Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 04:41 PM   #16  

I just weighed in with a loss of 2.4 lbs since Saturday. I am going to be really diligent this week and I bet when I weigh in on Saturday morning I am down some more.

I am off to make a peach shake! (1 whole peach, 1 vanilla shake la lite, milk, and a couple pieces of ice....blend! oh so yummy!)

Last edited by Jibbelle; 08-05-2002 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:18 PM   #17  

Kathy:
I have not gotten anywhere since March I was almost done at one point, then I think I got a little nervous and started adding some of those old habits back. At the center they start taking away things and that makes it all the harder, don't have that stay away from this etc. I think the more they wanted to take away the more I would rebel. So finally last week I said this is not working for me and to but me on hold for a month. The councelor called me that night and said I spent all kinds of money there why don't I try one more thing, the blue plan which has more food on it. So I am going to try it after the three day express.
Jibbelle just have to keep going in the right direction, I might try that peach shake.
Diane
Old 08-06-2002, 09:35 AM   #18  
LAWL Center Manager

Default Hello All

That peach shake sounds yummy! I'll try that tonight. Wow!

Congrats to all you "Expressers". I will admit that I finally got frustrated with staying in the same place for almost a month. I am slowly beginning to come down now, but I think there is something to eating more food. Since I did the express thing, I have had an extra serving of something almost every day. I haven't really gone overboard, but I'm cheated more in the last week than the whole time on the plan before. For instance, I had a pop tart yesterday and the day before. I've also been adding one protein daily. Well, today I'm down another 2 pounds. That's 4 pounds in just over a week!

I think for me that my body needed more protein to burn the fat. The center told me to up my proteins to between 12 & 14 oz. per day. I may be doing a little more than that some days, but I'm very satisfied, and I am losing again. This diet is hard, but I must commend all of you for being so positive and encouraging. This weight thing is a beast! I haven't lost as much as half of you all, and I'm already tired...

Well, thank you all for being there and congrats and we move forward. You all are a cool bunch to communicate with, and it really helps to have a board like this for motivation!
Old 08-06-2002, 12:37 PM   #19  

Hi,

I had a great night last night. I eat OP and I exercised! I'm so proud of myself for sticking to the plan for a day and a half so far! It's such a struggle!

Ranch 1, is a good fast food chain here in NYC that is known for only selling grilled chicken breast. No fried foods. Everything they sell is healthy. it's like a healthy Mcdonalds, to put it loosely.

Joy- congrats on loosing 4#! WooHoo! keep it up!

Diane- good luck on the new plan! I wish I center would try that with me. They don't seem to given think about a new plan, even though i've been binging for 6wks! Obviously something is wrong? Well i'm sticking to the plan until the end (as far as I know. LOL)

Jibbelle- congrats on the 2.4# GONE! and who know's you probably lost more, but since your not weighing in at your normal weigh in time, you won't know until next weigh in. And yes, that peach shake sounds just yummy!

Kathy
Old 08-06-2002, 02:48 PM   #20  

A great on plan day for me so far. Looking forward to my fruit smoothy/shake when I get home! I think I am going to try it with yogurt instead of milk today so it is a bit thicker. Maybe a tiny bit of milk.

Ranch 1 sounds like a pretty good place. I usually look at the dining out guide and look for similar things at other places. Usually restaurants also have some "lighter fare" or "garden fare" or "low fat" or "guiltless" items. I order those with dressings/condiments on the side. You just have to remember that you dont have to eat the whole thing because it is there...restaurants are notorious about serving HUGE portions! I always stay away from Italian restaurants when dining out....they rarely have anything you can eat on plan. A 1/2 cup of pasta isnt too much! And those breadsticks will get ya every time! I cant say no.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:21 AM   #21  

Just back from weight in! I'm down 1# since Mon! I am so happy. My mini goal is 5.8#, I wan to be 169 as soon as possible.

Jibbelle- so how was that smoothy. LOL

Hope everyone had a great night!

kathy
184/174.8/120
Old 08-07-2002, 09:37 AM   #22  

It was yummy...still not thick enough though. Last night I sliced up the peach and put it in the freezer. This afternoon I will try making it with frozen peaches! I will get it perfect soon.

Congrats on the loss! According to my scale I am down a bit from my last weigh in....will see on Saturday!
Old 08-08-2002, 12:02 PM   #23  

Good morning all!

How's everyone's day going so far? I had a pretty good day yesterday, even though I slipped up for dinner. I had chinese food. I tried not to order very starchy food. But I should've have stuck w/ the diet. Woulda, shoulda, coulda, but didn't. I'm trying not to feel guilty about it and just move one.

Jibbelle- I'm going to have to buy when of the vanilla shakes cause your making those smoothies sound awfly good!
Old 08-08-2002, 01:27 PM   #24  
LAWL Center Manager

Default Thicker Shakes/Smoothies

Hi Jibelle. That peach smoothie was a yummy idea! To make all my smoothies thicker, I user no-fat yogurt rather than milk, and frozen fruit. It tastes wonderful. Plus, Dannon and Yoplait both have new no-fat yogurts that have a hint of fruit flavor. To me, it makes the smoothie taste a little better than the flavorless stuff. It's still nasty by itself, though!

Down two more pounds since last weigh in. Thank you Jesus!!!
Old 08-08-2002, 02:00 PM   #25  

Hi All:
Well they gave me the blue plan today, The councelor put me on the ulra express no dairy for five days. She was really good, even though I have been going to the center for over a year, she explained the blue plan to me and made sure I understood it.
Joy great going, all this smoothie talk, I am going to have to pick some shakes up.
Kathy I hope you are having a good day. I have to deal with eleven pounds that I added back on.
Diane
04/06/01 201
08/08/01 150
goal 135
Old 08-08-2002, 02:54 PM   #26  

Joy- congrats on the lose!

Diane- can you explain the blue plan to me?

Ok, there's a Gold plan (i'm on it), a blue plan, a red plan and a purple plan? Anything else? Can someone list what the difference is between each plan?

Kathy
Old 08-08-2002, 05:11 PM   #27  

There are also orange and green plans....one is for kids....men have different plans than women....there is also a vegetarian and diabetic plan! Ah so confusing!
Old 08-08-2002, 07:03 PM   #28  

Kathy:
The blue plan is as follows:
2 1/2 proteins
3 starches
3 fruit
3 veg
2 lites
1 fat
8 oz. of skim milk
The weights for the protein are the same as the gold plan, I enjoyed having the extra starch, the 1/2 protein was a pain because the councelor said I could not add it to dinner or lunch, I had to have it on its own. The dairy I did not have because she put me on the ultra express.
I am looking foward to following this plan, I think the extra starch will help a lot. A lot of the time I found two starches not enough.
Diane
Old 08-09-2002, 09:56 AM   #29  

Good Morning all!

I'm down another pound this week! So I have one more pound to go before I am the weight I was before my pre-binge weeks.

Diane-wow the Blue plan sounds like it would be perfect for me. I wonder why no one at my center has offered it to me. Hmmm, what else is forbidden on the ultra expess diet besides dairy?

Kathy
/184/173.6/120
Old 08-09-2002, 11:48 AM   #30  

Kathy:
On the ultra express there are no frozen foods or fast foods, on the card it does have the limited choices of the starch and protein but she told me not to have it for the next five days.
Diane
Closed Thread