Old 09-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #31  
Michelle

S/C/G: 216/160/135

Height: 5"6'

Amy I love DQ Buster Bar Parfaits. They are divine. Thankfully no DQs in my little part of the world!!
Nicole-- My girls (age 2 and 4) just tried your ricotta cheese pancakes. They were fabulous!!! We did not have ricotta so I used cottage cheese and they were great. I microd some blueberries and then put sugar free syrup in and then put that on top. WOW. So good. Thanks for the recipe.
momofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #32  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all. workout done for the day.
now i just wish that it was time for bed already! ha! i'm just really sleepy today. oh well..life goes on. so what's everyone else up to today? getting all your exercise in?
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #33  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

I haven't shredded yet today but I am about to here in just a little bit. I have to take Chancey to the vet today and then she comes home with momma so I'll have her an extra night this week. At least I'll have some fuzzy company

I watched TBL last night. I am glad they have gone back to the singles format again. I didn't mind the couples but they did it for multiple seasons in a row and I was getting tired of it. I'd like to see them do something different but even this is a nice change. I like Abby and Danny so far. Not sure yet of all the other names. It takes me a few weeks to get the names down and to figure out who I really like.

After that was over I watched the Barbara Walters special on Patrick Swayze. I don't normally care for her but I loved him so I wanted to see it. He competed about 15 years ago in the Arabian horse show world like I did so not only did I like his movies (Dirty Dancing is still my all time fave) but I had something in common with him lol. He was way down south doing his thing with the horses and we were up in the Northeast but I can still remember the fuss when he was going to compete at US nationals. I thought it was a good show last night.

Guess this is becoming a book...better finish my toast and go shred before Jillian (both of them) kicks my butt! LOL

BBL...
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Alannah- I watched TBL too and I like Abby too. I am not sure of everyones name but she definately pulled at my heart strings. Good luck with your shred and enjoy your fuzzy company!!

Jillian- Great job on your exercise and boy I can relate to needing sleep. I was so tempted to call in sick today just to get some rest and it is cooler outside about 78 and rainy and dark. A perfect day to crawl under the covers and sleep. However I came to work and will suffer through

We had a ballgame last night and my sons team lost bigtime. He is so down about it. I just hate to see him emotionally defeated. I tried to comfort him but It sure did not work. I just hope he feels better this afternoon. he has a field trip today and that should distract him some.

Hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #35  

Height: 5'6

I'm home sick today I hope it's not H1N1...I don't have a fever so it doesn't look like it is but nice to have a day off anyway. I was only supposed to be in some training session today anyway. But hopefully I am better tommorrow, not much time to be sick! We have 2 house viewings on Friday and I hope they go well! Both are closer to work for me and one is priced below our budget. It'd be nice to spend less than we expect for once!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Hey everyone! I did it! I exercised during TBL! I was sitting there watching and then thought, "what the heck am I doing? I could be doing squats or arm exercises" and I got a pretty good workout in! I just love that show, its so inspirational!

Today I have a lunch challenge, going to lunch with teammates and I have no idea where so I can't look at the menu ahead of time... hopefully its not somewhere that I can't make a good choice, although after doing this for so long, I can pretty much make a good choice anywhere! One bad thing is that I haven't had breakfast and so I will be STARVING when I go... I'm going to get a cup of water to fill myself up.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #37  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Friends
My workout is complete!!! Wooohoooo! I didn't watch TBL, I never really have, but I might try it next week.

Jillian....I could go back to bed sooo easy today also. My DH and brother are hauling sand for our new sandbox right now, so I would feel pretty wrong climbing into bed right now.....but it is tempting.

MJ.....I wish I could take credit for the ricotta cheese pancakes, but it was originally De b's recipe, from her cookbook. It is soo deish though

Ok, time for some veggie soup
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #38  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey all!

Work has been busy this week so I am just now catching up on the posts.

Scale is still up 2 lbs, but it is TOM, so I can deal with that and the fact that I have not been POP since probably Thursday or Friday of last week.

Goooooooo Shredders! Your band-wagon keeps growing and growing. Great Job!

We are going to Pigeon Forge this weekend for the Grand Fall Rod Run. My boys wanted to go, so mama is doing everything in her power to make it happen.

Has anybody seen Dan? Has he abandoned us?
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #39  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

I didn't watch TBL last night because I was at a hockey game but I really want to watch it next week. I find that show is so inspiring. I think this year, I will try and walk on my treadmill while I watch it instead of sitting on my butt!
Hope you get feeling better soon Kristin!
I caught the end of Big Brother last night though. It was pretty good!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #40  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

OK Shred was done this morning for today, and the vet appointment is all done for the day and I have a pooped pooch here with me now. Good thing she doesn't hold a grudge or she could be really mad at mamma right now for taking her to the Dr.

Kristin - hope you feel better!

Everyone else - have a great day!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

DixieAmy- I live near Piegon Forge about 45 minutes away. I have been to the Rod Runs before your boys will love it!!! Bring an unbrella though it has been raining like crazy!!

Nicole- I added mandrian oranges to my salad for lunch and it was a great addition, thanks for the suggestion.

Joan- I watched TBL last night and I was thinking I should be exercising while I watch this, they should run something at the bottom of the screen like jumping jacks now, squats during the commerical ?? might work.

Kristin- Sorry you are sick, hope you feel better and good luck with the houses on Friday.

Julie- I am sure you will make a good luch choice.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day!!!I must get to work...
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 210/228/150

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Need to get on track

I got on the scale today and realized I have gained back 18 of the 25 llbs. I lost back in Dec.2008 on LAWL. I want to get back on track before I gain it all back. Any pointers on the best plan for me? Steps to begin again? I can't keep saying I'll start tomorrow-It's got to be today!! I've gained 8 lbs. in 1.5 weeks-UGH!!
leashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #43  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by leashes View Post
I got on the scale today and realized I have gained back 18 of the 25 llbs. I lost back in Dec.2008 on LAWL. I want to get back on track before I gain it all back. Any pointers on the best plan for me? Steps to begin again? I can't keep saying I'll start tomorrow-It's got to be today!! I've gained 8 lbs. in 1.5 weeks-UGH!!
I would choose Plan -3 without lites or Plan-2 with lites.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #44  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Default Beef recipes from La-book

Hi ladies

Can anyone suggest a good beef recipe from the La-cook book?I'm tired of chicken and fish

Thanks
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 165/151/130

Height: 5'4

Hope you are all having a great evening. I'm just back to report that I'm on day 7 of the shred and still love it. I'm really looking forward to moving on to level 2. I haven't watched it yet, so if any of you have some words of wisdom, I'd love to hear them

It looks like everyone is on track, which is great. Keeps me motivated. If that darn Miller Lite would leave me alone, I'd be in much better shape.

Last edited by AJinTN; 09-16-2009 at 11:43 PM.
AJinTN is offline   Reply With Quote