Old 11-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #496  

I read the original YOU book and enjoyed it. Haven't really been enjoying eating lately unless I'm really hungry. Maybe that's a good thing.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #497  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Blue, it seems like you have a handle on things. If you like yogurt, I suggest you try Fage 2% with strawberry or cherry or honey. OMG! It is soooo good. It's Greek-style yogurt, so it can be hard to get used to, but it is so much better than the regular yogurts IMO. I can't eat any other kind now, although I still like McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfait.

I have 100% whole wheat pasta and white pasta, too. I like the taste of the white better, but sometimes I can get away with making the wheat. I use the wheat when I make chicken parmesan because the chicken is the main part of the meal, not the noodles. I don't like the whole wheat when it is the main feature of the meal, you know what I mean?

Carol, I guess that is how it's supposed to be. I'm more sensitive to overeating than I use to be. I hate to be too full.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #498  

I can see from recent pictures that I am thinner than last fall.....a whole year to see progress? Well, if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. I only wish I'd figured this out years ago.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Carol, yay
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #500  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Serenity View Post
Thanks CandE. I am actually trying to stick to more "YOU" types of foods for the bulk of the day to help control the cravings that "non-YOU" foods can cause. (lol ... gotta love terms ... "YOU foods") I like the YOU foods anyways, so its not like I'm eating "diet" food. I'm just choosing to eat less overly processed foods. And so that I don't end up with the diet deprivation feelings I am allowing myself those non-YOU foods in the evenings if I feel like I need a snack (that way I can sleep thru the insulin surge or drop or whatever it is that causes the cravings to kick in). But I'm following this loosely because I still want to eat intuitively and if the moment calls for a plate of white pasta or something else, then that's fine. I also have learned from IE that satisfaction with what we eat is major important! (And quite frankly, I enjoy white pasta way more than the 100% whole wheat variety tho I have both in my cabinet.) For me, I'm stressing to myself that whatever I eat it is MY choice. I choose. I am finding that that helps keep me in the right frame of mind. By breaking away from thinking that I'm following some program or way of eating, I am freeing myself to eat intuitive within my own preferences and right now I prefer not to have uncontrollable cravings all day so I am being picky about what I put in my body.
Blue I am doing the same thing with the CAD program that you are doing with YOU. I want to do everything Intuitively. It makes it so much easier.

Blue & theCandEs I have heard of people mixing both the white with the whole wheat. I've done that before to get DH to eat it, but I don't like it mixed. I prefer one or the either.

Carolr Congrats on being able to see that you are thinner in the pics. I look forward to the day I can do that.

My days have been pretty good. I am trying to remember some of the things in that article you posted Carolr. I've been thinking about the fact that our stomach is the size of our fist. Kind of makes you think about how much you eat at one time.

I got my Callanetics dvd today. It says to do 2 or 3 days a week. I will start those tomorrow. I want to do it Mon, Wed and maybe Fridays.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #501  

New thread here.......http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ml#post3016323