Old 08-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #31  

Height: 5'6

Well I am happy to report that I DID NOT give in to all the cravings yesterday...I stayed in my points, went home from work, cooked my healthy dinner and even went for an hour long walk afterwards! YAY!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:07 AM   #32  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all.

Congrats on not cheating Kristin. You Rock!

I'm still not seeing any movement on the scale. Which I have had some off days each week for the past few weeks, but still. I need to get about 3 more lbs off within the next 2 weeks. I may have to re-strategize.

Wow College is expensive. I thought him going to a technical college was going to be cheaper, but now he needs tools. Sheesh.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Kristin great job on not giving into the cravings. I hope I can do the same today.

Amy- I think any college is expensive.. I definately know tools are expensive too, but just think they are what he needs when he finishes so maybe that will help him out later.

Nicole- Great job on the exercise you are working your way to a habit!!!

BarbarB- I have not been on an exercise habit lately either. I just can not seem to wake up any earlier!! I need to re-focus and get back in the habit.

Julie- Been along time since I was in a leotard. I really think no undies as they would show and bunch up???

Hope everyone has a wonderful WEdnesday!!! I have not been making to bad of food choices however I have not been on plan and Ic an tell the way my skirt fits today that I am not going to like the scale come Saturday!!! Anyway I am trying to start watching more closely and eating dinner earlier will definately help. I have been having some issues with my hands and feet mainly my fingers feeling bloated or tight, Did some research and I think I may need to take a B-12 vitamin I bought some but can't remember to take it. I absolutely drink enough water so I dont think that is it. I hope the B-12 helps.

My son did well in his football game. He has a lot of talent but no size. He is 11 and weighs 83 pounds, he is about 5'3" and his legs look like tooth picks. That is actually how I can find him on the field when I cant see his number.I find it hilarious that his coaches keep telling him to gain some weight. Would it not be great if I could give him about 15 pounds? And the 9 year old needs some too. I would just love to give away about 25 pounds to someone who really needed it. Wish it was that simple!!!

I am going to get back into salads so I am off to search for recipies.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #34  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. a quick post before DS gets here this morning.
i'm still going with my Shred dvd...switching it up between the levels and doing more and more of the advanced moves. i still plan on taking the weekends off, i think.
still doing well with staying on plan too. but the scale is still at 219.

anyways, that's about it for now. i'm hoping that maybe more of us get on twitter so we can stay accountable even more. since it's a site where you can do quick, short updates..anyone interested in doing that as well? i know everyone is busy with their own lives, ect.

anyways, my time is up. gotta go. hope everyone has a good day...me included.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #35  
WonderWoman

hey, amym--what does B12 do for you?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #36  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Oh, I have heard VERY good reports about B12.......but I don't have any details. I jsut know one of my cousins who has severe ADHD amongst other difficulties in his life is getting injections.....and is really pleased with how he is feeling.

I finally attempted level 2 of the shred today.....on my 17th day in a row. It was really ok, kind of fun actually.....and a nice change. It is VERY challenging, but I like that

I have to run, baby is being naughty.....but I'll be back. I hope I stop sweating soon
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #37  
WonderWoman

very proud of you nicole! keep it up!
Old 08-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #38  

No Let me preface this by saying that I am in no way a medical professional and I suffer from a slight aversion to medical professionals so I tend to self diagnois. From my research and dietary restrictions I think I would benifit from taking B12. Like I mentioned in my previous post I have had some tightenss and tingly feeling in my fingers and toes. Now It could be something more serious and I do recoginize that fact but a common solution is lack of B12.
Vitamin B12 is an essential water-soluble vitamin that is commonly found in a variety of foods such as fish, shellfish, meat, and dairy products. Vitamin B12 is frequently used in combination with other B vitamins in a vitamin B complex formulation. It helps maintain healthy nerve cells and red blood cells and is also needed to make DNA, the genetic material in all cells. Vitamin B12 is bound to the protein in food. Hydrochloric acid in the stomach releases B12 from protein during digestion. Once released, B12 combines with a substance called intrinsic factor (IF) before it is absorbed into the bloodstream.
The human body stores several years' worth of vitamin B12, so nutritional deficiency of this vitamin is extremely rare. Elderly are the most at risk. However, deficiency can result from being unable to use vitamin B12. Inability to absorb vitamin B12 from the intestinal tract can be caused by a disease known as pernicious anemia. Additionally, strict vegetarians or vegans who are not taking in proper amounts of B12 are also prone to a deficiency state. (copied from Wikipedia)

I have anemia issues always and over the past 6 months I have eliminated almost all red meat and dairy from my diet. So with all that being said I think I or really anyone could benifit from B12- it is said to boost metabloism, help with digestion and to regulate moodiness. Whether that works or not I have no idea. As Nicole mentioned it is also suppose to help with calmness and memory. In my case I think anything would help..
Old 08-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #39  

Height: 5'6

I once saw a documentary on this woman who suffered for like 15 years...would have dizzy spells to the point of blinding, extreme pain, loss of balance, vision, etc. She thought she was dying and NO ONE could diagnose her....until one doctor figured it out...B12 deficiency...her body couldn't absorb it so she did have to have injections of it...but completely cured all her issues like that!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dixie Amy, I know... College is so expensive, and every year it goes up at a rate way faster than inflation and the books get even more obscenely overpriced. This is the last year for my DD who hopefully will graduate in June. I'm always super proud of her and all, but looking forward to having more of my money to spend on me!

I wimped out and did not do the shred last night... I did wake up at 5 and go to the spin class though. For burning calories its hard to beat spinning.

I posted some hiking pictures to my profile. The photos really don't do justice to how beautiful it was there though.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 08-26-2009 at 07:54 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:58 AM   #41  
Post-Master

So last night I ran to Target with DD, and I jumped on one of their sclaes.......fullly clothed in jeans, end of the day, cell phone and toe nail clippers and change in my pockets, and the sclae there said 223. I figure that is at least 4 pounds more tha I really am........so I ought to be right around 219....which shows a loss......not a big loss......but a loss. I had DD get on it alos, cuz she is a nice constant 128.......and she said it was the same as our old sclae. I didn't buy the sclae, but I might this weekend......we will see. I don't even care how much I lose each week.....if I can work out hard, and lose a little each week.....I KNOW it will stick. Also, as far as eating........I haven't been writing everything down...and I haven't really been following LAWL......I have just been eating high protein, high veggie and fruit, and low carb....and eating only when and if I am hungry....and only enough to fill the hole.......and it is WORKING!!!!! I am super excited.

Right now I am trying to become alive, with coffee, so I can do my workout. My back muscles are REALLY sore from the walking pushups.......but I think I will still attempt level 2.

Jillian.....thank you again for helping me with this. You are so strong, and I want to be like you

Ok, better get sweating, before I have to wake up the young one for school.
XOXO
Old 08-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #42  
Post-Master

Oh, and WTG Barbara.........getting up early is real dedication.

And AmyM.......you are just a smarty McSmartison.........you only go to the doc when you NEED to......that happens to you when you have a whole pile of kids, otherwise you'd be at the doc office 10 times a month.....at least. I love it, as I am the same way....and Katie walks this path as well

Ok, time to start shredding, before the little ones wake up
XOXO
Old 08-27-2009, 08:14 AM   #43  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Good Thursday Morning all.

We went to the Hospital last night to see my MIL. They think she has had a stroke, but not sure as she has some other things going on. She has been through alot this year (open heart surgery in February). Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I am still trucking along on LAWL and am ready for the scale to start moving again. I know that it is slow because of the cheats I have done over the last two weeks but that is about to change.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:37 AM   #44  

Nicole- Those walking push ups are the worst until you get to the traveling push ups in level 3...I missed shredding last night but I did walk/jog at the track and was amazed at how quick I was and that is definately due to the 30ds. I have also been looking at scales. Did you see the Biggest looser Scale at Target? it looks really nice and does more than just weigh, maybe BMI ect. Check it out next time. Good luck on your shred today!!!

Kristin- That article sounds fascinating. In my research it showed several examples similar to that. The medical professionals seemed to believe that B12 is showing real positive effects on Older patients with alzheimers symptoms. My sister works with alzheimer patients and she said that 2 of her patients are on a b12 trial and that she started taking it too just to see if it helps her. They seem to offer the shots everywhere so I am looking into that too. Right now I am just taking a vitamin I got at a health food store.

Barbara- love your hiking pictures. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I admire your dedication to getting up early.

Amy- i will keep your MIL in my prayers. I hope it was not a stroke.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #45  
WonderWoman

morning all. i'm done with my workout (still doing the Shred), showered and having a bar now. DS will be here any minute, so i'll keep this short.

nicole--thanks so much for saying that, it really makes me feel good to know that i'm inspiring others to make exercise a daily part of their lives. it makes all the difference, doesn't it? and congrats on the scale #'s. you're right on with me now. dang it!

anyways, i gotta go for now. hope everyone has a good day.