3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Old 09-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #61
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hahhaha!!!thatz really funny!!!So rest of those La- desserts any good?I haven't tried any of their desserts yet?

Btw...I found this biscotti recipe online( according to weight watchers). These are 43 cal. I suppose can be considered 1/2 starch according to LAWL-plan.

Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips -- mini
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract -- or Chocolate Extract
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
1/2 cup hazelnuts -- toasted and skinned

GLAZE:

1 large egg white -- Beaten with
1 teaspoon water

Instructions:Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat large baking sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, until blended. Stir in chocolate chips In a medium bowl, whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, zest, extract, and coffee powder, until powder dissolves. Add to flour mixture along with nuts. With wooden spoon, work wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined (dough will be sticky). Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands and on lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough into 14 inch long rope, then transfer to prepared baking sheet. Flatten rope to 1 3/4 inch width. Roll remaining dough into another 14 inch rope, place 3 to 4 inches away from first rope, and then flatten. Brush ropes with glaze. Bake in 350 oven until firm to the touch, 24 to 26 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Leave oven on. Slide loaves onto cutting board. With serrated knife, cut loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Discard ends. Place slices, cut sides down, back on baking sheet (they can touch). Bake until dry, another 15 minutes, turning biscotti over after 7 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to several days.
Yield: Makes 56 servings- 4 dozen
1 POINTS per serving

Nutrition information:
calories 43, fat 0.8g (16.7%), 48mg sodium, fiber 0.3g

barbara - thanks. I'll try asparagus.

loving life once again...Thanks LAWL
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #62

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, Your picture is very lovely, and your description of the biscotti's is so funny. You are so right about buying a brand new house, especially one with no yard put in. We bought 3 brand new houses over the years (out of the 4 houses that we've bought), and the one with the 0 landscaping when we moved in.. that was the most work...

Katie, Thanks... I'll see what my DD thinks about that... I imagine the facial massage might be a big hit with her. She finally quit her job today! I'm so incredibly relieved about that, as they have just been putting major pressure on her, and that is not what she needed to get better. So I'm hoping a few totally stress free days might be just what she needs to turn the corner toward being better, along with the drugs that are supposed to reduce the pressure inside the inner ear and are reported to help in 80-85% of people wth this.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #63
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies

Man, I took one day off of 3FC, and what a busy day I chose to take off I was super busy yesterday....I decided to get some sewing done DGD has such a round little tummy, that I have decided to make her a couple of outfits that are long enough in the belly so she doesn't et cold this winter. I am also putting together a pink silky dress for her. I will post some pics when I get things finished up.

Katie......I am so super excited for you. I hear what you are saying....I have been wearing make-up and doing my hair and getting dressed everyday lately too. It's so weird. And my laundry.....my glorious laundry is STILL caught up. I feel quite accomplished about this I feel like I have much more time in my day now. Life is good THe neighbor girl went back to chicago with her family. I talked to her for a bit b4 she left, and I told her to please call if she needed help. I reminded her that noone should EVER hurt her again, that is it wrong, NO MATTER WHAT, but I am not sure if she believed me I told her if she found herself in a situation like that again b4 she came back, to call, and I would make 1000 calls if I had to to find someone to help her right away. I reminded her that there are people everywhere that can help her, and that it is against the law EVERYWHERE. She did call me and let me know they made it ok, and that she and her parents had a really good talk on the way there......but they are a$$holes, so who knows. I know that is not right or nice to say, that they have their own problems....but they make me sick. My friend does not yet know if she made it into the clinical trials. They make her hurry up and wait all the time. She Fed-exd her scans from Wed overnight to Maryland, so hopefully she will hear something today or early next week.

Barbara......I never did mention my concern for your DD. I REALLY hope the meds work for her. It sounds just miserable, and I am with Katie......I think the massage therapy and possibly the chiropractor are good options to add to her medical treatments. As long as they aren't too extreme and want you to abandon your medical advice. If the medical advice is not helping after a good try, that is a different story, but I get nervous when common sense is left out of the equation. I tend to be a rather scientifically based homeopath

Speaking of scientists, JM had heart surgery yesterday! I saw it of FB. She had a small (if you can call any stroke small) stroke a few months back, and the discovered a small hole in her heart. If I remember correctly, it is the hole that we all have, bt it usually closes before birth or shortly there after. Hers did not. If I am wrong about this, JM, let me know Anyway, she did fine in suregery and should be going home today. I thought you all might want to know

Kim...you hottie you.......you look gorgeous in your new avatar. I love it! I seem to have a lot of red headed friends As always, you crack me up, so glad you are back

Jillian? Jilian? Where for art thou?

Ok, I have to shred. I have a ton to do this a.m. I will try to check back later
XOXO

Official Ticker:

10/14/2013----game ON! 213
Weekly Losses with Official WI day on Mon:
Week 1 Oct 21: WI 210.4 Loss: 2.6 lbs.
Week 2 Oct 31: WI 209.4 Loss: 1.0 lbs.
Week 3 Nov 4: WI 208.8 Loss: 0.6 lbs. WW
Week 4 Nov 11: WI 208.2 Loss: 0.6 lbs.
Week 5 Nov 18: WI 203.2 Loss: 5 lbs
Week 6 Nov 25: WI
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #64
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. i'm here. i did a double workout this morning, since i missed out on yesterdays due to some personal circumstances. anyways, i'm back at it.

i'll have to go back and read all the posts i've missed. hope everyone has a good day and weekend!

"Exercising is like brushing your teeth...it's just something you have to do everyday."

"Success often comes from doing ordinary things with extraordinary commitment."
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #65
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

ps..kim, i love your new pic!

"Exercising is like brushing your teeth...it's just something you have to do everyday."

"Success often comes from doing ordinary things with extraordinary commitment."
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #66
Katie

Height: 5'1

A double workout, I can't even imagine that at this point, lol. Good for you Jillian!

Nicole- You are such an angel in the lives of your friends and family. I really hope you friend gets into that clinical, that would be awesome!!

I have not worked out yet, waiting until naptime today.

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #67

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Friday to you all. Hope everyone is doing well. It is rainy and dreary here today and I really did not want to get out of bed this morning. I have been eating better and exercising at least everyday. I have been approached to participate in a 5K but I just dont know. There is not doubt of course that I can walk if I want to but the people I will be with are runners/joggers.. The race is in about 35 days and I just do not think that is enough time to get in shape. I think I might just do the 1 mile fun walk. The money all goes to the same place. My son who is the football star has asked me to help him. He is trying out for the middle school this spring and he has to run a mile in so many minutes. So i think we are going to use the couch to 5k interval training method and add in some strength taining. He is so talented but he is so small. He really needs some muscle mass to compete with the big boys. His friend was over yesterday and he had on just his jersey and I could not believe how much bigger he was than my son. I wish there was some kind of weight transplan and I could give him a few of my pounds

A cheer for every 5 pounds lost

Goal 1: 210 by June 13th
Goal 2: 199 by September 6th
Goal 3: 185 by December 25th
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #68
Katie

Oh, Amy, I wish there was a weight transplant program every day. I am planning on giving my extra weight to Paris Hilton.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #69

Height: 5'6

HAhaha weight transplants would be AWESOME!

Hey all, so I am back on track food wise I thinK! I had a good week even when I was away at a conference and even when FH ordered take out from the palce with great pizza! I was good! Yay! And i went down 2.6 this week.
It's funny cause since I went off birth control I am paying more attention to what my body is doing. it seems like the 2 weeks before ovulation i gain easy or can't lose no matter what I do and then after that I lose a bit more easily...what is up with that? i thought it would be the opposite! lol
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #70
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Oh, Amy, I wish there was a weight transplant program every day. I am planning on giving my extra weight to Paris Hilton.

now thats funny.
Mini Goal #2

Mini Goal #1 18lbs
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #71

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy, You never know when kids are going spurt up and go from small to tall, it is really common occurance in middle school. We've had unseasonably hot weather here lately. It was over 90 earlier in the week, which is really unusual for late September here. Today looks like another day of summer.

Kim, Jamaica for Valentine's day sounds grand.

OOH... THERE IS A MOMMA DEER WITH TWO BABIES ABOUT 5 FEET IN FRONT OF MY WINDOW... WHAT IN THE HECK ARE THEY EATING NOW...
Old 09-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #72
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Something expensive, I'm sure!

Maybe Valentines day, but we priced out Easter week too, and it is a LOT cheaper, so we may be going in April, unless there is a big sale soon.
Mini Goal #2

Mini Goal #1 18lbs
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #73
Katie

I have finally gotten day 5 of the shred done, right before bedtime!

Old 09-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #74

S/C/G: 228/175/145

Height: 5'7

how does l.a work?
dimples4389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #75
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I had a wedding to go to last night and it was fun. Two of my friends got married and it was beautiful and went off without a hitch. My new pic is from last night. It's one a friend of mine took and I stole it off of FB. It's not as bad as some of me so I posted it at Nicole's suggestion LOL

Today will be a quiet day for me. But usually sundays are around here.

Have a good day!

equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote