Old 08-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #1  
Amy

Question Water

Wotter, Wudder, however you say it, it's important to us!

Being as I am from NJ, I pronounce it WUDDER...

Question...

I drink so much water, that the endless filling up of water bottles and the Brita pitcher is getting old. I drink so much water!! I am curious about the water coolers that people have in their homes that you refill the jugs...

Anyone have them or recommend one?
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

But sister has a Brita pitcher, but I have the Brita, oh I don't know what they call it, but it's a large rectangular box shape with a spigot. Pretty convenient. About a 1 gallon capacity, so it usually lasts me at least a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. But yeah, the pitcher my sister has drives me crazy.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #3  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Jersey:

You can by the faucet mount filtration system for your kitchen faucet, but it slows down the output significantly.

You can also buy a counter top system (or stand alone) that is hooked up to your water fountain. These can usually be found at places like Lowes, Sams Club, Costco, etc. I don't think they are real expensive ($100 - $150), but will definately be less costly in the long run that the 5 gallon re-fills you were thinking off. We have them at work and they work fine.

I actually have a filtration system in my refrigerator. I would recommend looking in to that when you get ready to buy a new refrigerator.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

we have a pur filter on our tap..i know that doesn't help you much considering you'd have to keep filling your bottles..
i've been meaning to get a klean kanteen. just to be a bit more green, plus they have different sizes!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #5  
Amy

Yeah, we have a Pur filter on our faucet too. I actually double filter the water. Since I just moved here I don't know much about their water. My older brother is a chemical engineer who worked in water filtration for a while. I have to get him to look at our water report.

The main problem is we don't have a full size fridge at the moment. Since we're living with the in-laws, we have a small fridge. It's bigger than a college dorm one, but definitely not full size.

We're looking at a house now, and if it goes through we need to buy a new fridge. I will make sure it hasa water supply on the door!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote