Old 07-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/215/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Plateu Help Please

I started back on plan about 3 weeks ago at 224 I am now down to 214 and stuck there for a week so I got discouraged and went out to eat 2 nights in a row. now before this gets out of hand I want to get back on track NOW!! Why am I not loosing? IS the Blue plan not right for my weight? Is it not enough Food? I dont want to get discouraged I need to stick to the plan but holy crap...a plateu after only 3 weeks!! UGHHHHH
sweetlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:18 PM   #2  
Super Mom

S/C/G: 179.4/149/135.0

Height: 5' 4"

Did you try doing Take Off again???
SexySagittarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:48 PM   #3  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

A week is not a plateau. It is easy to get discouraged when you are doing right and the numbers are not reflecting that, but I found last time I did the plan that I would plug along and lose NOTHING for two weeks and then one day I'd get on the scale and be down 5 lbs that would STAY OFF. That knowledge has helped me stay on track a lot more this time. Another thing that helped was to write down my start weight and average out how many lbs a week I was losing. My average loss was great even though I might not lose anything for two or three weeks. You gotta look at the big picture and quit obsessing over daily scale results. I really reccommend figuring your average weight loss per week before you let yourself get discouraged.

Congrats on the weight loss so far and good luck!
Mary
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/215/130

Height: 5'4"

Should I do the limited "no bars" take of agian since i have been off plan for three days? And You are definitly right about me obsessing over the scale...I weigh myself everyday expecting to see a loss. I guess my main issue now is that I am retaining dso much water and sodium. I should do lemon water for sure first thing in the am! But what about getting back on plan??? What should I do??
sweetlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:28 PM   #5  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I really don't like TO that much. I have a family to cook for and it is so hard giving other people carbs, dairy, and fruit when you can't have any. If it were me I'd drink lemon water at night, drink all my water during the day (maybe extra for a few days) and get black on your regular plan first thing in the morning. If you don't lose any within a week I might try the limited TO with the bars.

If you don't mind doing TO, then you could just do that. I don't know which one I would do. Maybe someone else could chime in on that. You are not going to see a loss every day....even if you had a scale measuring tenths of a lb, some days you are going to weigh more through no fault of your own. When I was pregnant I got weighed, then went to pee and asked the nurse to weigh me again. I had lost 3 lbs just peeing! You could poop and lose a lb...it is just unhealthy to beat yourself up over a pound or two when your body NATURALLY fluctuates throughout the day and from day to day.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #6  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Sweetlily:

This forum has lots of information on how to break a Plateu. Having one is not unusual. Please don't be discouraged. You need to look at this as a lifestyle change and not a diet. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get re-focused on your goal.

Also, I belive the Blue plan is for those that do alot of exercise. Does that fit your situation? Do you go to a center? Is this the plan that they put you on?

Take off can help and you will need to use the one that works for you. Another issue that may have been a culprit during that week is TOM. No gain during that time, is a success.

Good Luck.

Last edited by aguerin; 08-03-2009 at 02:36 PM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #7  
DixieChick

Sweetlily:

Here is some LAWL Plateu Breaker information that I collected previously from this forum. Hope this helps.

5 Day Plateau Breaker
PLATEAU BREAKER

- Eliminate all condiments - Eliminate all fast and frozen foods
- Increase water intake to ten (10) 8oz glasses
- Consume all fruits, vegetables, dairy, and fat servings as indicated on plan
- Limit protein and starch choices to those listed below.

PROTEIN CHOICES (Follow Plan Servings Size)
Veal
Cutlet Rump Chop

FISH
Sole, Bass,Cod, Halibut, Flounder, Lake Perch, Orange Roughy, Fresh Tuna, Talipia, Lobster, Scrod, Shrimp, Whitefish, Flounder, Red Snapper

POULTRY
Chicken Breast Turkey Breast / Ground Turkey Breast

VEGETARIAN
Egg Whites Egg Substitute Soybeans Tofu

STARCH CHOICES (Follow plan serving size)
Lite Bread, Melba Toast, Akmak Cracker, Unsalted Rice Cake, Thin - Kavil Crispy Bread, Unprocessed Bran, Fat Free Saltine, Wasa Crackers, Whole Wheat Pita, Reduced Fat (RF) Triscuits, RF wheat thins, Kavil Hearty Rye

FAT BURNING FOODS
6 egg whites, 1/2 grapefruit, Asparagus, strawberries, Blackberries, blueberries, Squash, broccoli, brussel sprouts, apples, raspberries, bok choy
Old 08-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #8  
DixieChick

More Plateu Info:

No peanut butter, apples or bananas
No carb cravers or frozen entrees
No potatoes, or carrots
No beef, pork, or cheese
1 lite drink and 1 lite bar per day rather than 2 bars
Only 64 oz. of water (unless exercising then add 1 8oz. glass)

Plateau Breaker suggested by COD

Proteins - lean options such as chicken, fish and veal
Starches - high fiber/low cal, lite whole grain bread (35-45 cal/slice)
Fruits - high fiber - strawberries, raspberries and apples (No Apples??)
Vegetables - high fiber - broccoli and spinach
LA Lites: 1 drink and 1 bar instead of two bars a day.
H2O - up to 10-12 glasses
No fast food, frozen food or restaurant foods
Hot lemon water first thing in the morning and adding lemon juice to your water.

Try to use protein instead of cereal for breakfast to get metabolism going early in the day. Try skim ricotta cheese slightly warm with cinnamon. Add fruit if you like.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #9  
DixieChick

And Last but not least:

What LAWL says:

Eating frequently can help to keep metabolism active and burning throughout the day. Try to split meals into 5-6 mini meals each day, and plan each meal to contain some protein or dairy in each. You can split either—proteins must be the same if splitting. Examples of small frequent meals include nuts & raisins, yogurt & berries, celery and peanut butter, chicken with broccoli & brown rice, LA Lite & tossed salad with cheese, LA Lite powder blended with yogurt and berries, etc.

Make sure you are getting a variety of all foods, and not eating the same type of foods at the same times, everyday. The body gets use to burning the same types of foods, so mixing it up can help to jump start metabolism. Try including Carb-craver menu items or some new recipes from the cookbook-to add variety and introduce new foods.

Change up your eating patterns, to have different foods or types of exchanges at different times of the day. One morning, instead of a half protein & a starch, try a dairy and a fruit (like a smoothie) or a full protein & a vegetable (omelet) or try a Carb-Craver cereal item with fruit for lunch.

Try using combination foods, that use more than one exchange at a time, such as Biscotti, cereal bar, DeLites, etc.-to help get in all your exchanges.

Try smaller portion sized foods, such as beef vs. chicken, cheese vs. milk, nuts verses a full serving of chicken. How can you use beef instead of chicken when it says no beef?

Incorporate activity, such as walking–to help boost metabolism.

Limit higher sodium foods, such as frozen & restaurant meals, deli meats, canned foods, cottage cheese, etc. - to no more that 2-3 times per week total, to help control any fluid fluctuations. Also, get in at least 10-12 glasses of water, (your body will retain more if it does not get enough).

Make certain to keep a very detailed diary-weighing and measuring all foods and recording all portion sizes, including fats, beverages, condiments, as well as meal times and duration of any exercise.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Sweetlily, Really you've lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks! If that 10 pounds is all fat, that would be a 35,000 calorie deficit, or HUGE. You can not expect to lose 10 pounds of fat any faster than that. The dairy fairy is totally right. Weight fluctuates more day to day than you can lose in an entire week, so expecting to see a loss every week is just not realistic. I would not even call that a plateau, it is more just a making what you already lost reall weight lost. Some weeks are going to be great. Some weeks are going to just seem like nothing is working.. when in fact all weeks count. I always like to think when I'm not seeing progress on the scale, it is because my body has been busy healing from the damage of the weight I gained... pulling that skin back in and making me smaller, since bottom line... I want to be smaller.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote