Old 09-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/163/105

Height: 5'1''

Default i wish i could stick to it!

so i bought the book. and for the first few days, i did follow. but then i started to "loosely" follow it. i was still losing weight. but now, i'm back to my same old self. any tips out there that can help me stick to FSD? thanks a bunches
normalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #2  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

You have to season the food as best you can and eat as often as possible to avoid being hungry and sick of the food. Really. Even if the seasoning has more sodium than you'd like, ie McCormick, that little bit of salt helps you get used to the new food...at least in my opinion.
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/223/175

Height: 5'11"

SEASON SEASON SEASON!!! And get creative. I hate cooking, so I was used to quick meals. I bought boil in bag brown rice cuz I could cook it in the microwave..LOL Canned Beans (be sure to rinse them), the Egg whites were quick, veggie burgers were quick, Instant oats were quick, raw veggies were quick..LOL just be focused and think of the weight coming off...think long term. U CAN DO IT!!!! It really is MIND OVER MATTER!
Lady TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #4  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Its very hard BUT for me it took a lot of praying I dont know if you believe in a higher power but that along with will power is what got me through it last year when I did it for the first time. What also helped me was having foods that were allowed within reach I mean I brought all kinds of fruits and veggies to work with me everyday. If you have the foods with you at all times you WILL eat them!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #5  

Matilda, I do believe in God and every time I eat, I pray that whatever I'm eating aids in weight loss and NOT weight gain..LOL I know it sounds funny, but hey!
Old 09-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #6  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Put food in its place, it isn't the center of your universe, you are.
find other things to do, don't focus on the foods you can't have, think how good the foods you can have are.
one meal at a time, that's all you have to do.
And prayer is very important in my life too, I can't, He can, So let Him.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

I'm glad you mentioned that, because I know firmly that when I pray, I do so much better! So why don't I keep praying consistently?

And right behind Jesus is aged vinegar. Balsamic and sherry vinegar (both aged) on roasted veggies and rice are soooo good.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Also, if you have given it a real try for a bit and not happy with it, perhaps find another program that is better for you and your lifestyle?

I agree with praying too!

Good luck with your goals
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #9  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Its worth it in the long run, don't give up, just think of it as one meal at a time, it will get easier I promise.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #10  

Thumbs up

Wow...Onederchic!!! I just noticed ur stats! 330 to 191 is a looooong way!!! What a HUGE inspiration! BIG CONGRATS TO U!!!!!!

If I could just get under the 200 mark, I'd feel a bit better about getting rid of the rest of it. But looking at ur stats is great motivation.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #11  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Thank you very much

And I feel the need to add that I am not Fat Smasher but I had only felt compelled to add my 2 cents to this thread. Sorry if I misled anyone
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
I'm glad you mentioned that, because I know firmly that when I pray, I do so much better! So why don't I keep praying consistently?

And right behind Jesus is aged vinegar. Balsamic and sherry vinegar (both aged) on roasted veggies and rice are soooo good.

you should try dipping your fruit in vinegar. HEAVEN! i love making a vinaigrette with rice wine vinegar and dipping blackberries. SO YUMMY!
raygunclan is offline   Reply With Quote