Old 10-18-2009, 09:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152.5/152.5/120

Height: 5' 0"

Default The diabetes dtour diet by prevention

Has anyone tried this diet? States you eat deliciously to lower your blood sugar, fight dangerous bell fat, and boost your energy! The revolutionary new food cure. Lose 25 lbs in 6 weeks. I have the book, but haven't read it all the way thru yet. Just wondering if anyone else has the book and has tried it???? Please comment if you have or are still using the diet. Thanks ladyfirefighter1
ladyfirefighter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #2  

Default Diabetes Dtour diet

I tried the dtour diet for about 8 weeks. It does work. I lost about 3 inches of belly fat, 10 pounds and my glucose readings were awesome for the entire time. My doctor told me she had never heard of the diet but I should stick with it because it was working. I was doing it online and couldn't afford the monthly fee so I stopped. And I did my usual and started baking and eating whatever I want. I have gained back all the weight but haven't gained back any more. I may treat myself and buy the book.

But to answer your question -- it definitely works if you follow the plan.
mimiladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #3  

I have the book.

I'm not following the diet per sey, but I wanted it to learn more about the 4 nutrients important for diabetes: fiber, omega 3's, vitamin d and calcium. I feel the book is worth it for that information alone, and I am definitely incorporating all four into my eating.

After 10 years of mindless diets I've gone back to the only thing that worked for me, simply reducing calories. I'll be trying some of the recipes in the book, and there are some great tips in it. I'm pre-diabetic, so the info in this book was perfect for me. I think it's a really good book.
tealover is offline   Reply With Quote