The 4th

• If you are smashing right now,what are your plans? I know I usually have a a cookout and hang out with friends and that usually consists of some type of alcoholic refreshments . How are you guys planning on deal with the festivities while smashing? I need some tips....
  • Well I'm Canadian so no 4th of July over here but lately I have had a few get togethers and I try to make virgin pina coladas and for a cookout I'd do veggie burgers or veggie dogs with no bun. What phase are you on?
  • We are planning on grilling, so I am going to grill up a load of veg- probably some asparagus and corn on the cob. I also have a black bean salad that everyone loves that I am making that is Phase 1 compliant. As far as the alcohol goes, I am making sangria for everyone else and a big pitcher of iced tea for me.

Here is the salad if anyone wants it:

Add 2 cans Black Beans (rinsed)
    2 red bell pepers (chopped into chunks)
    a bunch of chopped parsley

mix
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
    salt & pepper
    Add as much of the dressing as you lie to the salad and toss.

If you are on Phase 2 or up, throw in a half cup low fat feta cheese and prepare to stuff yourself silly.
  • Okay, I went to South Carolina to visit family and I totally messed up. Sooooo many cookouts! Well, I'm back on FS today...and although I feel a little guilty, I know I will stick to it (now that the 4th is over!)
  • Quote: Okay, I went to South Carolina to visit family and I totally messed up. Sooooo many cookouts! Well, I'm back on FS today...and although I feel a little guilty, I know I will stick to it (now that the 4th is over!)
    Dont feel guilty. I did the same. But its great that we know that and we still keep on going. That is what i am going to do.