How to start?

• Hi i'm autumn and I'm 16 I need to lose 32 pounds but I hace never been on a diet or know what to start out with since I'm such a pickey eater.
  • What about WW? You can eat what you want as long as you count it...you can find all the info you need online...I lost 30 pounds in about 4 months following WW. Good luck!
  • Depends which plan you want to use. I count calories, if that's what you wanted to do, I'd start out by keeping a food journal for a few days. Write down everything you eat, and how many calories are in it. Check to see how big your portions are compared to what is considered a "portion". Look over it after a few days. You will probably be amazed at how many more calories are in things than you thought, and how small a portion actually is. You can set a calorie goal and make cuts from there.

Good luck!
  • At your age, you need to talk to your Dr. You are still developing, I would suggest getting professional health guidance on what foods you need to provide a healthy amount of calories and nutrients while allowing you to slowly reduce your weight.

That being said, you and I are in similar boats. I'm at 177, goal 150, height 5'6..and I'm in Pennsylvania! Good luck dear.