3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   I just love this diet! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/178213-i-just-love-diet.html)

yesimhappilymarried 08-02-2009 07:01 PM

I just love this diet!

I'm so sad there are not as many smashers as there used to be! I just wanted to encourage any of you that are having troubles. This diet really works. We eat healthy foods, and we exercise. What more is there? Nothing! Its a start to a beautiful healthy life :carrot:

Keep on smashing! Please, don't hesitate to post any concerns!

Thinfor5Minutes 08-03-2009 09:53 AM

I am going to do the nine-day detox again. I did so well, got my weight down to 136.2 and then fell off the wagon and this morning was up to 140.2. I need the discipline, I think.

I don't know why more people are not following this plan. I think it's wonderful.

Me Too 08-07-2009 10:34 AM

I know it works, just so hard to start over after falling off the wagon. I want this to work again when I enjoyed losing weight and eating healthy.

Matilda08 08-07-2009 04:11 PM

I did this diet last april and during the nine day detox has lost 12lbs I ended up losing 35lbs and had got down to220 with diet and working out so I know it works this diet does take a lot of will power though but the key is planning your meals and having the allowed foods within arm reach. Im thinking of detoxing twice before 10/30 because I am determined to reach my mini goal of going back to 220 or less by my birthday.

Pharoahsdghter 08-08-2009 10:06 AM

I am new here and thought there would be more activity surrounding the smash diets. I am currently doing the extreme version. I am on day 4. I already feel better although last night I cheated with some catfish and baked macaroni. It was a b-day party. But I intend to workout a few extra minutes each day and on my rest day to counter that. Anywho. If anyone is interested I posted a challenge for extreme fat smash so please join in if you like.

Matilda: I am sure you will reach your goal again. My roommate is following the original FS and is having some trouble. She needs some motivation. Any advice?

good luck ladies

LookingForMeAgain 08-08-2009 10:30 AM

I really loved FS just had trouble sticking to it. And as pp said once you fall off its so hard to get back on. Im incorporating it into my eating plan just not following it 100% like Im not detoxing b/c DH needs atleast chicken daily. And if I have to have sunbway wheatr bread one day for lunch so be it. But Im trying to stick with the basic principles of FS just tweaked a little so I can stick with it longer. Ive lost 4lbs so far this week so its working for me.

WisdomFlower 08-10-2009 06:56 PM

What is the Detox like? like what do you have to do, if its not possible i dontk now if i want to bother...

let me know. My goal is to lose a total of 25 pounds.

kiahna23 08-10-2009 07:08 PM

I haven't heard of this...smash diet right? I have heard of MANY detox diets though...Where can I get this?

kiahna23 08-10-2009 07:13 PM

Nevermind I just saw the site fatsmashdiet.com right?

What are the typical results? I am 20lbs away from my goal...And can i still do the P90X on this diet? Since the workouts I do are pretty intense...I just want to be sure I wont pass out or run out of energy.

normalee 08-10-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiahna23 (Post 2868653)
I haven't heard of this...smash diet right? I have heard of MANY detox diets though...Where can I get this?

You can find it at barnes and noble dot com. i bought mine there for less than $7, shipping included. I bought a used version. but there are some "used" new condition ones for less than $4+shipping. hope this helps :)

normalee 08-10-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomFlower (Post 2868627)
What is the Detox like? like what do you have to do, if its not possible i dontk now if i want to bother...

let me know. My goal is to lose a total of 25 pounds.

the detox is a nine day part which you can only eat fruits, vegetables, and water. as you pass onto phase one, you have new things added to the diet. but the detox definitely cuts out a lot of food. but remember, it's only for the first nine days, then you can use those yummy recipes that were posted in the subforum!

Pharoahsdghter 08-11-2009 06:36 PM

How is everyone doing on this diet so far? I feel slimmer but I don't really look the part. I have 25 more lbs to go before I have my body back. Anyone have any suggestions to kick it up a notch? I want to look sleek and slim for labor day.

yesimhappilymarried 08-11-2009 09:16 PM

I'm doing really well! I know this will sound like a total lie, but I lost 17 pounds in the detox! Crazy I know! I ate like all day too! Haha, I would say if you want to kick it up, try to incorporate as much exercise as you can. I've been doing 2 a days for some of the week. I feel like it helps with hunger cravings too. Keep on smashing!

babymamaminor 08-11-2009 10:48 PM

Im starting Friday. Ive been stuck for like 2 months at the same weight. I had a baby 6 months ago and want the rest of my baby weight gone! So this program works?

Jennifer 3FC 08-15-2009 12:26 PM

I found Phase 1 easy to stick with. But when I got to the second phase, the book was kinda vague and I had questions. I joined the online version, and it was a mess. Wait - it was fine for a meat eater, but I'm veg so I had to make substitutes, and the available subs left me with meals like corn and applesauce! That's not fat smash! :lol: So their substitute formulas need some tweaking. ;)

Normalee, do you have the revised version of the book? He made a few changes in the revision. I have the old book, and in that one, grains are allowed on the first phase.

Yesimhappilymarried, can you post some daily menus? You've had wonderful success, and I think seeing what you eat could make some converts. :cb: