Phase 1 and gained 5 pounds?

• Okay so my 9 days on detox was up yesterday and I was ready for my weigh in. I jumped on the scale and it said that I was 5 pounds! I'm thinking it's because I went from a non-existant activity level to exercising 6 days last week, and I've gained muscle? I sure hope so! I'm eating around 1500 calories a day, so I know it's not what I'm putting in my mouth. Well, the main thing is I feel great, sleep better and I'm not going to let this deter me from reaching my goals. I hope the next weigh in will have a much better result than this did!
  • You can't gain that much muscle that fast. Were you drinking enough water? I would try detoxing a few more days and fill up on water to see if you go down- make sure you aren't eating a lot of sodium as well.
  • Hmmmmm.............
  • I drank water all day like a fish, and I watched my sodium intake. I don't know what happened, but as I said...I won't give up, I'm going to stay on detox and continue to exercise as I have been doing.
  • I'd say maybe give it a bit longer. I'm doing Phase 1 for the most part even though I was technically finished on Tuesday...it was working so well and I don't really miss the meat.
  • I'm a newbie so please bear with me. Could it be around that time of the month? I know I used to retain water, but I drink a lot more water and now I don't get bloated, don't retain it. Maybe that could be? More water to move things along, since we're eating more vegies and fruit/fiber? I'm only begining day 1, so I'm learning and reading everything I can about this. Good luck!
  • Hi -- I'm not on Fat Smash, BUT when I first started my eating program, I also started exercising and I wasn't losing weight even though I was eating way less AND exercising. It turned out that sore muscles (which I had a lot of!) retain water and it whooshed away after awhile in 2-3 lb. increments. I bet that's what's happening to you.
  • It's not about how much you weight its how you feel, and sounds like your getting the best results, which is better sleep and how you feel energy wise and inside, thats what counts. So many people use the scale as a weight loss measurement, and it's such a bad measurement to use. It can often discourage people to, I never go off the scale, I go off how I feel, and measurements, loose pants, peoples comments later down on the road, etc.
  • i gotta say, with that great attitude of yours, even though this first phase didn't show the results you were hoping for, certainly the next will. keep up the positive thoughts!
  • Thank you all. I bought a pair of jeans earlier this year that I took home without trying on in the store and couldn't button them up nor zip them more than halfway up...but I decided to keep them. Well, yesterday I said what the heck and tried them on, and they fit! Soooo, I guess the scale will not be seeing me too often, and I'm going to stick with exactly what I'm doing!