Always feeling dehydrated.

• I don't know what my issue is, but for the past two days, I've constantly felt thirsty...despite drinking nearly 70oz of water a day. The weather here hasn't been too hot (although today it's supposed to be in 90F). The color of my pee tells me I'm hydrated, my veins look nice and full, but I've just been SO thristy. I haven't eat anything too high in sodium, either. I don't want to drink too much water because then my electrolytes will be "watered-down". Perhaps it's because I just started working out? Does this happen to anyone else?
  • You really should go to a doctor, because there IS a condition called diabetes insipidus which is not the same as the diabetes we all know about. Diabetes insipidus involves a hormonal deficiency that causes you to really pee out a whoe bunch and have an insatiable thirst. It isn't fatal as long as you have water nearby, BUT you really should be checked out for this.

IMHO, keep drinking lots of water and get thee to a doctor right away...

Kira
  • Well, I don't think it's DI. I haven't been peeing more than usual or anything, but if it continues for a few more days, my doc will definitely have the pleasure of seeing my lovely face in the very near future =) Thank you.
  • Ya, it's probably just weather or exercise related. And I don't mean to scare you, either. Just something to keep in the back of your head, ya know??

Kira
  • are you taking claritin or anything similar that could cause dry mouth? Just a suggestion. I think its the weather or your new exercise routine.
  • I was always thirstiest when I was about to drop some weight. I'm just sayin'
  • If you sweat a lot when you exercise you can easily get dehydrated. Perhaps try throwing more fruits/vegetables into your diet (watermelon is great for hydrating and in season here).
  • My naturopath told me I should add a pinch of sea salt to my water. Seems to help!
  • Well, I've actually come to the conclusion that it's been the gum that I've been chewing for the past week or so. I didn't chew any yesterday and I wasn't overly thirsty, but when I started to chew it this morning, I noticed how dry my mouth felt! Good thing it was the last piece in the pack =)
  • I have a condition called sjogrens and I'm always thirsty. But yeah some gums are drying they have that new orbit that is supposed to help dry mouth.