Old 06-25-2009, 09:22 AM   #31  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! Thanks for all of the birthday wishes, both here and on FB! We watched Beverly Hills Chihauhaus for my birthday last night. My kids were really mad at our Chihauhau, Skippyjon Jones, because all he wanted to do was sleep under the blanket, and would not watch the movie. It was pretty funny. I am working hard to get a good Wii fit workout in everyday, also I have cut way back on carbs. My clothes do fit better, so I am glad for that, and I think I will just keep track of how the clothes feel for awhile before I start weighing. Too stressful!

Have a good day everyone!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinx View Post
Then I am taking Friday off...getting some industrial size garbage bag and just going through my house throwing stuff out! I can't wait!
Ooh, this is something I need to do too! In fact, I'm trying to figure out a way to actually turn cleaning the house into my exercise quota.....kill two birds with one stone.....not sure if it's possible? I mean it *is* physical activity and all.....
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewljz View Post
Suzanne - 200 oz of water??? DANG! I pat myself on the back when I can get in 64 oz, and I feel ok about myself when I can get 32 oz in! 200 oz, I might need one of those bag thingies so that I wouldn't wear a path to the restroom!
Wearing out a path to the bathroom isn't much of a problem for me. My cells have some difficulty absorbing water, so my naturopath told me to add sea salt to my water to help with that problem, but I don't like the way that tastes so I just upped my intake instead. I have to be really careful because I get dehydrated so easily.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Have you tried Stevia as a sweetener? It is an herb, you can even buy it organically. I grew a bunch last summer, and just crush a half of a leaf and add to tea. You can buy it in a powder or liquid. I like it, and have not ever had a reaction to it.

Just a side note about Splenda, I went to a health conference about 18
months ago, and went to the class of a chemist who was talking about toxins
in food. He said that splenda is only one molecule away from being chlorine. That is when I broke up with splenda, LOL.
I haven't tried Stevia. I was thinking about using xylitol until I found out it was lethal to dogs - don't want to risk having that in my house and them getting ahold of it. I'll have to do some reading about the Stevia and see if that'll be a possibility for me. I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I'm hopeful.

And thanks for reminding me what it was about Splenda that made me want to stay away from it -- I'd heard that before but had forgotten the specifics. Hard to believe the FDA actually approves some of this stuff.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieH75 View Post
Morning LAWL'ers!

I got on the scale last week to discover that I was right back to the weight I was when I started three years ago
So while I was on my way home from work yesterday afternoon, my plan was to lay on the couch and continue to feel bad. But instead I remembered that comcast's on demand channel has free workouts. So I got off my butt and did a 10 minute pilates ab workout then checked out the Leslie Sansone walk program. I did her one mile workout and I love it. It was a workout!

The on demand is great because they have so many different workouts to choose from - and they're free!!
Great decision to check out the on demand workouts instead of being a couch potato! One thing I like about the on demand workouts is that they usually have a good selection of dance ones and I think those are fun. I haven't tried the Leslie Sansone walk program yet -- still trying to wrap my head around what this would look like indoors I actually have one of her DVDs....should probably break it out of the wrapper and give it a try. Which I guess proves the point that a person can have all the tools they want but they're useless until the person USES them, right?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:49 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinx View Post
Ugh, my scale is not moving. But to be fair, I can't exercise and I am trying to quit smoking...I've cut down a lot and this weekend I am done! Friggin waste of money and making me feel like crap all the time. And this time around DF is quitting too so should be much easier if we both do! I wish I could exercise at least to help me get through the quitting...so boring....so tommorrow I am gonna keep busy with some cleaning...major cleaning!
Congrats on the quitting smoking! I quit smoking 8 years ago and am so glad I did. This is even more important to health than losing weight, so don't stress too much about the scale not moving yet. If nothing else, just try to maintain -- the weight will eventually start coming off again!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Morning everyone! Thanks for all of the birthday wishes, both here and on FB! We watched Beverly Hills Chihauhaus for my birthday last night. My kids were really mad at our Chihauhau, Skippyjon Jones, because all he wanted to do was sleep under the blanket, and would not watch the movie. It was pretty funny. I am working hard to get a good Wii fit workout in everyday, also I have cut way back on carbs. My clothes do fit better, so I am glad for that, and I think I will just keep track of how the clothes feel for awhile before I start weighing. Too stressful!

Have a good day everyone!
Happy belated birthday, Katie! Love your story about your Chihauhau - how funny! Sounds like you're doing really good and I agree, scales aren't the only way to track your progress!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #38  
Amy

Morning.

Am up 1.5 lbs this morning. I know what my problem is, so I just need to start fresh today and workout more.
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #39  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Morning everyone. Well last night I did 10 minutes of weights and then went for a 40 minute walk. I slept like a baby last night. I have had 3 nights in a row of exercise and I have eaten healthy all week. It feels really good and it hasnt been too hard getting back on plan.
Tonight I am not working out but I am taking my niece shopping so I am sure she will have me trucking all over that mall. She is here visiting me from a small town so city shopping is amazing for her.
Kristin- Good for you to try to quit smoking. I quit around six or seven years ago. I did it cold turkey. It was the hardest thing that I ever did in my life. When I struggle with my diet, I never quit because I remember how many times I tried to quit smoking and one day it just worked for me. I feel that one day I am just going to say goodbye to crappy food forever. It's like teaching yourself to eat again and enjoy all the awesome healthy foods that are out there for us. I know you are a motivated person especially since you were doing a 30 day wii challenge...I say kudos to you!
I hope everyone has an awesome day!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #40  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all.
just thought i'd stop by and say hi. it's gonna be another hot and humid day here today. i skipped out on DD's t-ball game on tues because it was just too hot to take baby X out and i'm thinking it's gonna be the same tonight too. sucks, because i hate disappointing DD by not being there. but i just think that 90's an high humidity is too much for a 2 month old. idk, maybe it's just me..opinions?

anyways..i got a great ab and arm workout in today and have been doing great with being on plan and getting all my water in. i don't really even care what the scale says, i just want to fit back into my clothes!!!!!! ugh, it's all i want.

anyways, that's it for me right now. be back later.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:10 PM   #41  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Anyways,my point is on the wrap up of season One, they showed a motivational tool that I LOVE! She has two glass vases, one with tons of pretty little rocks in, and the other empty. She takes one rock for every pound she loses and puts it into the empty one. I stole that idea and can't wait to implement it.

I went to Michael's and got pretty rocks and two square clear vases. I will upload a picture, but it's super motivating! It's a VISUAL and is good for days we fall off the wagon or just want to see our progress.
I love it.......i am so going to do it
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #42  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh, congrats, Kristin, on quitting. I just went through it too......again. I actually quit like 4 years ago......but then i took a very stupid 2 month vacation from quitting..........so i had to torture my family all over again. You can do it.........and I have one piece of advice for you. Everytime you want a smokey treat........take a nice long deep breath in and out, and tell yourself, "I am tobacco free!" This does two things........the deep breaths are very relaxing, and we seldom take deep breaths, unless we are exercising, or taking a nice long drag off a a cigarette.......and telling yourself youare tobacco free tricks your brain into thinking positively about this change.........it is proven that repitition trains yoru brain..........and yoru brain doens't really understand quit..........but it does understand I want a smoke...........so you have to trick it into thinking that it is happy it is tobacco free. Works so good for me. I bet it would work for dieting too.....hmmmmm............what could the chant be?

Sorry I have been so scarce lately........we have been swimming all day long, everyday. You should see my house and my laundry pile...... It's already 91 again, and the heat index is up to 100.........and it's only 11:30. What else can you do in weather like that, right? Anyway.......I am thinking about getting on the stick with mty health.............last night in bed, I started thinking about heart health.........and I did quit smoking and all........but there is so much more I need to do. I jsut found out my dear friend's malenoma has spread to her lungs (she is 38)........and it is a real wake up call to all of us. Life is so unpredictable............you really do have to take care of yourself in the ways you can.

Ok, I have to shut myself up and get some work done here. I will try and check in more often. You girls inspire me to be a better person..........and I miss you all when I don't take the time.

Jillian........I hope you are still working hard....you have been doing soo well.

Barbara........I love what you had to say about happiness. I feel the same way

Ok, really leaving now. I will check back soon
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #43  
Amy

rocks.jpg
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Amy - cool idea with the rocks, but I'm with Jillian, my kids would have them all over the house and then my DH would have them in the trash and I'd be left with 2 empty vases (one broken probably)!

I watched a Bobby Flay episode today on the food network while working out and he was making philly cheesesteak, so tonight I'm making the LAWL philly cheesesteak for dinner, so easy and delicious!!! Can't wait!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy, I love your rocks idea! I felt like you about a high school reunion a couple of decades ago, but the idea does grow sweeter with time.

I went to the doctor's today for a physical, got weighed, and now I'm majorly depressed over how little of my weight loss I've managed to keep off, as I've been avoiding scales for a long time now (denial is not just a river in Egypt). Oh well, all I can do is start from where I am here and try to do better...
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote