Old 08-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Default Keeping produce fresh.. ?

I love fruit and am trying to eat more veggies.. but everytime I buy fresh produce, it goes bad so quickly! Do any of you have way to keep it fresh for longer??

Thanks!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Buy smaller amounts and go to the store more often. If you are buying more than you can eat in the time it goes bad try going with less.

Also if things are getting slimy you can do what I do- I wrap my produce in paper towels, helps keep it from going bad quickly
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:56 AM   #3  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

You could try using green bags. We wash and then store produce in green bags and it lasts longer than usual.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #4  

They are not cheap to buy but they do last forever...tupperware veggie containers. I have 3 different sizes. They have two holes that can be open or closed and a chart tells you which way to position the vents for different veggies/fruit. I've been using mine for a couple of yrs and it is amazing. My lettuce will last about 10 days or longer. Mushrooms I've kept for about that long too and they don't shrivel up. There is only hubby and I here and he's not a big veggie/fruit eater so these containers make it more economic for me. I can keep veggies/fruit around long enough to actually eat it. I seldom have to throw anything away anymore.

I bought mine when Tupperware had some kind of a special on. Can't remember the prices tho.

Anyway, not cheap to buy but worth it, I think.
bcgal00 is offline   Reply With Quote