Old 12-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #16  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey all. kinda sucks that it's almost friday and we're still on page 1 on here...miss the long threads and all the peeps that aren't checking in on a regular basis.

hope everyone is doing well.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #17  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Me too Jillian!

Barb- So sorry about your coworker, that is really tough.

Lori- Glad to hear that your dad is okay. It is so scary to see our parents getting older and having health problems, isn't it?

I have had an in home Reiki client for a few weeks now. She was terminal, and she died a couple of days ago. It is a weird thing for me. Her family is so sad, but my sisters and I could see that this is what she wanted. I feel kind of guilty for not feeling bad, I guess. I am just relieved for her. She is my first terminal client, so I guess that maybe this a common way to feel, I don't know. Otherwise, though, I am doing just fine. It was -15 this morning!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Katie, I do think that sometimes we hold onto loved ones past the time it is the best for them to stop fighting. It is an act of love to let them go sometimes. My coworker had one of those heart conditions that kill healthy young people instantly. He died playing football with his family on thanksgiving. I guess you just never know when your time is going to be up, so do what is important to you while you can. I just worry about his family since he has two kids, 6th and 8th grade, and his wife was a stay at home mom, so that has to just rock their world, and not in a good way.

I think I was pretty much close to POP yesterday! I also got up and did the 5:30AM spin class this morning, so I'm feeling like I've got myself back in hand. I decided that it is not that I need to starve myself, I just need to stop over feeding myself.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #19  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Oh Barbara, how sad for your coworkers family. Death is never easy, but during the holidays, and involving kids - that's a tough one.

Katie - I do believe that people get to a point where they are ready to go. My dad was annoyed because it was taking so long (he said so, many times). I think that when you have fought an illness for so long, and then you know that there is no reason to fight anymore, you are just so tired that you want to be free.

Christmas tree lights go up tonight, I have a charity event tomorrow and then decorating the house, Oh, and a 15 page paper to write for my class on Monday night - Busy weekend!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Got our Christmas Tree and some ornaments. My DH apparently has turned into Clark Griswald and our house (if the lights ever turn on) will be amazing to see. For some reason our family is really into decorating this year I hope that is a sign for a good Holiday season.

I am so sorry to hear about death and tagedy. I think that during the holiday season it really takes its toll on people more. However, Katie I think everyone handles death differently. But if she had accepted her fate it would be easier for me to accept as well.

Sorry for not posting regularly. I have checked in a time or two and just not made the effort to post. I will do better in the next few weeks. I really need support and motivation to continue my weight loss path and I certainly depend on you all for those things.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #21  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Sorry I haven't checked in much. Work has been crazy and my personal life has had some ups and downs within the last month.
I also wasn't watching what I was eating this past month very well but this week I got into gear and I have lost two pounds this week. I haven't really had time to exercise but my eating has been all healthy foods this week. I haven't had a drink or junkfood or pop this week. All I am drinking right now is water...water..water...
I have my husbands Christmas party tonight but I am the designated driver so I will probably have one glass of wine tonight. Hopefully they have some healthy foods in the buffet.
Anyways, have a great weekend everyone!!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #22  

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone! I'm doing so much better with weight loss this week...I read this book call Goodbye Fatty Hello Skinny! And though it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know it was blunt enough to give me a kick in the butt...I've got to stop ruining my weekly efforts on the weekends...so the goal is too still have some of those treats just earlier in the day and about half of what I would normally have

On a side note I found my wedding dress today! And I wanted to share pictures cause I am happy and well I can't share with FH obviously! lol

Please ignore the bra straps and the odd look on my face...

And the back...has a pretty long train too..

Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #23  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

you look absolutely gorgeous, kristin!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #24  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hi All

Had a real busy week. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. We have a Xmas party this Sunday from my lab. I am already panicking about going off plan over holidays

Kristin you look so beautiful in that dress

Catch you all later
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #25  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Kristin- Gorgeous dress! You will be a beautiful bride!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote