Old 07-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/148?

Height: 5'3"

Default Family Tracker Needed

Is there a website or program that will moniter multiple people all eating the same foods?

I am using Daily Plate, but I have three different log ins and I have to add the same new food for each person. I need the family to have the same frequent foods and just switch from person to person.

I could have sworn I saw one web page that had a Track different person in household function. I have looked at sparkpeople and fitday, but I don't see anything.
roundpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Sparkpeople has something called "Track for Family Member" and you can get to it by going to the SparkPoints page, but I haven't looked at it or tried it so I really don't know anything about it. I am considering it though, my SO is trying to lose weight as well...I'm watching this thread with interest.
aphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #3  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Sparkpeople is great, and I do belive you can track family members there.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #4  

Thanks!

I checked out sparkpeople and I tried to set up a family, but I could only see where you could track water, exercise and fruits/veggies eaten.

Am I missing the place? I found that under "family adventure".

I did see that Calorieking has a family tracker, does anyone use that software. It is not free but I am willing to buy the software if it saves time and aggravation.

Right now, I track on weight watchers and I enter the kids on the food pyramid website. THEN I enter all three of us on daily plate to get the better breakdown on the nutrition info.

I wanted the kids to be aware of the food pyramid and they like the bar graph it generates, but the calories, sodium etc is way off, since you are entering generic food types.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 286.6/273.5/150

Height: 5'4"

Check out weight by date. I think their pro version allows you to track up to 10 people. Diet Power also allows multiple profiles.
SweetMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:17 AM   #6  

thanks SweetMama, that helped!

I looked at both of them this morning, there is a $30 difference, but they both seem to be exactly what I need. The weight-by-date costs more but has a bigger database. I don't mind adding new foods, as long as I only have to do it once.

Do you use either one?

Perhaps I will download both trials and then make my purchase.

Thanks again!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 286.6/273.5/150

Height: 5'4"

I have diet power and i like it, but I'm always looking for something bigger and better. So, weight by date is on my christmas list!
SweetMama is offline   Reply With Quote