Old 09-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #1  

Default I'm so happy to back on the band wagon!

I just wanted to announce that I Love the LAWL program (but not the actual business) ! I used LAWL in spring 04' to spring 05' and lost 60 pounds, fast. I was able to keep it off for about 3 years and then I gained it all back Well after two years of weight gain I'm back up to 198.4 which is 4 pounds heavier than I was when I first started LAWL. Since I've discovered this gem of a website I have been re-motivated to do the LAWL plan again. I started the FF on Monday and when I weighed in on Wednesday morning I was already down to 194.2 and as of this morning I'm down to 192.1! I know that the first week is when you loose just your water weight, but I don't really care a loss is a loss is a loss! Any every pound shed from this body is just another step to feeling like myself again!
TryingItAgian09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #2  
Super Mom

S/C/G: 179.4/149/135.0

Height: 5' 4"

Good for you and congrats!!!! Welcome back.
SexySagittarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #3  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingItAgian09 View Post
I just wanted to announce that I Love the LAWL program (but not the actual business) ! I used LAWL in spring 04' to spring 05' and lost 60 pounds, fast. I was able to keep it off for about 3 years and then I gained it all back Well after two years of weight gain I'm back up to 198.4 which is 4 pounds heavier than I was when I first started LAWL. Since I've discovered this gem of a website I have been re-motivated to do the LAWL plan again. I started the FF on Monday and when I weighed in on Wednesday morning I was already down to 194.2 and as of this morning I'm down to 192.1! I know that the first week is when you loose just your water weight, but I don't really care a loss is a loss is a loss! Any every pound shed from this body is just another step to feeling like myself again!
Welcome back...and congrats on the great start!I am a new member at the LAWL and this is my first time...so I wanted to know, when you say that you gained the weight back after 3 years, was that due to a lifestyle change or does the lbs start creeping back automatically after a while...even you are doing everything right on your maintainance program?
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #4  

Thanks you guys!
No, sadly I think that it is was more about what was going on in my life. I think that if you stay dedicated when you hit maintenance you'll be fine. At least that's been my experience. I hope you continue doing well on the LAWL diet! I have really liked it myself!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #5  

Silly question , but how do you guys get those cute little scales on the bottom of your posts?
Old 09-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #6  
Amy

Hey guys!!

Welcome to the boards!! THey are SOOOO helpful! Come into the Friends and Losers thread and introduce yourselves, we're always looking for new peeps!!

Trying- click on User CP on the upper left, go to Edit Signature, and you'll see instructions! YOu may have to post a certain amount first though..
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #7  

Thanks JerseyMadchen!
Old 09-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #8  
Yoga-addict

Default Ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingItAgian09 View Post
Silly question , but how do you guys get those cute little scales on the bottom of your posts?
You can get those tickers at Ticker Central, Ticker factory or 3FC tickers. When you reach 25 posts...and 1 month in this forum, you see something called " Edit Signature" when you click your User CP. The application note will tell you the rest and guide you through the ticker process
Old 09-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/142/132

Height: 5'4"

Smile Good For You

This is great news! I too got back on the band wagon this past April. Down
40 lbs. I think where I went wrong and started to gain the weight back is I did not get weighed and did not measure my food. Good luck to you on this journey and I wish you success!!
gwin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #10  
Yoga-addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwin330 View Post
This is great news! I too got back on the band wagon this past April. Down
40 lbs. I think where I went wrong and started to gain the weight back is I did not get weighed and did not measure my food. Good luck to you on this journey and I wish you success!!
Wow...you are amazing!!Congrats for being almost there!!!This is my first time and I started this August. What bothers me the most is the maintaining part...what would be my life after LAWL? I think weighing myself once a week would be a life-long thing, no nasty surprises and as soon as I'm up 5 lbs...the warning bells
It is not always true that we are overweight because we love junk food. In my case it is just the convenience food. I know quite well what is bad for me but after a hard day just to settle down in front of the TV after popping a store-bought pizza into the oven...the temptation is just too great!!!Well...I have learnt my lesson...and here I am !