Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 06:48 PM   #46  

Hmm...do you two have the same problems with the juice from the center?
Old 08-15-2002, 08:41 AM   #47  
LAWL Center Manager

Talking Shame on Me

Diane, to answer your question, I've been eating mostly chicken and seafood. I love shrimp! I haven't given up any starches yet, and also get beef once per week.

Unfortunately, I just failed miserably yesterday. Right when I'm getting on point...I'm so disappointed in myself. I had a pack of M&M's and a #1 Combo from Wendy's with everything on the single and a Biggie size french fry. Then, I drank the whole Coke behind it. I must admit, it was good! But, I have a weigh in the afternoon. I hope I can redeem myself. I just can't believe I just through in the towel like that after all this time!

Oh well, I guess I'll have to just suck it up and pray that I didn't gain.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:07 AM   #48  

I love shrimp too...but in Missouri it is hard to come by!! I couldnt live farther from the ocean!

I did great yesterday and I am hoping to do as well today and tomorrow so I have a good weigh in on Saturday. I think I am finally past the craving/binging thing. Really...the only off plan thing I had this week was the meal I ate out with the people from work...and I did the best I could.

We will see how Saturday goes!!!
Old 08-15-2002, 03:32 PM   #49  

Default Bleh!

OK, I fell off the wagon a bit during vacation, so I haven't lost a pound In fact, It looks as if I may have gained two. That sucks. But oh well, I'm back to eating right, and trying to up my exercise. I think it was the move from dorm living (at my job) back to the home I share with my BF. Suddenly *I'M* in charge of dinner, and some evenings I'm just too tired to cook somethig healthy.

But I've been doing pretty well this past week. In fact, I discovered something WONDERFUL:

PAM cooking spray + 1 oz 1% cheddar cheese + 1 slice diet bread = a great grilled cheese sandwich! Well, half of one anyways, if you fold it over.

I can't resist high-fat stuff like peanut butter, cheese, and chocolate, so it really hits the spot if I use the cheese for my dairy exchange. And, might I add, PAM is a LIFESAVER. I just bought it last week, and I'm cooking everything with it. I got it in butter and olive oil flavorings. All you need is a tiny spray, and it tastes a lot higher in fat.

So, I think I'm going to buy Turkey Hill's fat free/no sugar ice cream this weekend and see how it stacks up next to Breyer's. Anyone discover any other brands?

As for the juice: both the Hollywood and LA juices make me feel weird, so I try to avoid them. I like the express protein plateau breaker someone mentioned earlier in the summer.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:08 PM   #50  

I have never tried Turkey Hills ice cream. I have had both Edy's and Blue Bunny. I like them both. I also buy North Star fat free sugar free fudge pops. They are yummy and much easier than trying to limit yourself to 1/2 cup ice cream!
Old 08-16-2002, 07:55 AM   #51  
LAWL Center Manager

Default Weigh In Results

Wow! That ice cream sounds yummy!

Well, I braved it out and weighed in yesterday. I'm down only .2#, but I'll take it. I was afraid I had gained after that binge.

I'm just trying to survive today.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:33 AM   #52  

Any loss is a wonderful loss Joy!

I am so glad it is Friday! It has been such a long week. Anyone have any exciting weekend plans?
Old 08-16-2002, 09:58 AM   #53  

Hi Ladies:
Jibbelle, It seems like anytime I try the juice (either one)
it puts me on edge. Sometimes I fight it and try to stick with and other times I give in.
I feel like its a big struggle lately, I am on program 5 days and off 2, but those two days are killing me I am not going down at all.
I know I can do it but I, I have been almost there right.
I am worried about next weekend though we are going away for a couple of days and i really have not been away where I do not have control of the food I have. Any ideas?
Joy do you get on the scale the next day after you have cheated? One time of cheating puts me up like 3 or 4 pounds, then it feels like such a battle trying to lose what I ate and trying to have a lose for the week.
What do you do with all the ice cream left? My husband does not like the fat free, sugar fee stuff. Sometimes I just throw it out.
Diane
04/06/01 201
08/15/ 02 150.6
goal 135
Old 08-19-2002, 01:58 PM   #54  

Hi!

How was everyones weekend? Mines went great! I have broken my 8wk plateau! I lost 3# over the weekend without even really trying! I am so happy! I am on an excellent roll!

Hope everyone has a successful day!

Kathy
Old 08-20-2002, 09:34 AM   #55  

Kathy - Congrats on the 3 lbs! That's awesome! Before you know it, you'll have shed another 3 lbs... then another... and another I'm glad to see you happy after having such a hard time... I know how it goes, too. I overeat, I feel guilty, my weight goes up... so I eat more... feel guilty, repeat

I'm almost back to where I was before I went on vacation, so that's good... but there's peanut butter in the house It's so hard to stay away from. I've tried asking my bf not to keep it in the house, but that's not an option. He's naturally skinny, so he eats EVERYTHING. He routinely eats McDonald's and stuff... it's so hard staying OP around him. But oh well :b The whole world can't be OP just for me.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:16 PM   #56  

Good morning all! I had a great night! I'm still OP thank God!

How's everyone else doing?

xYTx- congrats on getting back to your prevacation weight. lol

Kathy
Old 08-20-2002, 10:21 PM   #57  
LAWL Center Manager

Angry New Look

I really like this new look! It's really cute, but also familiar.

Well, my weekend didn't go too well. I worked out faithfully, but cheated really badly. I weighed in with a 1.4 pound gain. I'm pushing to get rid of it by Friday, and to stay on point from here out. I WILL reach my wedding goal!

3#'s gone - GREAT JOB!

I need that kind of inspiration. Good luck to everyone on the rest of this week. As a challenge, I want to lose 2 pounds before Monday. Wish me luck.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:50 AM   #58  

Good morning all!

I'm on a great high right now! Just back from weighin and I lost another pound! I am doing so well, I almost can't believe it's me. lol

Joy, you can get rid of that 1.4# by Mon for sure!

Where is everyone? How did everyone do on their diet this week?

Chat later!

Kathy
184/169.4/120
Old 08-23-2002, 10:30 AM   #59  
LAWL Center Manager

Default Hello?

Kathy - great job on the loss!

I'm not sure where everyone is either. After maintenance on the site, it seems that no one has yet returned.

Well, I have weigh in today. My scale shows a 2# drop, so I'm hoping for the best when I get to the center. It's going to be hard to reach my wedding day goal, but I haven't given up yet.

Well, I'll check back in after weigh-in. I hope everyone is doing well. Keep us posted!
Old 08-23-2002, 10:54 PM   #60  
LAWL Center Manager

Angry Woo Hoo!!!

Weighed in today with a 2.4 pound loss. I am sooooo happy. I might make my wedding goal after all!
Closed Thread