EXtreme Fat Smash Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey all,

I just started the EFS (I'm on day three). Let's see if we can lose the maximum of 12 lbs in three weeks. If anyone has the book and hasn't started yet or for those who want to start again, here's your chance. To join in just reply to post with name and current weight. To stay in just update us at the end of each week. Start Date is Aug 10th. GOOD LUCK LADIES

EDIT: this is open to anyone reg FS or EFS. I know the cycles are different but I have both books to keep up with everyone's progress.

EFS/FS 12lbs in 3 wks Challenge Participants

Brittany J. EFS 150lbs
    Stef FS 192lbs
    Carrie FS 202.4lbs
  • No takers! It's been a few hours. lol. j/k
    I'm posting my journal entry for today complete with meals. Feel free to do the same. I know I kinda got a head start but I think I may repeat cycle 1 again starting on the tenth. But anywho...

8am breakfast 1 apple cinnamon oatmeal packet and 1 kiwi
    11am meal #2 strawberry and mango smoothie 16oz
    2 pm meal #3 1/2 cup white beans and 1/2 cup brown rice w/spinach
    5pm meal #4 baked chicken sweet potatoe fries (baked) and 1 ear of corn

no snacks

exercise requirement is 65 mins. so far I have done 40 woohoo, will walk/run w my dog tonight for my last 25.
  • Had a minor set back yesterday at a b-day party. But I am hanging in there.
    Day 4 meal plan

7am breakfast 6oz lowfat vanilla yogurt
    10am meal #2 1 small strawberry kiwi smoothie
    1pm meal #3 large veggie salad (romaine, red onion, green pepper, no cheese, no olives) w 3 teas of blue cheese dressing
    4pm meal #4 1 morning start veggie burger - first time ever eating this hope I can stomach it

no snacks since i pigged out yesterday night

exercise - 50 min of cardio but i think i will kick it up to 65
  • I am really wanting to do this. I'm going to the library to look for the book. I'm having a very hard time with my weight right now and know I need to do something serious and maybe a little regimented. We are going out of town next weekend, and I'm a little concerned about eating out. Any thoughts on that?

Sounds like you are doing great - keep it up!
  • I haven't been as super committed as i need to be that's why I want to do the challenge. It will keep me motivated.

As for eating out here's what the book suggests: option 1; divide your food in half immediately when you recieve it and sprinkle something you absolutley hate on one half i.e. mustard, relish, an excessive amount of salt or pepper. There's no way you are going to eat it after you make it digusting OR option 2 have your server box up half your entree and bring it out when the check arrives. you can't eat what you don't have..right?

also skip the free bread and appetizers if you are going to get dessert. And most importantly on your trip DO NOT SKIP BREAKFAST. It's hard because we like to sleep in but its crucial that you eat right in the morning.

HTH and thanks a million for responding to my post Claire...I was starting to hear echoes in here.
  • Thanks for those tips... I'm not a good food waster, so we shall see. I went to library today and they didn't have either Fat Smash book. I was so irritated. I just returned from a wedding and need to hit the hay, but tomorrow I plan to order the book from amazon. I was diagnosed this summer with hypothyroid, and I'm not at all using that as an excuse, but I've been exercising and counting calories and nothing is budging. I know I need to do more, and I think this might be just what I need. I'll check back on the thread.

Stay strong! Let me know how it's going! By the way, I'm right about 156 now, so I am motivated by your stats!
  • I know....wasting food is an issue for me too. I think if I go out to eat while doing this and probably in the future that I will try to stick with option 2. What I try to do when I absolutely have to have fast food or a poboy in my case, is I split it with my dog. He's happy as bananas for it. and he love mcdonalds fries and strawberries, he's weird. Anywho

today's plan Day 5! woohoo almost there

exercise in about 7 min for 30 min - today only requires 30 min but I am going to push for an hour

Breakfast 1 egg white omelet with veggies (use 2 egg whites)
    Meal #2 1 small salad, fresh fruit juice one cup
    Meal #3 4 oz talapia w/ cooked lentils (first time trying this)
    Meal #4 1 serving mirliton, 1 serving corn, 1/1 cup dirty rice.

I need to go to the grocery again. Do not try wishbone's lowfat blue cheese dressing. it's horrible, tastes like it has sugar in it. I am going back to kraft roka blue cheese which is delicious! Veggies burgers are also not very good...to me. So I have to find a way to "kick it up a notch"

Challenge starts tomorrow people. I've lost 9 lbs in my quest for health! Let's lose this weight and gain this confidence!!!!!!

B
  • Hey! I would love to join your challenge. I heard about the book last week and I figured I would start on Monday 8/10. I just found this site last night and I am really excited. I am going to the bookstore tomorrow and to the grocery store to bulk up on some fruits and veggies. Starting weight I hate to say is 192.

~Stef
  • Ok stefe your in!!! And don't be discouraged by the weight. Just set your goal and stick to it. Which book are you buying? The fat smash or the extreme fat smash? hope all goes well at the grocery. You are going to need beans or lentils as well as oatmeal and eggs for the first cycle (if you are doing the extreme FS). Good Luck !

B
  • Thanks...it is time I do something and what a perfect time with all the fresh fruits and vegetables. I was thinking about buying the FSD not extreme because I have more then 20-25 lbs to lose and I want to make a lifestyle change not just a quick get me the results change. (If that makes any sense at all) Also, I am not a beans kind of person; the only thing I do like is Edamame (soy). Is this going to be a problem? Should I just figure out how to make them and see if I like them. Who knows I might love them, not sure.
  • I chose the extreme because I knew I wouldn't stick to the regular esp the nine day detox. BUT my roommate is currently on the reg FS and she has been doing well. As for the beans. They suck I know. I cook them with some creole seasoning and a lilttle pepper, garlic powder and toss those suckers in a crock pot in the morning before I run or exercise. They aren't half bad after that. If you really cant stomach them I think soy beans are fine. BTW if you are going to try my lil' recipe creole seasoning is chopped onions, chopped bell peppers, chopped celery and chopped parsley. It's sold here everywhere but it might be called something different where you live. It can be found in the frozen foods section.

HTH and I look forward to smashing fat with you
  • Good morning Smashers. I have been away from 3FC for the summer and of course managed to put back the ten pounds I lost. Hubby and I are starting FS today and quitting smoking. Our goal is to be healthier by Christmas. Wish us luck!
  • Buckeye I am adding you to the list! what's your current weight, not sure if it's the same as listed in your S/C/G. and your real name??

LET'S SMASH THIS FAT!
  • Ok so I went out to buy the book today, but of course they only had the 4 day one and not the others. So I also went food shopping and picked up tons of fruits and vegetables, more oats, brown rice, eggs, yogurt, lentils, and some dark brown bean. Thought I would give the beans a try. So I weighed myself this morning and it was 195 so I guess this will be my starting weight instead. I ate a lot of fruit today and some oatmeal and I feel good. Those who have the book is there something else I should be eating? Now what to have for dinner????
  • Good morning! Day 2 of P1. Yesterday ws perfect. Didn't feel hungry at all. Stocked up on fruit, veggies, brown rice, all the good stuff. Even bought a blender to make smoothies.
    Start weight yesterday was 202.4. Weighed myself this morning and was 198.2. I know it was mostly water weight and that I shouldn't be weighing myself daily. But the loss keeps me motivated. Now I just need to keep hubby motivated. He enjoyed my red beans and rice last night and we have a tennis date today so that is a good start.
    KEEP SMASHIN'! ~Carrie