Old 09-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #1  
Lose 40 by 40

S/C/G: 170/160/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Any snack suggestions?

For my snacks I usually have a plain, non-fat yogurt w a piece of fruit, fruit w a bit of peanut butter, a handful of nuts w a piece of fruit . . . you get the idea. Well, I started tracking my calories on an online diet journal and have noticed that I go over my sugar target everyday - I'm definitely eating too much fruit. Does anyone have any snack suggestions? I'm trying to stay away from anything packaged, so maybe some veggie options?
Soflachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/119/120

Height: 5'2"

I generally have 1/2 cup cottage cheese with around 1/2 cup of some fruit like grapes, blueberry, strawberry.
I generally cut lots of carrots, celery, cucumber during the weekend and have them with 2 tbsp of low fat Italian dressing (only 10 calories!!) during the week.
I am not sure how much calorie you allocate to your snacks, but may be you can have some healthy trail mix or granola bar(not all granola bars available in market are healthy).
Or you can try fruits which are very low calories like berries and melons. Around 300 gm of berries (which is lot!!) is 100 calories.
Rice cakes is another option.

Last edited by healthyliving; 09-03-2009 at 06:41 PM.
healthyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

There is just something about carrots and grape tomatoes together that is wonderful. I dip it in whole fat sour cream with ranch dip powder stuff. I LOVE IT! Also, I know you are sick of fruit, but I love grapefruit with a little dusting of sugar on top. It coats my tongue and I am never hungry after just one.

How about a simple omelet. Not easy to tote around, but if you are home, pair it with some fresh sliced strawberries or a little cheese or some summer squash.

Also, in about a month, I know I am going to start craving my super healthy stew. I just throw a big roast in a pot with some canola oil and sear in the juices and then I throw in the water and simmer for two to four hours, huge pot. Once the meat is cooked, I cut it up. Then I throw in garlic powder, beef bouillon cubes, two, two bay leafs, seasoning salt like Johnny's, pepper. After a short while with that slowly cooking -- oh yeah, don't forget the Hunt's crushed tomatoes, I get all the vegis chopped up -- sky is really the limit. Summer squash, celery, carrots, potatoes, corn, green beans, onion. Cook for half hour more and then viola!

It will last you a week at least. I love to pair it with a Babybel cheese disk with every bowl I have. I have a little piece of bread. It's so medieval and warm and charming. I love it.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #4  

I love to eat fruit and a lot of times I feel like I eat too much fruit, so one thing that I do is get some grapes (if you like grapes) and portion them out into baggies. Then I stick them in the freezer. They take a bit longer to eat since they're frozen, but they're still yummy! It helps since I'm used to just popping grape after grape into my mouth!
disingenuous is offline   Reply With Quote