and old DVD player w/ no remote. I had three remotes to control these devices, but could not figure it out....I was almost in tears.........ready to give up.....when tada...........it finally worked!!!! So, I stood my barefoot body up, and got it done. It was then that I realized that no matter what happened this morning, I was going to make it work to take care of me and my health......and although I had to endure a lot of frustration......I did it, and it felt REALLY good. I learned today that this is only going to happen if I make my health a priority, and over the last several months, I think I have truly grown and learned to change my mind to make that possible. I owe a lot of my attitude to Jillian....who has held my hand, and gotten me over the hump, to a place where I can see and feel the psychological rewards of working out. I needed her to push me and stay on my $hit long enough to really feel it...........what a great friend she truly is She has been working out faithfully since JUNE!!!! I have been since Aug, with a slight siesta over the holidays......and my whole attitude is soo much better!!!!

Anyway.........my phone is ringing now, so I will finish my endless post later...........just wanted to remind you all, that you are so worth the time..........go work out today.,
XOXO

Official Ticker:

10/14/2013----game ON! 213
Weekly Losses with Official WI day on Mon:
Week 1 Oct 21: WI 210.4 Loss: 2.6 lbs.
Week 2 Oct 31: WI 209.4 Loss: 1.0 lbs.
Week 3 Nov 4: WI 208.8 Loss: 0.6 lbs. WW
Week 4 Nov 11: WI 208.2 Loss: 0.6 lbs.
Week 5 Nov 18: WI 203.2 Loss: 5 lbs
Week 6 Nov 25: WI
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #37
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi Ladies
Been forever since I've said 'hi' but I do see some of you on Facebook. Jillian and Nicole have sucked my post holiday flab back into 30 day shred too so I just did Day one and also tried the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga that has been in a wrapper for a month.. Bob can be almost as cruel as Jillian Michaels! Talk about shaking muscles!!
We are also working on clearing, purging the basement as I think I need a totally clean environment and body. I haven't been on LAWL for about 2 years but have been doing the Eat Clean Diet too.. basically make your food as natural as possible so you are eating the least processed. Have to go make some salad and drink a ton of water but will be on here more often to say hi and offer and get support!
Happy New Year All!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #38
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Only a mom of 5 can multi task like that!!! I love it

So, yeah, Jillian challenged me to another round of the 30 day shred. This time we actually started on the same day. If anyone wants to join, please do I wanted to share a bit of my morning with you all, and how I almost didn't get my workout in. I woke up at 6:00 a.m. (not a morning person) and could not find my workout shoes to save my life. I decided I would have to go without them, cuz I had made the committment to work out today. I made coffee, sat down w/ computer and was feeling pretty proud that I even made it out of bed....when low and behold, my 14 yo DD comes up the stairs to ask for a ride to school because she had missed the bus. It is now 6:40....so I have to put off my WO to drive her to school. I get home at 7:00 and figure, I can hurry up, still get it done, and get showered, other kids ready, and make my 8:30 appt......knew it would be rough, but doable. I go to put the DVD in, and cannot, for the life of me, figure out the new AV disaster DH has set up..new TV, new satelite receiver, and old DVD player w/ no remote. I had three remotes to control these devices, but could not figure it out....I was almost in tears.........ready to give up.....when tada...........it finally worked!!!! So, I stood my barefoot body up, and got it done. It was then that I realized that no matter what happened this morning, I was going to make it work to take care of me and my health......and although I had to endure a lot of frustration......I did it, and it felt REALLY good. I learned today that this is only going to happen if I make my health a priority, and over the last several months, I think I have truly grown and learned to change my mind to make that possible. I owe a lot of my attitude to Jillian....who has held my hand, and gotten me over the hump, to a place where I can see and feel the psychological rewards of working out. I needed her to push me and stay on my $hit long enough to really feel it...........what a great friend she truly is She has been working out faithfully since JUNE!!!! I have been since Aug, with a slight siesta over the holidays......and my whole attitude is soo much better!!!!

Anyway.........my phone is ringing now, so I will finish my endless post later...........just wanted to remind you all, that you are so worth the time..........go work out today.,
XOXO

nicole you are AWESOME!! you've totally hit the nail on the head. no matter what life throws at you, you CAN make time for yourself if you really WANT to. this is a life change, not a temporary diet. and because i've finally learned that, that's how come i've been so successful and diligent with everything. exercise is a daily thing for me. eating well is too. it makes me feel better as whole. mind, body and spirit.

and nicole--it's YOU who is doing this for yourself. yeah, i may have kicked your a$$ a few times and given you a few grains of wisdom, but it's you who has chosen to put yourself first and to not give up on yourself no matter what! it's awesome and empowering when you do that. it's a change that you can't and don't want to give up even if you tried. and that's why last year i almost met my goal (before i got preg) and now i'm gonna meet my goal and keep trucking on this journey..because its a lifelong thing. not a WL journey, it's a life journey.

ok..i'm getting off my soapbox now. sorry about going on and on..nicole just brings that out in me! ha!

"Exercising is like brushing your teeth...it's just something you have to do everyday."

Old 01-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #39
WonderWoman

oh and WHOO HOO for all the "oldbies" for getting back on here!

Old 01-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #40
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

you rock Nicole! I would've given up at the ride to school . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #41
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

WTG....Nicole,Jillian, KrispieD...and everyone doing Shed!!!

My weaknesses...
1) Not a morning person
2) Procrastination
3) Not an aerobic person

Those 3 are top of the list but I can dig out couple of more "lame" excuses. I usually try real hard to hit the gym...and I count myself extremely lucky if I can make it 3 times a week.
But I enjoy yoga/pilates/meditation. Most of the weight I lost ...credit goes to healthy eating and temptation control.But these days I surprise myself by pushing myself to harder limits of endurance and flexibility while trying yoga/pilates moves. I guess the diet helped me reach my fitness goals...but I am happy as long as I can do a few incredible moves and "wow" my gym-mates...lol.

loving life once again...Thanks LAWL
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #42
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Well, I was going to do the Shred today anyway - I'll jump on this bandwagon too.

Day 1= tonight!

Lost 3.4 lbs on TO, and will now spend 2 more days trying to avoid bounceback.
Mini Goal #2

Mini Goal #1 18lbs
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #43

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Good going all you shredders! I think I'm going to actually put the Biggest loser DVD's that I bought into the DVD and do at least one of them tonight.
I am inspired by the comments here and watching the biggest loser last night.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #44
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Great job to everyone on their shredding! I am going to try and get going on mine too a bit. I am also going back to my walking but where its so icy here I am going to try the free indoor track we have here now. They close it now and then for events but I am aiming to get over there 3x a week for some walking. If I didn't live on a big hill I might be able to walk more outside but right now I'd step out and likely slide all the way to the bottom on my butt! Its ok to drive on but to walk? not so much LOL

Tomorrow is also purge day. I went today and got fresh fruit and veggies and such so tomorrow I am cleaning the crap outta my kitchen. Stuff thats not opened yet I'll give to my neighbor as her son and his friends will eat it. But I want it away from me!

Hope everyone has a good evening and good luck with your day tomorrow!

equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #45
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow, such good stuff on here today.

Lettie- I, too, do a lot of stuff from the tub. You crack me up! Yeah, it is the every other day diet. Thanks to JM, I will be hitting it hard in the next couple of days.

Nicole- You rock, and I really mean it! Thanks for you words of wisdom today. You too Jillian!

Speaking of BS days, here is mine. I got called to jury duty. I have to report tomorrow. I realized today that my drivers license is expired, so I went to renew it, as they will ask for it at jury duty. Since it is expired by 18 months (stupid, I know), I had to take a written test (passed it), and go back at 6:00 to take a driving test! The driving test instructor reminder me to be sure I had current insurance and registration for me car, or he would be forced to fail me. So I check, and guess what? BOTH are expired! I went straight to the DMV and renewed the registration, then got online and printed current insurance cards. Turns out, my mother was right. Procrastinating can come back to bite you.

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.