healthy snack ideas?

• Hi folks,

I am guilty of always eating the SAME thing - and I'm sure that is what causes my diet boredom. I am looking for some snack ideas - can you help me out please? I tend to eat the same things: humus and carrots, fruit and plain yogurt. I try to get two food groups in each snack so my blood sugar doesn't jump too much.

Thanks in advance!

- Joanna
  • Hmmm...here are a couple of things that I eat:

cucumbers marinated in vinegar and water with sliced onions and green peppers

Very typical but fruit of course...pineapple, grapes, berries

If I have a sweet tooth I get fat free graham crackers and dip them in fat free chocolate pudding

popcorn (w/o butter)

celery with peanut butter

yogurt with granola

I try to keep my snacks anywhere between 150-200 calories (bc I need a higher calorie count each day bc of the level of exercise I do). So all of these fall within those limits.
  • ^all very good snack ideas! I don't really have anything else to add, except edamane. It is so yummy and it packs in a bunch of protein and fiber for around 120 calories a serving. That is always my afternoon snack.
  • Fat Free Pudding
    Almonds / Nuts
    Melba Toast with Light Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges (or any of your fave cheese)
    Celery with peanut butter
    Vegies with light salad dressing for dipping
  • theres also jello, thats a big one..the sugar free kind is only 10 cals and its sooo good..maybe that with fruit? or maybe a string cheese with some kind of fruit or veggie.
  • Thank you for the great ideas - much appreciated!
  • Great ideas!

I also like oatmeal. It's healthy, quick, and provides long-term energy.
  • Have you tried smartfood? It tastes just like Cracker jack and its only 110 calories for the whole bag. If you are doing WW its 1 point because it has over 5 grams of fiber.
  • I love frozen grapes and blueberries, perfect for summer.
    Mini babybel cheese is delish.
    Clemintines.
  • Low fat Garden Vegetable cream cheese on either Wasa crackers or zucchini slices.

Fat free cottage cheese on strawberries, blueberries, pineapple or whatever fruit you like.

Apple slices with peanut butter.

Take a cut up apple, some cinammon and Splenda and microwave. Top with vanilla yogurt. Delish!