Old 06-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi everyone

Hi, i'm in the search for a new diet plan for me. In the past I did the South Beach diet and had great results but unfortunately didn't stick to it as a way of life and gained it all back plus a little more. I just got some blood work results back today and the doctor tells me I have a cholesterol issue, if I was told to go on a low fat diet and exercise. I read up a little bit on this diet and I believe it might fit the bill, am I correct? Is this something where I need to read the book, or can I find enough of the info on line to get started? Money is tight right now because of recently buying new carpeting

On a personal note, my name is Jackie I'm 38yrs old.. married to Bob for 19yrs and have 5 sons. Nick-19, Billy-17, Luke-12, Jack-6 and Max-4 and even though it sounds like I must run around a lot with all those kids I have a very low energy level LOL
oopsmyhalofelloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Hi jackie! I also did south beach a long time ago and had good success, however when I used to try to lose weight before I always looked forward to the day when I could stop worrying about what I ate, so I gained all that back. South Beach is a pretty good way to look at eating, but phase one is kind of restrictive. There is much info online for this plan. The key to this way of eating is to choose better carbohydrates and fats to balance your blood sugar, make you feel fuller longer, and stop having those sugar cravings. I have to say it does do these things. I recently switched to SB for a few days, but found myself bored with phase one, missing milk and fruit and went back to calorie counting and portion control. I also found it difficult to eat enough calories to sustain a long workout on this plan (for me anyhow). Sorry so long. Whatever you choose, just stick with it and keep coming here for support- we have to help each other! Keep up the hard work-it's worth it. Brandi
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Hi Jackie
I'm in the same boat. I did FS in the past and lost 40lbs but gained it all back. I'm at risk for type 2 diabetes so the doc said I must lose the weight. I have 4 kids and I also have no energy
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote