Old 09-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #16  

Height: 5'6

Yay Katie!

We didn't get the house Guess it wasn't meant to be...sooo more hunting! I totally feel like I asked someone out and they rejected me though lol...all part of the process though eh?
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #17  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh Kristen, I'm sorry about the house. That sucks. You are right though, it is a part of the process.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #18  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Katie Brower Weaver has shredded.
YAY! I am proud of you Katie!

After a 1 week sabbatical, I will be back at it tomorrow, although it is getting pretty dark when I get up now. Bummer. I truly believe that I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I hate the short days. When the time changes, DH has to hide the kitchen knives on me, I get so down.

I went to visit my SIL this weekend, and she has been walking and dieting since our vacation ended at the beginning of August - and she looks really good! She is nowhere near as heavy as I am, though, but it made me decide to get right back into exercise, before I get too far out of the habit.

Nice to see new people here! Hi MJ and Ann!

Kristen - Sorry about the house. You are so right that it feels like a personal affront - but you know what? There are more places out there - your's is waiting for you.

Last edited by Kimphin; 09-21-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #19  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
SOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! YAY!!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #20  
Amy

Hey guys!

It's been a while, work is SOOOO busy! I work for the Virginia Employment Commission and unemployment is about 7% here. THis is a huge manufacturing area of the country, and so much of the work is going overseas. Well, and closing completely that is. Some of the area plants include Mohawk (flooring), Hersheys, McKee Foods (Little Debbie), Bontex (make rubber for sneakers- Addidas, Reebok, etc.), Coca Cola... the list goes on!

And apparently the fall is to get worse. The majority of the plants do a massive layoff every year for the holidays. Sucks, doesn't it? Well, needless to say, our office is swamped! I don't even have time to pee!

I haven't been eatting as well as I wish, plus not getting in my water. I like drinking my water out of a Rubbermaid 32oz. bottle, but I can't find any here. My sister is coming down for te weekend, so I will ask her to bring me some from Jersey. I have managed to not gain even though I've been eatting badly because of all the calories I have been burning.

And my feet! I haven't worn heels (other than church) in 2+ years!

We are moving into our house this weekend, I cannot wait!!! AHH!!!! I am SOOO excited! Plus I get to see my younger brother and sister! My younger brother is the on at TBS in Quantico, so I am uber excited!!

Well, off to plan some meals and do my housework. I want to Shred again so bad, but by the time I get home at night, i am BEAT. I am not a morning person either... I can barely get my butt out of bed on time for work. Maybe if I got up earlier and got it out of the way? Yeah right... I'll keep dreaming!

I'll come back to personals in a bit--

Night for now!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #21  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Wooooohooooooo Katie Bower Weaver!!!!!

Katie.......that is soooo awesome!!!! I am soo mad at myself for not checking 3FC last night!!!!! Seriously girl....that is a huge accomplishment......at least that first day was for me. Let me tell you a coupld of things that have changed for me since I started taking that time to work out:
1.) My laundry has been caught up for a little over a month.
2.) I am FLYimg again, cuz I really AM finally loving myself enough to take the time to work out.
3.) I am enjoying this 20 or 30 minutes of quiet in the mornings that in 19 years of being a mom I have never had.
4.) After 42 days of shredding, I can see muscles in my arms and legs, even under the chub....and I am starting to feel pretty strong.
5.) I feel like I have something now that noone or no bad day can take away from me.....I treat myself to my workout every morning, b4 and drama can take place......and although it took about a month to actually enjoy working out.......believe it or not, I now do.

So, I realize I sound like a fanatic, but I feel so good. No, it hasn't made
EVERYTHING better......but my confidence is sooo much better than it has been in years. So,this morning, when you are having a hard time moving around.....get right back at it. Your kids are going to be sooo proud of you. Mine are just adorable about it. Truly, Katie.....I am so proud of you .

Hi Kim!!!! I always get this big cheesy smile when I see our icon. We miss you when you are gone

Kristin.....sorry about the house girlie

JerseyAmy.......so many things going on for you now.......it's exicting and exhausting all at the same time. I bet you are about ready for a boring night, huh?

Ann.....WTG resisitng the candy. We always used to talk about the dangers of the grocery store, and how one must stick to the perimeters of the store, cuz there is less junk there. But you resisted, and that is awesome. I do love the structure of this plan also, because it actually requires that you get in all of the food groups, with a decent amount of choice.

Alannah......how did your meeting at school go?

Hi Laurie, MJ, and Joan

I am going to run over to my girlfriends house this morning to frost her hair. She has a CT tomorrow that will determine if she gets into a clinical trial in Bethesda, Maryland....and the least I can do is help her to have a good hair day..the rest of the day is going to be soo tough for her

My brother is here again. He is floundering around in life real bad, and he keeps taking the mega bus here for a few days at time. He doesn't stay long, as he has two daughters that he has half time..so it is working out fine with my family. I feel for him, and I hope he finds his way soon. One nice thing is, he helps me out during the day a lot......and that is pretty darn nice.

Also, as if there are not enough people living in my house right now......we have a neighbor girl, who just moved back here, who is with us right now. She is 18, and is in a lot of trouble. Her step dad beat her up last night.....she ended up in the e.r. and has a broken nose and a concusion. It is just sickening. I don't know how this is going to work out, but there is no way I could send her home last night. Her mother witnessed the event, and didn't even come to the hospital. I do not know the family well, but have known the girl since she was about 14. I have to do some homework today to find out what the domestic violence laws are here in Missouri. In Wisconsin, if there is a DV call, someone goes to jail for the night. Her step dad wasn't even arrested. WTF?

Anyway.....I am taking up my shredding time typing here, so I must go.....but I hope you all have a kick a$$ day!!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #22  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Okay, done with shred #2. At first I thought that I may not get through it, I am so freaking sore, but somehow I did! In fact, the cardio was a little bit easier today.

Nicole- I am so thrilled for you. You are such a good mom and friend, and now you are being that good to yourself, too.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Kristin- Sorry about the house.

Katie- Great job on the Shred.

Nicole- You sure are a busy girl. Great job on continuing the exercise!!! WAy to go!!! Domestic Violence Laws can even vary county to county. she is 18 now so an adult. That changes things completely. If she is afraid or in fear of her life she would need to get an Order of Protection. Things often get worse before they get better. Look on line and see if there is a domestic violence shelter or center you can put her in contact with. there are numerous services available everywhere it is just hard to access them sometimes.

AMy- sounds like your job is keeping you busy!! Good luck with the new house that is so exciting.

Kim- I feel the same about season changes, winter is the worst for me.

I am not eating well or exercising consistantly. I did shred last night and I had my 6 year old do it with me he is having some attention issues. He did ok but he is sort of all over the place. Andrew is still an avid shredder as well. he will do the jumping jacks, jump rope and push ups. He is quite adorable when he exercises and he takes it pretty serious too. We were watching TV last night and my DH said what is he doing. I said push ups? like it was natural for a 1 year old to do them. Hey I figure start him early it sure can not hurt.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #24  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

AmyM......WTG on working out last night. You will have to try to catch little Andrew on video.....it sounds just adorable. When my 7 yo tries to do it with me, he gets under my feet, and it is difficult for me not to get frustrated with him.....but you know, we mama's do what we have to do in order to get things done

Out the door now......see you all later. I feel such positive energy coming from tis forum......it almost makes me feel giddy
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #25  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofsix View Post
We were watching TV last night and my DH said what is he doing. I said push ups? like it was natural for a 1 year old to do them. Hey I figure start him early it sure can not hurt.
LOL - How cute! You have a little Jack LaLanne!

Well, tonight begins the new bout of shredding. I also want to get to the gym in a few weeks (after it is definitely too dark to golf after work ) so I figure it will be a good way to get into the mode. I have been having shoulder pain all summer, and thought it might be a rotator cuff injury that I might need to have fixed over the winter (after golf season - I am a moron, I know.) but I think it may "just" be bursitis, as it gets better when I take Advil.

I was proud of myself last night - I have class after work, and I usually get dinner somewhere out on the way there, but last night I didn't - and went home to enjoy a nice bowl of grilled chicken ceasar salad that I made. I'm searching for my willpower!!!! And I think I caught a glimpse of it last night.

Nicole - How sad for your new houseguest. She needs some MamaNicole love. I hope that there ARE some good DV laws in St Louis - it is just unacceptable behavior.

Ann - I just noticed your ticker - WOW! You have been really successful so far - CONGRATULATIONS!

OK -gotta work - it pays the bills.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #26  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Ladies. Not much new to report with me. You all are rockin' the Shred and exercise!!! Keep up the good work!!

As for me, I'm just frustrated. Went to the dr. last week and asked her why I'm having so much trouble with the WL. I'm sticking to 1500 calories a day, getting in all my food groups and water, and still I'm not losing any weight. She informed me that my thryroid is all out of whack again (almost non-funtioning) and due to being menopausal that is most of my problem. Ack!! Its'a bugger to get older!!! I'm trying to stick with it and there will be a wedding for me in October 2010 and I want to look like one hot mama for that.

Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to vent and I know I can come here and you all understand. I'll be back later and I'll be in a better mood too!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #27  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Good Morning ladies.

The words of encouragement and the I just completed stuff on here are very encouraging for me. The gain over the weekend was actually worse than I thought. So instead of the 10 lbs to go it is up to 13. Which is not as bad as it could be. Getting those first 3 off will be easy, but then the other 10 will take some work.

On the what am I going to do to change my situation front, I have started to exercise with the only DVD I could find (which is pilates). I couldn't find my Biggest Loser DVDs which I probably chunked because I never even tried them.

Sorry about you not getting the house Kristin, but just think there is a better one out there you will just have to find it and you will be glad you waited.

Jeresey Amy: Good luck with the moving. I hope you get settled soon with the job and house so that you can focus on you.

Congrats Katie on starting the Shred.

Nichole: Didn't you just want to drive over and beat the crap out of the Stepdad? I can't stand abuse of any kind.

Here's to an on plan day/week for me.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #28  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Ouch! Updating my WL ticker hurt. 5 lbs!!!!!!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #29  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Kristen - sorry to hear about the house situation. I think many of us have been in that same boat. I know cried for days when we didn't get the first house we put our first offer on. But like everyone else said, it all works out and you will find one that fits better yet.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I had a great vacation. Lopez island was super beautiful and the weather was so gorgeous. The water is so blue. Did lots of bike riding around the island, but also ate some junk food and had plenty of beer. So back to plan for a couple of days and I'm feeling the vacation bloat vanish a bit more every day.

Nicole, I am so impressed with your enthusiasm with the exercise! I bet you are slowly reshaping your body too, as I do think exercising makes your waist shrink much faster. Also my blood pressure has gone way down, and that is a big deal.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote