Old 09-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Default I lost 10 lbs. on Fat Smash. Finally, a break through for me...

Hi everyone,

I have been very stalled out in the upper 150s for about 9 months now. During this time, I was diagnosed with hypothyroid and put on synthroid (in May). I was doing all the right things - I eat mostly whole foods and exercise regularly, but I felt like I was fighting tooth and nail just NOT TO GAIN. It was so frustrating, and I finally gave in and just bought some bigger clothes - size 12 pants and large tops.

Although I am not a "diet" person (I'm about the healthy lifestyle), I felt I needed something to boost me - to get the first few pounds off. I started Extreme Fat Smash 1 month ago and followed the 3 week program to a tee. I only had maybe 2-3 very small cheats during the 3 weeks. This week I have continued along the same philosophy (small, frequent meals, whole foods, and exercise), and have lost about 2 more pounds. I weighed in this morning at 145.8 - a 10 lb loss in a month. I am thrilled!

I just wanted to share in case there's anyone out there on a plateau or really struggling to get started. I am feeling so much better and feel that I have the motivation to get the next 10 lbs. off -- 135 is where I feel really good (and all my old clothes will fit again!).
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #2  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations!

Fat Smash is great because it is about healthy lifestyle and not depriving yourself, especially when you get to phase 3. Keep it up!
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #3  

Thanks, Mary Ellen! I am not familiar with the regular FS since I did EFS. EFS has 3 cycles, and I guess regular FS has phases. I may order the regular FS book too just to get some maintenance tips and maybe some new recipes.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #4  
ich bin geliebt

I have never done EFS, but I know that FS seems more attainable and more comparable to real life. Might be worth trying!
Old 09-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #5  

I just looked it up on Amazon and am probably going to purchase it. Getting the 10 lbs. off has been a true breakthrough for me. Maybe I will try regular FS to get off the last 10. How long have you been smashing?
Old 09-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #6  
Must do this!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

Ok...my FS book is in a box because I'm packing to move....it's great to read this b/c I also have hypothyroidism and loosing weight is a little harder. Thanks for posting!
LiL PiXiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #7  

Pixie -Yes, I definitely think the hypothyroid contributed to my gain in the last 2 years and made it REALLY hard to lose. My synthroid has probably started to kick in, but I really credit the regimen of EFS with helping me get started with losing again. I feel so good - like I have broken through a huge plateau. I am upping my portions but still doing the several small meals a day and am still losing.

I'd recommend anyone who is feeling really stuck to give it a try!
Old 09-19-2009, 11:30 PM   #8  
Must do this!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

Cant wait to move...imma dig that book out the box and start it up right away!!! Need to lose weight!!!

I just want to say I'm so happy for you...I can imagine how you feel. Congrats and keep up your hard work!
LiL PiXiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #9  

Thanks, and good luck to you with the move! I despise moving - I tend toward being disorganized, so it's my worst nightmare.

And good luck with the fat smashing too! Just last night my husband pointed out that I seem to have lost my penchant for night time snacking, and I realized he was right. It was really hard for me not to snack during my 1st week, but I suppose FS helped me just used to it. I don't have those nightly munchies anymore -yay. Finally! That's always been a problem for me. Anyway, good luck!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #10  
ich bin geliebt

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
I just looked it up on Amazon and am probably going to purchase it. Getting the 10 lbs. off has been a true breakthrough for me. Maybe I will try regular FS to get off the last 10. How long have you been smashing?
I've done Phase 1 three times since January...but even when I don't adhere to it perfectly I still make healthier choices and it has taught me how to eat better.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #11  

walking2lose- check half.com. they have books CHEAP! and if they don't have it, check back.
congrats on the 10 lbs!!!!
raygunclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #12  

Thanks, Raygun. I will check that out!